Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    I was under the impression he wanted a complete break from the game but clearly not. Hope it works out for him. 
  • Options
    Good luck to him
  • Options
    Spalding are my new fourth team.
  • Options
    Good luck.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    cafctom said:
    Talal said:
    I was under the impression he wanted a complete break from the game but clearly not. Hope it works out for him. 
    At the level this team are at, the sort of pressures that come with ‘professional’ football are completely non-existent.

Hardly any travel, little expectation, probably only train 1-2 times a week. 

For a player of his ability he could play at that level with his eyes closed.
    Oh yeah I get that I just thought he was one of those players that didn't enjoy football but obviously I was wrong. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I called it a while ago that he’d be playing non league within a year. We have a crap record of signing “high profile” players. We usually seem to get them too late or they just don’t work. 

The bloke still strikes me as an unbearable bell-end and probably not someone I’d want to  have a pint with, but I hope this works out for him and he finds some peace and happiness from this move. 
  • Options
    I called it a while ago that he’d be playing non league within a year. We have a crap record of signing “high profile” players. We usually seem to get them too late or they just don’t work. 

The block still strikes me as an unbearable bell-end and probably not someone I’d want to  have a pint with, but I hope this works out for him and he finds some peace and happiness from this move. 
    There's non league and there's 8th tier. That's 5 levels below where we are at the moment, and 2 levels below the likes of Dartford and Welling
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's so hard not to think he's an utter tool, second picture has his shirt tucked into his belt buckle just to show he has a designer belt..ffs
    It's not hard to not judge books by covers.

Sure he probably is a bit of a tool, but everyone is different and the blokes obviously been struggling mentally. 

Just hope he finds happiness in low pressure football and gaming to make money.
  • Options
    We know a lot about him already though and I've heard stories, don't wish him any ill harm but he does himself no favours
  • Options
    He couldn't motivate himself for £2000 a week, so can't see it happening for £500 a week...not a chance. 

Personally, I can't see him making a single appearance for them...
  • Options
    So we get a development fee??
    Sadly a player that was always likely to struggle, but we took a punt and it didn't come off. Despite dropping to 8th tier, I fear he will get a shock when he arrives as even at that level there is an expectation of commitment and professionalism. 

Hoping this gives him back a sense of well-being. 
  • Options
    He couldn't motivate himself for £2000 a week, so can't see it happening for £500 a week...not a chance. 

Not sure how much motivation the 8th tier of football takes. 

With his deliveries, he could probably walk around the pitch and still be a bloody good player at that level. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

With his deliveries, he could probably walk around the pitch and still be a bloody good player at that level. 
    Yea which is probably what he wants, yes he’s probably a bit of a narcissist but he probably can’t help that.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Still a little sad that he didn't work out here. He was a really exciting player. 
  • Options
    My hunch tells me he won’t still be there on the opening day of the season 
  • Options
    Can he sign for a league club, and play, after the window has shut? 
  • Options
    I was very happy when MM joined us,I thought Bowyer,who had some "dodgy" moments early in his career,and went performing at the top level for years,might have seen a similarity and got through to him.It was not to be,now Mm will be playing for the fun of it,and not for money,he is not to old to have the "penny drop",and who knows ,may make it back to a decent level.So many very good players just drift away,Ravell Morrison,e.g. ,very frustrating to see for those of us who would have loved the chance to play top level,but where nowhere near good enough,but who knows the pressure that top level sport demands.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Or get kicked up in the air by every lumbering centre half who thinks he's a billy big bollocks.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Chunes said:

Or get kicked up in the air by every lumbering centre half who thinks he's a billy big bollocks.
    Exactly, it's not an exhibition league