Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

++Marcus Maddison (ed. P.70 - signs for 8th tier team)++

2456773

Comments

  • Yann Kermongant

    Brilliantly talented, but professional and a team player.
    Not saying he was unprofessional but I’m sure I remember reading Yann wasn’t the best trainer?
  • Scoham said:
    Yann Kermongant

    Brilliantly talented, but professional and a team player.
    Not saying he was unprofessional but I’m sure I remember reading Yann wasn’t the best trainer?

    Wasn't it more he went home during close season and piled on a load of weight eating his favourite Breton food? Not quite the same as being an unbearable bell-end which seems to be what MM is mostly accused of being.
  • edited September 2020
    MattF said:
    Madison got a bad rap because the Peterborough chairman, annoyed at getting no fee for him slagged him off and because Southall spread rumours he didn't want to come to us because of wages/traffic and other bullshit when all along we were under an embargo.

    He has assists and goals galore at this level, our side is crying out for more quality.  He is a free agent.  

    If we could get him, we should.


    Have meant to ask this before but woas MacAnthony complicit in Southall's conning of our fanbase or just mugged off like the rest of us?  Have always liked him so hoping the latter but he is a very shrewd cookie so potentially the former?

    He claimed later that he'd just met with a friend over a coffee to discuss some possible transfers and had no idea what was going on iirc
    Didn't mouthall say they were mates & he had gone to see him to discuss buying Toney, ( :D yeah right ) MacAnthony said no but offered us Maddison ? All while being under an embargo. Scumbag
  • edited September 2020
    Absolutely would take him, our squad is crap for the most part and he's actually good at football.

    Don't get all the attitude and character stuff, let's not forget the type of person Bowyer was when he was younger, people can change. I also don't think he was that disliked at Peterborough, chairman was desperate to keep him and he was best mates with Ivan Toney, hardly the signs of a bad egg in the squad.


    When his name came up last year, every Pboro fan I saw on Twitter said the bloke was a good player but a "monumental twat", "horrific human being" etc. He even received death threats at one point. Allegedly known for spending most of his time in the shittiest clubs of P'boro chasing 16 year olds while married. So I think it's fair to say he definitely was disliked. 

    I think people might want to go back and watch the Darragh video where he explains the Maddison saga in great detail and you can see just how sick he and the manager were of the bloke. Also to remember that he never wanted to come to Charlton because he was billy big bananas. 
  • MattF said:
    Madison got a bad rap because the Peterborough chairman, annoyed at getting no fee for him slagged him off and because Southall spread rumours he didn't want to come to us because of wages/traffic and other bullshit when all along we were under an embargo.

    He has assists and goals galore at this level, our side is crying out for more quality.  He is a free agent.  

    If we could get him, we should.


    Have meant to ask this before but woas MacAnthony complicit in Southall's conning of our fanbase or just mugged off like the rest of us?  Have always liked him so hoping the latter but he is a very shrewd cookie so potentially the former?

    He claimed later that he'd just met with a friend over a coffee to discuss some possible transfers and had no idea what was going on iirc
    Didn't mouthall say they were mates & he had gone to see him to discuss buying Toney, ( :D yeah right ) MacAnthony said no but offered us Maddison ? All while being under an embargo. Scumbag
    Yeah, think MacAnthony told Mouthall straight away that we couldn't afford Toney, and that was pointless anyway because pboro wanted him loaned back for the rest of that season.

    Bet Mouthall offered to pay for the drinks then stuck them on his consultancy fees.
  • I’d take him all day long.  He was at Peterborough for 6 seasons, every year his goals and assist record was brilliant, even the season he left halfway through.

    His levels of talent are no way questionable at this level, it’s there for all to see.  His attitude and personality are not facts, they are hearsay, and even if the things we hear are true, what’s to say Bowyer and Jacko wouldn’t be able to handle it and produce another gem signing.
  • Sponsored links:


  • I’d take him all day long.  He was at Peterborough for 6 seasons, every year his goals and assist record was brilliant, even the season he left halfway through.

    His levels of talent are no way questionable at this level, it’s there for all to see.  His attitude and personality are not facts, they are hearsay, and even if the things we hear are true, what’s to say Bowyer and Jacko wouldn’t be able to handle it and produce another gem signing.
    Why do you think he’s unemployed three weeks into the season?
  • se9addick said:
    I’d take him all day long.  He was at Peterborough for 6 seasons, every year his goals and assist record was brilliant, even the season he left halfway through.

    His levels of talent are no way questionable at this level, it’s there for all to see.  His attitude and personality are not facts, they are hearsay, and even if the things we hear are true, what’s to say Bowyer and Jacko wouldn’t be able to handle it and produce another gem signing.
    Why do you think he’s unemployed three weeks into the season?
    I’ve no idea, surely you’re not suggesting every player out of contract currently has a bad attitude, I think Matthews attitude was spot on.
  • se9addick said:
    I’d take him all day long.  He was at Peterborough for 6 seasons, every year his goals and assist record was brilliant, even the season he left halfway through.

