Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• To be fair, Maddison would probably say the same about Doctor Who at the moment!
  • I have a suspicion that Maddison is the sort of player who looks better on 90 second highlight packages than he does when you watch the whole match, as he'll usually do something brilliant every game, but perhaps doesn't contribute enough to the overall play?

I once had a conversation with a Barnsley fan about Neil Redfearn, we agreed that he was that sort of player too. 
  • I think a fit and mentally focused Maddison does more than that personally. His stats back that up.
    It’s whether he wants to get back to those levels that is the key. 
  • He's one of those players you just want to see take off for us, bit like the Watt scenario.  He could be Jack the fucking Ripper as far as i am concerned as long as he starts contributing to us tearing this piss pot of a league up!

The fact his demeanour, personality and personal life choices don't suit the CAFC wokebase don't bother me one bit.  

Crack on Marcus, but if you don't start pulling your finger out on the pitch, you will start getting pelters from me!
    So you can be a murderer, slaughter 5 women, but run out for CAFC  for half a match and that makes him ok in your eyes as long as he performs to your perceived standards?
    Er yes!

Got lentils for tea tonight Bromley?
    Whisky Tango Foxtrot has lentils and my tea (High!), got to do with Marcus Madison? His performance todate, has not been good. Simple as that. 
  • It could be the way that we are playing that’s not bringing the best out in Madison. I know that most of the team had a mare against Burton but playing out from the back at such a slow pace and the hoofing the ball over midfield doesn’t help to bring Madison into the game. I think the first half he barely touched the ball and when he did he tried too much to show his talent. I’m hoping that Bowyer and Jacko will shape our play accordingly when Madison is on the pitch. It looks like it might take a bit more time. 
  • Madison has the makings of the new Tony Watt.
  • Solidgone said:
    It could be the way that we are playing that’s not bringing the best out in Madison. I know that most of the team had a mare against Burton but playing out from the back at such a slow pace and the hoofing the ball over midfield doesn’t help to bring Madison into the game. I think the first half he barely touched the ball and when he did he tried too much to show his talent. I’m hoping that Bowyer and Jacko will shape our play accordingly when Madison is on the pitch. It looks like it might take a bit more time. 
    I agree about moving the ball quicker but I'm not sure that LB will change the system to suit Maddison unless we stop winning games to nil and/or he wants us to have a Plan B - and I think the latter is more likely to happen in the last 20 minutes if and when we are chasing the game rather than from the outset. The alternative is, of course, for Maddison to adapt his game.
  • His style for now suits a substitution role. 
  • The guy needs more time to get fully fit and to gel with his team mates. At League One level, his goals and assists history tell their own story. We need to have a bit of faith here and suffer a few indifferent performances if necessary until it all starts to click. When it does, we will be even stronger than we are already and we are none too shabby...
  • But, with Morgan in the form he is in and Williams coming into it more, thankfully we have enough playmakers on the pitch without somebody whose body and head are not right.
  • Sponsored links:

• The guy needs more time to get fully fit and to gel with his team mates. At League One level, his goals and assists history tell their own story. We need to have a bit of faith here and suffer a few indifferent performances if necessary until it all starts to click. When it does, we will be even stronger than we are already and we are none too shabby...
    His league 1 record also suggests that teams with him in don't win enough games to win promotion.  I am sure Bowyer could come up with a formation that added 10 goals to our season so far, but probably 10 less points. 

I am half convinced that Peterborough historically set up more to show case and flog their strikers than actually win football matches. 
  • At the moment I perceive Maddison to be cover for JFC, but even though JFC is injured Maddison is rather marginalised.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    The guy needs more time to get fully fit and to gel with his team mates. At League One level, his goals and assists history tell their own story. We need to have a bit of faith here and suffer a few indifferent performances if necessary until it all starts to click. When it does, we will be even stronger than we are already and we are none too shabby...
    His league 1 record also suggests that teams with him in don't win enough games to win promotion.  I am sure Bowyer could come up with a formation that added 10 goals to our season so far, but probably 10 less points. 

I am half convinced that Peterborough historically set up more to show case and flog their strikers than actually win football matches. 
    I'm sure their Chairman harbours dreams of being a Championship club - - but you've got a point: first they set up to be financially sustainable, which they achieve by the model you've mentioned.

Although don't forget they did actually win promotion only a few years ago - and managed to get relegated with a record high 54 points!

• 995632 said:
    Valley11 said:
    People aren’t scapegoating him.
    He’s looked pretty average so far. Against Burton he looked unfit and disinterested. You’d think that would mean putting your energies into taking this chance. Not sure posting insta videos at 3am is the Bowyer way.
    Suspect he won’t be with us beyond this season. That’s not scapegoating that’s just an opinion. 
     Wouldn't be surprised to see Sandgaard buy out his contract at Christmas if he don't pull his finger out quick and there's better players about.
    That payoff would still count to our total wage bill, so we'd be giving away a chunk of the stupid wage cap for nothing. 
    Surely it would be the same amount just paid up front? Getting him off the books 
  • SamE7 said:
    995632 said:
    Valley11 said:
    He’s looked pretty average so far. Against Burton he looked unfit and disinterested. You’d think that would mean putting your energies into taking this chance. Not sure posting insta videos at 3am is the Bowyer way.
    Suspect he won’t be with us beyond this season. That’s not scapegoating that’s just an opinion. 
     Wouldn't be surprised to see Sandgaard buy out his contract at Christmas if he don't pull his finger out quick and there's better players about.
    That payoff would still count to our total wage bill, so we'd be giving away a chunk of the stupid wage cap for nothing. 
    Surely it would be the same amount just paid up front? Getting him off the books 
    But why pay off a player who a. should/could actually benefit the team and b. Would still take a chunk of our wage cap budget with him?

There is a player in there, just maybe needs to work more to fit a role within the team - probably won't be given the free role he had at Peterborough and will be expected to track back. 
  • Jesus, the guys played... what... about 300 minutes for us? And we're talking about paying him off? I've met 2 year olds with more patience than some football fans.
    I think he can be an asset and I'm looking forward to seeing him show what he can do! I was merely explaining the wage implications... 
  • seth plum said:
    At the moment I perceive Maddison to be cover for JFC, but even though JFC is injured Maddison is rather marginalised.

He's about as similar to JFC as he is Amos  :D
    I agree, he's a left footed midfielder who at the moment does not show the same work rate as

Amos.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jesus, the guys played... what... about 300 minutes for us? And we're talking about paying him off? I've met 2 year olds with more patience than some football fans.
    This with bells on
  • SamE7 said:
    995632 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Just for the record I'm not advocating that because that would obviously be stupid
  • cafcpolo said:
    he was the only one who created anything at all when he came on last night, their full back was terrified of him
    I can't believe no-one was on the end of the ball he put across the deck with his right. Was absolutely superb. We lacked so much movement up the pitch last night, was shocking.
    We don’t have enough players that gamble with balls in to the box. 
  • His crossing was decent, the quality of that right footed cross really surprised me, and I suspect the MKD players too

The strikers do need to anticipate better, I don't know whether it's because they're not on his wavelength yet, or whether they're just not good enough

His defensive workrate isn't good though, from the East stand you could see him jogging back slowly when we lost the ball giving no cover to the right of the defence, something you need to do in a 4-2-3-1 which we played for the last 30 minutes