Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Shit, will now have to use the "missed a bullet there" phrase on someone else now.
  • Options
    Genuine question, what is with all the stuck up comments about his tattoos? Who gives a shit FFS.
    Yeah don't get it. Tattoo complaining was a 90's thing. 
  • Options
    A great record at this level, I think the last 2 games have highlighted the lack of creativity in this team, and Maddison should make a massive difference. You imagine that the last 3 months will have given him a bit of a shake as well

Still think his tattoos look ridiculous though  :D
  • Options
    Got a good feeling about the boy Marcus coming good
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I welcome this signing, let's see what he can do before we judge him! LB and SG have been after him for 9 months, I think they know what they're doing!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    27 years old - clearly talented - temperament / attitude under scrutiny - we are in League 1 - we want to go up - is he better than League 1 - yes he is - does Bowyer tolerate ‘bigger then the club’ - nope - does his ability strengthen the side - yep

Let’s give the man a chance.....
    How does anyone know yet if he is better than League 1 when he has no evidence of performing in the Championship consistently?

Hes shown he can be a very good league one player and that will do for now.
  • Options
    I've only done a quick Google search so someone might be able to correct me on this, but I can't see any proof Maddison refused to play after lockdown.

His PBoro contract and loan to Hull ended in June and he didn't sign a new deal with either club that would've enabled him to play. One news story even suggests it was Hull who decided he wouldn't be coming back.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Not sure we exactly "Captured" Maddison. He was standing in line at the job centre. It was us, or pot washing at Weatherspoons. 

I feel he is a risk, but only in that he takes up a precious squad place. If he comes off, bonus. If he doeant, no sign on fee wasted. 

He clearly has talent, but has he got the desire and fitness. Importantly he would need to be pretty awful to be worse than some of the current squad right now. If we want to get out of this league, again, then we need grafters and battler's. If MM is up for that, then welcome aboard. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hull’s ownership has bit of a reputation for not really going about looking after the squad the right way. Think I heard there was a pay dispute involving the remaining games, but happy to be corrected. 

This is a very good signing.
  • Options
    I’m not worried about the tattoos I’m more worried about Bowyer’s taste in jumpers. Is he wearing that for a bet or does signing Maddison mean that Christmas has come early?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I would have been happy with him in January when we were in the Championship, so I’m very happy with him six months later in a division below.

This is not far off last chance saloon for him and Bowyer won’t tolerate any nonsense off the pitch, hopefully he realises that and reflects on the reasons he was sitting on the shelf three weeks after the season started. 
  • Options
    Hopefully he wont take ages to get back to fitness and the recent turmoil may well have him keen to graft and prove a point which can only be good news for us. I back LB to keep him level
  • Options
    So.......

Taylor refused to play after lockdown = called a snake & demonized.

Maddison refused to play after lockdown = dogs bollox & swooned over.

Not swooning - just willing to see how it plays out 

At the end of the day I want to see us go up - if he is someone who adds to the side and enables that, great

If he doesn’t - well so be it

Many players over the years have come in and not performed for us, despite expectations

Some have not performed - got pelters from the fans, but come good

And in that respect I offer up evidence 1 - Mark Azlewood - discuss if you wish
  • Options
    Happy he's signed, badly need goals and assists.
  • Options
    Don’t think Maddison refused to play at Hull. He was available for the games until his contract expired and then Hull decided to let him go and not ask him to play the remaining games.
  • Options
    27 years old - clearly talented - temperament / attitude under scrutiny - we are in League 1 - we want to go up - is he better than League 1 - yes he is - does Bowyer tolerate ‘bigger then the club’ - nope - does his ability strengthen the side - yep

Let’s give the man a chance.....
    How does anyone know yet if he is better than League 1 when he has no evidence of performing in the Championship consistently?

Hes shown he can be a very good league one player and that will do for now.
    With respect, I’m happy to go with Gallen’s assessment of him in his video interview about him, and personally I do believe he is Championship standard - he is however a footballer (it seems) who needs careful management - is Bowyer a manager who can manage such a player, well I think so - my seat is close to the Charlton dug out at the Valley, and I would certainly want to keep on the right side of him if I was playing for Charlton !!!

27 years old, and suggestion is not fulfilled potential - it’s a pivotal moment for him