Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    I find this development odd. I appreciate he may not have funds left from his footballing days, although surprised. But why not go out and work for it? I am sure he could get some work.
    I think it is a bit cheeky and somewhat disingenuous.

I also appreciate he has mental health issues but a lot of what happened to him him was a result of his own doing. And this latest could be evidence he still has.
  • Options
    I find this development odd. I appreciate he may not have funds left from his footballing days, although surprised. But why not go out and work for it? I am sure he could get some work.

I also appreciate he has mental health issues but a lot of what happened to him him was a result of his own doing. And this latest could be evidence he still has.
    Probably because he has an issue with his knee...?
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:

He's a tattoo artist and twitch gamer... Pretty sure he could have earned the money without expecting it to be handed to him
  • Options
    He’s posted an update confirming he has hit the target. £3k in just 3 days.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Shameless 
  • Options
    There's a huge distinction between being emotionally sympathetic to somebody with mental health issues and not warming to that same person as they've portrayed a cocky, rude, unprofessional, arrogant personality since you ever came across them.

• Options
    I know a few on here donated, you must have hearts of gold or more money than sense. I really hope he sorts himself out for the sake of himself and his daughter but I wouldn’t put a penny of my wages his way. 
    A talent wasted.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I know a few on here donated, you must have hearts of gold or more money than sense. I really hope he sorts himself out for the sake of himself and his daughter but I wouldn’t put a penny of my wages his way. 
    A talent wasted.
    LoOkOuT said:
    AFKA's alright, he's just jaded.
    I’ve heard he was a bit useful in midfield but failed the height test. Didn’t stop Stiles, Bremner, Giles or Gemmill to name but a few, they must’ve been the lucky ones 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    A talent wasted.
    LoOkOuT said:
    I’ve heard he was a bit useful in midfield but failed the height test. Didn’t stop Stiles, Bremner, Giles or Gemmill to name but a few, they must’ve been lucky 😉.
    YOU could go back 30 years further and give names.
  • Options
    As far as I’m aware tattooists sit down while they work…

Either he’s crap and noone wants his tattoos or he’s just lazy…
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    A talent wasted.
    LoOkOuT said:
    I’ve heard he was a bit useful in midfield but failed the height test. Didn’t stop Stiles, Bremner, Giles or Gemmill to name but a few, they must’ve been lucky 😉.
    Oi, I’m nowhere near getting a telegram from Her Majesty yet 😉.
  • Options
    I thought he owned a Tattoo shop in Peterborough 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    A talent wasted.
    LoOkOuT said:
    Oi, I’m nowhere near getting a telegram from Her Majesty yet 😉.
    Your century will be ignored mate.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:

Bigger problems than just his knee
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Well if he makes a comeback in pro football it won’t be a London club…

• Options
    Darlington have today signed attacking midfielder Marcus Maddison, subject to FA and National League approval.
    https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/quakers-sign-marcus-maddison
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reading about Marcus M is bad for my mental health. 

Nice to see him rocking the receding hair line and head to toe tattoo look. Not starting to look odd with age at all.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Well if he makes a comeback in pro football it won’t be a London club…

He could try Scotland then...as far away as possible. 
    He did, he failed. Predictably. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Darlington have today signed attacking midfielder Marcus Maddison, subject to FA and National League approval.
    He makes comments about London and then signs for Darlington.  
    An interesting person.
  • Options
    clive said:
    He makes comments about London and then signs for Darlington.  
    An interesting person.

He's made them before. As I pointed out of "pizzagate" and all the selfies he was putting out at that time and at all hours of the day. I was told that this behaviour from a so called athlete was normal. He actually said that, in an interview, northerners were much nicer than southerners.  He never wanted to sign for us. Bowyer couldn't even tell us why he was absent and at one point said something like that "he thought he was somewhere else at the training ground". Maddison was just taking the pxxx as he has done for all of his career. It's just that Peterborough indulged him because he was doing it on the pitch but, in the end, his ego finally got the better of him there. And no one else was prepared to indulge him. Not Hull, not us and not Bolton. 

Maddison was originally released from Newcastle without a sniff of the first team, with then reserve team boss Willie Donachie remarking about how much the undoubtedly talented youngster had to learn. He drifted to St Johnstone and then Gateshead. He's now playing just 30 minutes from Newcastle and also from Durham where he was born. So, possibly, he will be "at home" at Darlington. I wouldn't be putting money on him turning up week in, week out though.
  • Options
    Wonder how much time he actually played for Spalding, given he was helping a friend out in that regard 
  • Options
    Wonder how much time he actually played for Spalding, given he was helping a friend out in that regard 
    The answer is in this article - "only a handful" due to struggles with fitness. We know that he isn't a good trainer (lateness, not turning up etc) so that isn't a total surprise. Presumably he is now over his torn meniscus issue that he set up the GoFundMe to pay for:

https://www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/news/maddison-hits-target-amidst-ambitious-return-to-football-9239299/

• Options
    Northumberland and Durham are charming counties with plenty of countryside. I can see the attraction of that area.  London is over crowded now in that sense.
    He doesn't like people from the south either. Mind you, he didn't like Hull or Bolton enough to impress. But, there again, he doesn't like playing football. He has said as much.
  • Options
    got a serious injury 4 games in I believe. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Northumberland and Durham are charming counties with plenty of countryside. I can see the attraction of that area.  London is over crowded now in that sense.
    He doesn't like people from the south either. Mind you, he didn't like Hull or Bolton enough to impress. But, there again, he doesn't like playing football. He has said as much.
    He also said he missed it, so obviously enjoyed it more than he thought. 

Also he doesn't mind the young women wherever he goes. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He also said he missed it, so obviously enjoyed it more than he thought. 

Also he doesn't mind the young women wherever he goes. 
    He's said that before too. Got a contract and then found he doesn't like it after all. Meantime he's still being paid. Given that he had to fund raise for his knee op, he's neither good at looking after his money and also has no other form of income.

The proof will be how many games he plays for Darlington.