Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Options
    Came off the bench for the last half hour today as Bolton drew 0-0 against Colchester
  • Options
    Schwartz is in an even worse domestic situation
     Maddison has split up from his wife and child...Schwartz is just apart because of work.  There is a work of difference. 
    Bit easier for Maddison to see his child than for Schwartz though, plus how is it not for work? Maddison left the city of Peterborough, first for London and then for Bolton because of work, no different to what Schwartz has done. Whether it's because of work or not, doesn't make it any easier anyway. 
     What tosh...Schwarz is not separated from his wife permanently. 

Maddison is. Plus most Saturdays he isn't available,  the usual day for access.  Have you been in that position,  where everyone decides when you have access except you. If you had you wouldn't be so callous with your remarks.
    What difference does it make if it’s permanent or not? How am I being calious? I don’t have children but I have sympathy for both Maddison and Schwartz for having to spend time away from their families. I think you’ve proven yourself to be a bit thick at times but I was simply stating facts, I’ve defended Maddison on multiple occasions 
  • Options
    I worry for the lad. Hope the PFA have something in place for this type of thing.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Cloudworm said:
    I worry for the lad. Hope the PFA have something in place for this type of thing.
    I believe that the PFA support the Sporting Chance Clinic which was founded by Tony Adams and provides help to sportspeople.  Our very own Paul Mortimer is also involved with them.  https://www.sportingchanceclinic.com/team

Edited to add: Yes, according to the last annual report for the clinic the PFA provides around £400k funding per year. The FA and the Rugby Football League around another £100k each. (I was surprised that the Premier League didn't get a mention.)

• Options
    Came off the bench for the last half hour today as Bolton drew 0-0 against Colchester
    Top player then 
  • Options
    Serious question here, what is the problem with Maddison then?
  • Options
    Mental health related I'd suggest
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Mental health related I'd suggest

How have people come to that conclusion?  What has happened?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition that seemingly could be Marcus' issue.

Often wrongly called an ego problem and often not a big issue. In Marcus' case it seems like it's affecting his career and personal life massively. 
  • Options
    That’s what we used to call a flash prick weren’t it?
  • Options
    No it's a genuine mental health disorder.
  • Options
    Diagnoses aside, where are people getting the idea that MM has consistently acted flashy or arrogant or like he's better than playing for us? To me he seems like he's severely lacking in confidence and self-belief in his football, to the point where he'd rather withdraw.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's a personality trait. We all have them. We all deal with similar situations on a daily basis. Sometimes we struggle, sometimes we laugh.

It's called life.
    Called supporting Charlton, well the struggling bit
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's a personality trait. We all have them. We all deal with similar situations on a daily basis. Sometimes we struggle, sometimes we laugh.

It's called life.
     You are so sympathetic....
    @Addickted is very well placed to make his comment.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Addickted said:
    Dazzler21 said:

It's called life.
    No.

Narcissism in and of itself can be a personality trait, however narcissistic personality disorder is a recognised mental health condition.

It is. Over the years I’ve encountered a few individuals with the diagnosis.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-narcissistic-personality-disorder-2795446
  • Options
    My information is that senior players were talking the piss out of MM for a variety of things. Apparently he was ok with it at the start, but it developed quite quickly from a bit of fun to much more. Bowyers attitude at the time  was that he should be able to take it and get on with it. Seems that regardless of how he looks, he’s quite a sensitive little man. Source is solid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    masicat said:
    My information is that senior players were talking the piss out of MM for a variety of things. Apparently he was ok with it at the start, but it developed quite quickly from a bit of fun to much more. Bowyers attitude at the time  was that he should be able to take it and get on with it. Seems that regardless of how he looks, he’s quite a sensitive little man. Source is solid.
    It's only banter if both sides are in on it, if not it's bullying. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    masicat said:
    It's only banter if both sides are in on it, if bit it's bullying. 
    Banter can be insulting but is not necessarily bullying. 
    It is when the ‘banter’ is applied specifically to one individual or group that it would move to bullying.
  • Options
    Can see him being out of the game after this season
  • Options
    What a waste that would be. But looks like that’s the route his career is going. 
  • Options
    Just adding to the evidence we should release him and leave other teams to consider giving him another chance.

I think his time at Posh will prove to be his peak and he won't get back to that level.
  • Options
    What a waste that would be. But looks like that’s the route his career is going. 
    I agree. 

I don’t want to speculate on what might have gone on but its starting to look like he’ll have to start again at another club in league 2. It would be tough for anyone to find the motivation to keep going given he hasn’t done anything of note in half a season there. Especially as he clearly thinks he’s good enough to play 2 leagues above.
  • Options
    I agree. 

I don’t want to speculate on what might have gone on but its starting to look like he’ll have to start again at another club in league 2. It would be tough for anyone to find the motivation to keep going given he hasn’t done anything of note in half a season there. Especially as he clearly thinks he’s good enough to play 2 leagues above.
    The trouble is you can't keep on stealing a living because eventually you will run out of clubs to rob. I questioned why no club had come in for him in the summer especially as he had pleaded on twitter that all he wanted to do was to play football. At his last three clubs he has achieved next to nothing and It looks like the nearest thing to playing football again will be with his mates over the park.
  • Options
    I agree. 

The trouble is you can't keep on stealing a living because eventually you will run out of clubs to rob. I questioned why no club had come in for him in the summer especially as he had pleaded on twitter that all he wanted to do was to play football. At his last three clubs he has achieved next to nothing and It looks like the nearest thing to playing football again will be with his mates over the park.
    I can see him dropping into non league, possibly a return to gateshead or something. Football is clearly not his no 1 passion but something when he's concentrated on, is very good.