    His levels of talent are no way questionable at this level, it’s there for all to see.  His attitude and personality are not facts, they are hearsay, and even if the things we hear are true, what’s to say Bowyer and Jacko wouldn’t be able to handle it and produce another gem signing.
    Why do you think he’s unemployed three weeks into the season?
    Sorry the statements about his attitude are not all hearsay. I live in Peterborough and some are 100 percent correct. 
  • I wouldn’t read too much into why a player is unemployed right now.

    We’re in the middle of a global recession and most League One clubs are facing a potential oblivion scenario with zero income. Hardly easy for clubs to just go out and sign players at this level right now. Not every club has a chairman like Thomas Sandgaard. 
  • edited September 2020
    I’ve always been a Curbs rather than a Redknapp.

    Individuals can win you games but can also destroy squads. Getting the right character and blend into a squad is vital and this bloke always give the impression he’s a wrong un.  

    Individuals win you matches, teams win you championships.


    Seeing as you've got to win matches to win anything then its best you sign players who are going to win you matches........if that means you need to sign the odd "character" then I'm all for it or shall we just have a team full of Lapslie's and Solly's. 

    And btw......we aren't currently winning matches so something has to change  !!

    PS. Di Canio was a bit of a maverick & if Killer was player nowdays he would still be playing for Dartford. Can't imagine Killer chasing back or defending a corner.
    Killer used to chase back once in a while, and when you saw it happening, you knew someone was going to get taken out if they didn’t get rid of the ball in time. 
    Or even if they had got rid of the ball. 

    Who was the player that whacked Killer just as the final whistle went?

    I remember the buzz around the ground at the return match wondering how long it would take for Killer to extract revenge. Under 2 minutes I think.
  • redbuttle said:
    se9addick said:
    I’d take him all day long.  He was at Peterborough for 6 seasons, every year his goals and assist record was brilliant, even the season he left halfway through.

    His levels of talent are no way questionable at this level, it’s there for all to see.  His attitude and personality are not facts, they are hearsay, and even if the things we hear are true, what’s to say Bowyer and Jacko wouldn’t be able to handle it and produce another gem signing.
    Why do you think he’s unemployed three weeks into the season?
    Sorry the statements about his attitude are not all hearsay. I live in Peterborough and some are 100 percent correct. 
    I’d imagine the Peterborough fans don’t like him because he left, they wouldn’t be the first set of fickle fans.
  • Attitude dont necessarily bother me in a player, unless they refuse to play in the last vital games of the season or something, but when I followed Maddison on Insta, he did come over like a bit of a si
  • se9addick said:
    I’d take him all day long.  He was at Peterborough for 6 seasons, every year his goals and assist record was brilliant, even the season he left halfway through.

    His levels of talent are no way questionable at this level, it’s there for all to see.  His attitude and personality are not facts, they are hearsay, and even if the things we hear are true, what’s to say Bowyer and Jacko wouldn’t be able to handle it and produce another gem signing.
    Why do you think he’s unemployed three weeks into the season?
    I’ve no idea, surely you’re not suggesting every player out of contract currently has a bad attitude, I think Matthews attitude was spot on.
    I’m not at all, but we understand Matthews situation and he is strongly linked with at least one club (us), can’t see that with Maddison. 

    I was just interested because your take on him seemed wildly positive, wondered if you had some insight into what’s really going on. 
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    I’d take him all day long.  He was at Peterborough for 6 seasons, every year his goals and assist record was brilliant, even the season he left halfway through.

    His levels of talent are no way questionable at this level, it’s there for all to see.  His attitude and personality are not facts, they are hearsay, and even if the things we hear are true, what’s to say Bowyer and Jacko wouldn’t be able to handle it and produce another gem signing.
    Why do you think he’s unemployed three weeks into the season?
    I’ve no idea, surely you’re not suggesting every player out of contract currently has a bad attitude, I think Matthews attitude was spot on.
    I’m not at all, but we understand Matthews situation and he is strongly linked with at least one club (us), can’t see that with Maddison. 

    I was just interested because your take on him seemed wildly positive, wondered if you had some insight into what’s really going on. 
    Okay understood, no insight no I just think it’s the time and place the player is at, they could probably all develop attitude problems if they’re not happy, there’s always two sides to a story, I read on his wiki page comments from his boss at Gateshead and he said he arrived a selfish lad and left a team player.  
  • I was put off by the rumours back in Jan,  but not quite sure abt this bad attitude stuff. No one at Peterborough was complaining when he was smashing them in left right and centre! Maybe he had a shit time of it personally last year and just went off the boil? Didnt help with his chairman so publicly slagging him off either I guess. If bow thought he could do a job, then I'd take him on a free
  • Sponsored links:


  • edited September 2020
    I feel like a lot of players the right manager can turn around. I think someone like Maddison is just a complete wrong un.

    Someone like Tony Watt but not just a bit of a moron, a generally nasty bloke by the sounds of it. 
  • Huskaris said:
    I feel like a lot of players the right manager can turn around. I think someone like Maddison is just a complete wrong un.

