Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• shine166 said:
    Hes the dog bits at this level, epic signing.. just hope he don't take too long to be match fit.
    I read somewhere he's been training at Oxford? He should be fit after the international break anyway
  • What are the issues with Maddison's character? Even Bowyer's alluded to them but I haven't seen anyone actually spell out what he's done to get his reputation.
  • He looks like a twat. 
    Can we sign that other feller from Peterborough now please?
  • What are the issues with Maddison's character? Even Bowyer's alluded to them but I haven't seen anyone actually spell out what he's done to get his reputation.
    Tattoo choices. 
  • I think this has the potential to be a decent signing. Can see him playing in a free role up front, off either Bonne/Washington. Give him a bit of license to roam around and see what he can create. Gallen seems happy in that interview, so it's a yes from me.
  • edited October 2020

Just a thought from this BBC article. It states that the January discussions broke down due to 'personal terms'.

We all know that the deal could never have gone through due to the transfer embargo, but Maddison wouldn't have known about it.

I wonder what deal he was seeking then (and what Mouthall was offering) and what deal he ended up with this week!

• Just a thought from this BBC article. It states that the January discussions broke down due to 'personal terms'.

We all know that the deal could never have gone through due to the transfer embargo, but Maddison wouldn't have known about it.

I wonder what deal he was seeking then (and what Mouthall was offering) and what deal he ended up with this week!

I wonder if we could have signed him, the same way Hull did, even under the soft embargo we were under?

I don't think McGeady would have been much different in terms of total costs. 
  • That's possible if we'd have come in after a deal had collapsed for him.   But as MacAnthony explained we'd negotiated a deal then Southall tried to change it.  MacAnthony refused to re-negotiate with us.  Not quite sure how MacAnthony states a situation is always the complete assesment, but the rump of it I'd believe.

As it turned out it'd never have happened as a loan, as Hull paid a loan fee and agreed to pay a fee if they signed him permanently.  We know now full well Southall and especially Nimer had no intentions to put money into the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    Perhaps over-analysing but I always feel this type of player (Maddision) thrive of getting the crowd on the edge of their seats, and also thrive in a hostile atmosphere (similar to Taylor, Holmes etc)... so slight reservation that Maddison will be missing that element when playing in an empty stadium, something that I've seen a couple of Peterborough fans mention as a reason why he didn't exactly pull up trees for Hull during his short spell there. Hopefully Bowyer/Jackson can instil the work rate and motivation needed though.

Another very important question... is Maddison the first player with tattoos on his face, to play for Charlton? Not digging out his tattoos by the way! But can't think of any others...!
  • edited October 2020
    Important question... is Maddison the first player with tattoos on his face, to play for Charlton?

Not digging out his tattoos by the way! But can't think of any others
    Andy Delort :wink:
  • Perhaps over-analysing but I always feel this type of player (Maddision) thrive of getting the crowd on the edge of their seats, and also thrive in a hostile atmosphere (similar to Taylor, Holmes etc)... so slight reservation that Maddison will be missing that element when playing in an empty stadium, something that I've seen a couple of Peterborough fans mention as a reason why he didn't exactly pull up trees for Hull during his short spell there. Hopefully Bowyer/Jackson can instil the work rate and motivation needed though.

Another very important question... is Maddison the first player with tattoos on his face, to play for Charlton? Not digging out his tattoos by the way! But can't think of any others...!
    A fair few have left with egg on their faces.....
  • Perhaps over-analysing but I always feel this type of player (Maddision) thrive of getting the crowd on the edge of their seats, and also thrive in a hostile atmosphere (similar to Taylor, Holmes etc)... so slight reservation that Maddison will be missing that element when playing in an empty stadium, something that I've seen a couple of Peterborough fans mention as a reason why he didn't exactly pull up trees for Hull during his short spell there. Hopefully Bowyer/Jackson can instil the work rate and motivation needed though.

He didn't play after the restart did he, or is that a dig (by Peterborough fans, not you) that Hull don't have any fans, or have I totally misread what you meant? 
  • I have no ink but my kids do. I tell them to put it where it can be concealed. I don't understand why anyone would want them on their neck and face. As long as he performs the business I don't care TBH. From what I have seen on videos he is a really exciting player so welcome Marcus.
  • Christmas 2021.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Don’t think Maddison refused to play at Hull. He was available for the games until his contract expired and then Hull decided to let him go and not ask him to play the remaining games.
    I've done some research on this and it appears that Peterborough didn't offer to extend his contract with them for the additional dates and so he would have only been paid for the Hull portion of any extension, or they'd have had to pay his full salary for those dates. As he wasn't willing to accept their offers they let him go for those full 9 games. 

In addition to this Hull knew Peterborough didn't want him back and told him they also wouldn't be taking up the option to sign him permanently beyond the end of the season. 
    I thought league 1 and 2 decided not to finish their season so Peterborough would not have extended his contract for 9 games.
    Correct, so looks like he was caught between a rock and hard place in terms of salary.  Peterborough were not going to pay him for the additional games pro rata and Hull would not pick up the shortfall in wages or pay the signing fee that would be due to Peterborough, so he had no games to play.  He should not be lumped in with the others who 'refused' as it is actually the clubs that did not extend his contract (and I presume related insurance covers etc...).  He is no Taylor in that respect. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just posted on Instagram that his ankle rehab is done
  • Just posted on Instagram that his ankle rehab is done
    Does he mean done for the day, or done and no need to do anymore. 

Trust Charlton to make one of our potentially most exciting signings, and then for him to roll his ankle kicking a ball. 

From what Bows said should be back sooner rather than later. Looking forward to what he can add for is in the final third. 
  • That sounds like he is not available tonight
  • ross1 said:
    That sounds like he is not available tonight
    Yeah Bows said no chance for tonight, and probably the weekend will come a little to soon for him too
  • ross1 said:
    Yeah Bows said no chance for tonight, and probably the weekend will come a little to soon for him too
    Good idea not to rush him back for tonight, especially when we have the likes of Williams raring to go
  • Most likely means done for the day and now he’s off home to play his PS4 until 3am 
  • ross1 said:
    Good idea not to rush him back for tonight, especially when we have the likes of Williams raring to go
    Just keep him well away from our medical team otherwise we won't see him before Christmas. 
  • ross1 said:
    Just keep him well away from our medical team otherwise we won't see him before Christmas.