Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aaron Henry - loaned to Crawley p8

Comments

• Options
    Good read... Hope he comes back and has an impact for us

Feels like he's having a bit of a Karlan Grant type of start to his career - Came into the First Team at quite a young age, before showing on a few occasions he wasnt ready to play for us - Hopefully a loan this season, and maybe next will be what he needs to push on and become a regular
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I've only seen him in glances but thought he looks like he has loads of technical ability but is not very mobile/athletic. Is that a fair assessment?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I've only seen him in glances but thought he looks like he has loads of technical ability but is not very mobile/athletic. Is that a fair assessment?
    Watson's understudy :D
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Its good we've got another two cup games now before the window closes.

Unless Gilbey or JFC leave (and we dont replace them), I question how much game time he'll get this season still.

Cant decide if he'll do better out on loan in League Two (if clubs are interested), or with a team like Bromley or Wrexham who'll be challenging for promotion from the Conference this season, as at least he'll get more game time.
  • Options

Unless Gilbey or JFC leave (and we dont replace them), I question how much game time he'll get this season still.

Cant decide if he'll do better out on loan in League Two (if clubs are interested), or with a team like Bromley or Wrexham who'll be challenging for promotion from the Conference this season, as at least he'll get more game time.
    I think the best thing is always game time, he won’t learn much from the stands. I’d want him playing somewhere regularly in League Two 
  • Options

The worst thing would be if he was 6th choice out of necessity.  That awful place, that Morgan was in for far to long, when you can't go on loan, nor play for the u21s but end up missing out on the 18s and being an unused sub most of the time.

If he forces his was into the top 5 that's a different kettle of fish.
  • Options
    Is the standard in national league much different to league 2 these days? At least playing national league you can recall players after 28 days. Definitely needs to be playing men’s football and not 21s
  • Options

I think the best thing is always game time, he won’t learn much from the stands. I’d want him playing somewhere regularly in League Two 
    Perhaps Jackson would want him at Wimbledon?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the standard in national league much different to league 2 these days? At least playing national league you can recall players after 28 days. Definitely needs to be playing men’s football and not 21s
    Not really.  The standard from the bottom half of league 1 to the middle of the national league is about the same.
  • Options
    Work on a new contract whilst pointing out that Morgan and Adigun are good players too, then a sensible deal can be done.
  • Options
    Anybody know what school/academy he went to? Always find yoof's background interesting. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Anybody know what school/academy he went to? Always find yoof's background interesting. 
    Harris Academy. Charlton have a partnership with them so that’s where most of our youth will go
  • Options
    Vote for your favourite goal of Round One in the Carabao Cup.

he goals to choose from are:

Dennis Adeniran – SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v Sunderland

Tyler Roberts – Charlton Athletic v QUEENS PARK RANGERS

Aaron Henry – CHARLTON ATHLETIC  v Queens Park Rangers

Carlos Mendes Gomes – LUTON TOWN v Newport County

Jacob Sorensen – NORWICH CITY v Birmingham City

Watch our shortlist of five and click here to cast your vote. You can also have the chance to win tickets for the Final.

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/august/vote-for-carabao-cup-goal-of-the-round/

• Options
    Gotta put your favourite Carabao drink in.  They all sound disgusting.

Unable to complete.
  • Options
    Gotta put your favourite Carabao drink in.  They all sound disgusting.

Unable to complete.
    Ditto, plus I'm not giving them my details.
  • Options
    Seems to whip the ball in that Gerrard/Coutinho/Trent manner. Very accurate strikes and free kicks. Sometimes these players can assist shedloads in the first team. I feel he's in between and maybe needs a L2 loan?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Seems to whip the ball in that Gerrard/Coutinho/Trent manner. Very accurate strikes and free kicks. Sometimes these players can assist shedloads in the first team. I feel he's in between and maybe needs a L2 loan?
    I agree - although I imagine we’ll want a recall clause in January. It would also be sensible to extend his contract beyond next summer, as this lad really is a talent.
  • Options
    clive said:
    It sounds like he's expecting to stay here, rather than go out on loan again
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Harris Academy. Charlton have a partnership with them so that’s where most of our youth will go
    In the current 19 age group Harry Beadle (released last season and now at Colchester) went to Harris Academy from Hurstmere as I believe did his younger brother, James (18) but certainly Richard Chin and Euan Williams remained at Beths. Lewis Bate, now of Leeds and who has already played for their first team but formerly at Chelsea was at Beths too - their midfield at the time of Chin, Williams and Bate must have been something else.
  • Options
    clive said:
    It sounds like he's expecting to stay here, rather than go out on loan again
    I'd be surprised if he was sent on loan to be honest, he's quite clearly above Gilbey and JFC in the picking order and if they do leave, then he'd be on the bench a lot I imagine as there will inevitably be a couple of injuries to our midfielders who remained. Plus he's done pretty well so far wouldn't you say? Think he's earned his right to compete for a space in the team.
  • Options
    Like his hunger for a pass and to strike the ball around the box. We've been wanting to see that for some time.
  • Options
    Is he out of contract in 2023 as the heading states?

If so, we need him to sign a new one.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Is he out of contract in 2023 as the heading states?

If so, we need him to sign a new one.
    Probably got a one year extension option on top of that. 
  • Options
    Post Walsall interview, sounds older than 18.

https://www.charltonafc.com/video/player/0_slqxq190