    Someone like Tony Watt but not just a bit of a moron, a generally nasty bloke by the sounds of it. 
    What have you heard that makes you say a nasty bloke?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Huskaris said:
    I feel like a lot of players the right manager can turn around. I think someone like Maddison is just a complete wrong un.

    Someone like Tony Watt but not just a bit of a moron, a generally nasty bloke by the sounds of it. 
    What have you heard that makes you say a nasty bloke?
    Just everything you see about not being liked in the dressing room, the whole saga in Jan etc. Just so much about him that just seems unsettling. 

    He might be a nice bloke, but I think generally it's a case of no smoke without fire. 

    Put it this way, no one is having reservations about this bloke based on his footballing ability are they?
  • People like McAnthony must have seen through Southall within minutes of talking to him
    Not so sure - if I remember the video rightly he seemed to believe the bid was genuine etc and us in good hands with Southall.

    He wasn't to know we were under embargo and Southall was literally turning up with a bid so he could pretend he was trying to run a football club properly.
  • se9addick said:
    I’d take him all day long.  He was at Peterborough for 6 seasons, every year his goals and assist record was brilliant, even the season he left halfway through.

    His levels of talent are no way questionable at this level, it’s there for all to see.  His attitude and personality are not facts, they are hearsay, and even if the things we hear are true, what’s to say Bowyer and Jacko wouldn’t be able to handle it and produce another gem signing.
    Why do you think he’s unemployed three weeks into the season?
    The salary cap must be a consideration. Why is rob Elliot unemployed? If we sign the other right back over Matthews, will Matthews have anything else lined up. There will be lots of unemployed players due to the salary cap and I hope they get together and challenge the legality of it if it prevents them from earning
  • Far too many tattoos. So no thanks. :wink:
  • Chunes said:
    Absolutely would take him, our squad is crap for the most part and he's actually good at football.

    Don't get all the attitude and character stuff, let's not forget the type of person Bowyer was when he was younger, people can change. I also don't think he was that disliked at Peterborough, chairman was desperate to keep him and he was best mates with Ivan Toney, hardly the signs of a bad egg in the squad.


    When his name came up last year, every Pboro fan I saw on Twitter said the bloke was a good player but a "monumental twat", "horrific human being" etc. He even received death threats at one point. Allegedly known for spending most of his time in the shittiest clubs of P'boro chasing 16 year olds while married. So I think it's fair to say he definitely was disliked. 

    I think people might want to go back and watch the Darragh video where he explains the Maddison saga in great detail and you can see just how sick he and the manager were of the bloke. Also to remember that he never wanted to come to Charlton because he was billy big bananas. 
    Every person on twitter right now says Lyle Taylor is Judas. Be honest, if he wasn't our player and done what he did to another club, would any of us care if he started scoring and sent us up if we signed him instead? Footballers are knobs, the knob to non knob ratio is outstanding. Typically the ones who are nice aren't very good. What he does outside of football is none of anyone's business, as long as he gets the result and he isn't commiting genuine crimes I'm not bothered

    Peterboroughs chairman 'dmac' also can't be taken seriously anymore. Bloke made out to us Southall was a top bloke, I'm not sure if he has gone back on that since but he's either a liar or a gullible idiot. 

    Willing to turn our noses up at a player who gets 20 goals/assists a season all because he's a bit of a deviant allegedly, blimey 
  • People like McAnthony must have seen through Southall within minutes of talking to him
    Not so sure - if I remember the video rightly he seemed to believe the bid was genuine etc and us in good hands with Southall.

    He wasn't to know we were under embargo and Southall was literally turning up with a bid so he could pretend he was trying to run a football club properly.
    Yeah, I think he may have thought the bid was genuine, just that Southall werent and a bit of a Billy Bullshit
  • People like McAnthony must have seen through Southall within minutes of talking to him
    Not so sure - if I remember the video rightly he seemed to believe the bid was genuine etc and us in good hands with Southall.

    He wasn't to know we were under embargo and Southall was literally turning up with a bid so he could pretend he was trying to run a football club properly.

    I'm sorry, McAnthony definately knew that we were under an embargo.
  • se9addick said:
    I’d take him all day long.  He was at Peterborough for 6 seasons, every year his goals and assist record was brilliant, even the season he left halfway through.

    His levels of talent are no way questionable at this level, it’s there for all to see.  His attitude and personality are not facts, they are hearsay, and even if the things we hear are true, what’s to say Bowyer and Jacko wouldn’t be able to handle it and produce another gem signing.
    Why do you think he’s unemployed three weeks into the season?
    The salary cap must be a consideration. Why is rob Elliot unemployed? If we sign the other right back over Matthews, will Matthews have anything else lined up. There will be lots of unemployed players due to the salary cap and I hope they get together and challenge the legality of it if it prevents them from earning
    Sure i read something that the salary cap might be challenged as some form of restraint of trade.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out Forever!