Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• gets an assist 2 mins after coming on as sub (well according to live score app) 

• gets an assist 2 mins after coming on as sub (well according to live score app) 

Nearly added a second forcing a great save from the keeper...according to the BBC

Meanwhile Lyle Taylor came off the bench for Forest to do... Nothing whatsoever.

Meanwhile Lyle Taylor came off the bench for Forest to do... Nothing whatsoever.
    Managed to get booked for dissent
  • MattF said:
    gets an assist 2 mins after coming on as sub (well according to live score app) 

From the Forest forum....

Taylor - a shadow of the player I first saw when Charlton did us last season... petulant and unhappy.
    Well they needn't  worry too much as I expect he'll just see out his contract & move on like he always does. This time he might actually play the last 3 months as well.
  • MattF said:

Taylor - a shadow of the player I first saw when Charlton did us last season... petulant and unhappy.
    I thought money made you happy. 
  • MattF said:

Probably refuse to play from February so that he’s ok for his next dream move.
  • Rob said:
    MattF said:

I thought money made you happy. 
    I would love to do 1/3 of the work for treble the pay.  I’m sure he’s slightly conflicted about not playing but this is his last and only move for really good money. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I think he tends to be a better finisher when he doesn’t have too much thinking time. Last night’s goal and Derby’s last season are evidence for that.
    Remember, Kevin Lisbie?

Same thing. Scored all the wonder goals, missed the sitters.

Not convinced by that.  Lisbie was a seriously good footballer but really couldn’t finish at all.  MB does get goals, although he should get more . 
    Oh, Lisbie could finish ....... but not if he had too much time to think about it.

19 goals in about 10 seasons for Charlton suggests he was playing in a league he was not good enough for.
    When he left Charlton and played in lower leagues he found life much easier. 
  • Said it all along Lisbie was slated for his finishing but he was in the Premiership, his goal scoring record certainly improved when he moved down levels.If we had kept him he would have done well for us, but at the time unless they were likely to play a significant part in the first team many players were released and went on to better things.
  • edited February 2021
    @oohaahmortimer
    Looks like I'm going to owe you (Well the upbeats) £50 come May. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    @oohaahmortimer
    Looks like I'm going to owe you (Well the upbeats) £50 come May. 
    What is the bet?
  • Something like he wont get 10 league goals (excluding penalties) i think
  • edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Kin ell , it’s that time of the month 🙄
    I still think he’s pony 
    I still believe his stats are incredible and prove different to my view on him 

Happy to have a charidee bet for The Upbeats he doesn’t get 10 league goals for The Hoops (pens excluded) this season .

Just grateful we managed to keep our magnificent return of a point per game with him , without him, going .

For the record I am weird and there’s nothing wrong with that you weirdos .
    Deal £20 to the upbeats from me if he doesn't score at least 9 more.

£20 from you when he does.
     🤝
     Not so bad it's only £20.
    Like stealing sweets from a baby.
    Like stealing sweets from a baby.
    How many does he have so far?
  • Sponsored links:

• 3, 7 more to get. I think I should just make the payment on my next pay day. 
  • So how many did this overrated forward end up with 
  • So how many did this overrated forward end up with 
    4 goals.
  • Don't think he started many after they'd sussed him out , always a sub in the second half of the season but he had to go and us and him both had a financial result 
  • Everyone won on this one except QPR. Bonne moved when his stock was as high as it was ever likely to be we. We sold and got a great return. QPR took and expensive(ish) punt and lost. I hope Bonne has a good career, no reason we should bear him any ill will. 

Thats how I feel now, I liked watching him for us. Felt he was always giving it everything he had and he scored some important goals for what they were worth in the end 

Hope he gets his career back on track he has the physical attributes 
  • He wasn’t very good, worked pretty hard most of the time, but we pulled QPR’s pants down on that one!!.
  • I can imagine him dropping down, doing well and going back up.