Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

++Marcus Maddison (ed. P.70 - signs for 8th tier team)++

1676869707173»

Comments

• edited June 9
    Not sure I agree that he didn't track back or press. He saved the game against Sunderland by tracking back and making a goal-saving header in the six yard box. Bowyer praised him a few times (and himself) by talking about how much running he was getting out of him. But something obviously triggered a downwards spiral where he didn't want to be there anymore and started faking injuries and dropping out of training. 

I've worked in jobs where you're expected to be at your very best every day, with nowhere to hide if you're having an off day. It is absolutely exhausting. And if you have any mental health issues, it's easy to fall into a pit. 

• Chunes said:
    Not sure I agree that he didn't track back or press. He saved the game against Sunderland by tracking back and making a goal-saving header in the six yard box. Bowyer praised him a few times (and himself) by talking about how much running he was getting out of him. But something obviously triggered a downwards spiral where he didn't want to be there anymore and started faking injuries and dropping out of training. 

I've worked in jobs where you're expected to be at your very best every day, with nowhere to hide if you're having an off day. It is absolutely exhausting. And if you have any mental health issues, it's easy to fall into a pit. 

I suffer myself so I totally know that feeling of exhaustion trying to pretend it's all ok. That's why I wished him well. 
  • edited June 10
    That article makes very interesting reading & I agree with a pp who said that he would have got a shock if he had signed for a top Championship / bottom half Premiership club. Their training & fitness regimes would have killed him & no way would they have accepted his curry on a Friday night antics.

I do wonder as well what he is going to do long term. It's ok saying he needs a break & can now get up late, but at some stage he will need to get a 9-5 job and any money he did make as a League 1 footballer wont last long. He's soon going to be in for a shock when mortgage & bills need paying.....playing for Spalding ain't the answer.
  • I'm sure somebody mentioned he wanted to be a tattooist - not sure if that was a joke or not. 
  • Has his own tattoo place doesn’t he?