Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• On MM, his 2020 has been a rough ride so far. Maybe that’s exactly what he needed to bring him back down to earth. 

Added to that, I think working under Bowyer (who had issues of his own as a player) could really help him knuckle down and properly reach his full potential.
    Exactly as I see it. 
  • I'm somewhat concerned he may take JFC's place in the team.
    Someone was going to. He’s not been good enough for a while now.
    Whooooosh.
    Sorry.
  • I'm somewhat concerned he may take JFC's place in the team.
    Yea would be a shame really..

On the bench and can be cover for purrington at lb if we dont get this koiki fella 
    Sorry I was having a larf.
    Maddison will produce more in one game than JFC will in 20.

JFC was a good player at this level before his injury, he has hardly played since that. 
  • Hull weren’t too keen to resign him?
  • Shouldn't this be some sort of sticky?

I know I am!
  • Hull weren’t too keen to resign him?
    Yeah because he refused to play their last nine games bit like Taylor did to us
  • Sponsored links:

• Must mean doughty going to Celtic 
    Why? 

Doughty and Maddison can easily play in a starting 11 together. 
    Don’t think that’s a given.... I’d be absolutely gutted if that was the case. 
  • Gallen delighted to get him, under the watch of Bowyer and JJ. Under the leadership on the pitch from Pratley, Pearce and Watson. In theory, if anything was going to squash potential attitude issues, that should be it. 
    I think this was a bit of sarcasm seeing everytime we sign someone the Celtic fans pipe up with the same comment

We could sign a Goalkeeper and they'd think that it means Doughty is signing
  • Few whooshes caught by @Showmetheway2gohome

• Decent signing, hopefully the attitude is right.
    no doubt he’ll be off the pace for a while as he’s miles behind in fitness 
  • Well we've got a great midfield on paper now. Few decent defenders and couple of strikers and we might have a chance. 
  • I’ve always been a Curbs rather than a Redknapp.

Individuals can win you games but can also destroy squads. Getting the right character and blend into a squad is vital and this bloke always give the impression he’s a wrong un.  
     Curbs used to invite them to the Valley and show them videos of what we as a club was all about.

Bowyer has carried on the tradition the past few years by showing prospective signings Apocalypse Now.
    The horror.....
  • Very good signing. McGeady type player, hopefully hungrier! In Bowyer and Gallen we trust & JJ
  • This option for a second year. It could be MM has the option to extend his contract. Or it could be that CAFC have the option. Or it could be mutual. Knowing which of these is actually the one would tell us a lot more. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Good stuff.  Need bodies and players that can play coming through the door if the next part of the season is going to be anything other than dross with our threadbare squad.

Encouraging.  TS delivers again.
  • I'm glad the Ipswich match as been postponed as I think it'll be a while before Maddison is fit enough to really influence matches considering he's been sat on his biscuit since March. Hopefully we can get him into some intense training now
  • He needs a few more tats - fuck's sake and that christmas cracker jewelry kiddies watch, did "a Taylor" on Hull last season
    Let's hope he lets his feet do the talking on the pitch.  I'd be counting the teaspoons the minute he left.
    Gallen massively tempting providence in that interview "...doesn't miss many games..." oh jesus h christ.

Welcome Marcus - if Messrs Bowyer and Gallen rate you, you're good enough for me and when you want a phone number for a tattoo removalist, DM me and I'll hook you up. 

• I'm sure Bowyer had a few managers put their arm around him and give him a quiet talk, so he should know how to handle Maddison. Going by his online posts he's someone who needs a cuddle & to be told how good he is. 

If he's crap, a one year deal is fine and if not, we can offer him a better deal ASAP.