Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dylan Levitt - Sold by Man U to Dundee United (p14)

Comments

• Options
    Meh.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I thought he was a strange signing at the time when in the one in one out embargo. Like Matt Smith he is a good player just not what we need. 

I felt at the time that we needed a central defender as a bigger priority. In that regard nothing has changed.

I suspect Albie's improved form and Shinnie signing made it difficult for Dylan to make an impact. 
    Unlike Smith, Levitt showed there's a player in there. Smith is one of the worst players I've seen wear the shirt. 
  • Options
    What a massive flop he was. Countless failed forward passes in the very few games he did play. I’ll be surprised if he manages to make it in league football.
  • Options
    Meh
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Richard J said:
    I thought he was a strange signing at the time when in the one in one out embargo. Like Matt Smith he is a good player just not what we need. 

I felt at the time that we needed a central defender as a bigger priority. In that regard nothing has changed.

I suspect Albie's improved form and Shinnie signing made it difficult for Dylan to make an impact. 
    Unlike Smith, Levitt showed there's a player in there. Smith is one of the worst players I've seen wear the shirt. 
    Smith played for what, an hour? When we were a joke of club being run by crooks! 

I don’t think we saw enough of smith to judge him, let alone call him one of the worst players you’ve seen.
    Taking PL youngsters is a gamble  

There must be a player in Smith for him to be at Man City and to be capped by Wales. 

Is it a coincidence that all of our successful loans tend to be from the Southern clubs? Is it better when they are close to their parent clubs? 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Talal said:
    Richard J said:

Smith played for what, an hour? When we were a joke of club being run by crooks! 

I don’t think we saw enough of smith to judge him, let alone call him one of the worst players you’ve seen.
    Not sure what being run by crooks has to do with an individual's performance, look at Gallagher.
    I respectfully disagree, he was shite. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Richard J said:

Not sure what being run by crooks has to do with an individual's performance, look at Gallagher.
    Surely the behind the scenes issues affects the squad, Gallagher had gone by then. Smith didn’t look a world beater after 60 minutes, agreed, but I don’t think it’s fair to call him shite based on a few sub appearances. you of course are entitled to your view. If you can pick a bad one that quickly, If I ever need to sign up to tinder, I’m giving you my login and you can do my swiping 😜
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Richard J said:

Surely the behind the scenes issues affects the squad, Gallagher had gone by then. Smith didn’t look a world beater after 60 minutes, agreed, but I don’t think it’s fair to call him shite based on a few sub appearances. you of course are entitled to your view. If you can pick a bad one that quickly, If I ever need to sign up to tinder, I’m giving you my login and you can do my swiping 😜
    Well if anything the place should've felt more positive when Smith signed as the crooks hadn't been found out at that point. I just remember him looking like a fan that been given the chance to play, it was quite funny in a way. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Richard J said:

Well if anything the place should've felt more positive when Smith signed as the crooks hadn't been found out at that point. I just remember him looking like a fan that been given the chance to play, it was quite funny in a way. 
    As fans we hadn’t found out, I’d imagine it was different behind the scenes. 
  • Options
    Matt Smith's first loan last season at QPR is pretty similar to Levitt's loan with us, so hopefully if Levitt goes elsewhere he has more luck than Smith did when he came to us
  • Options
    Struggling to decide between Levitt and Davide Petrucci as to who had the bigger impact.

Man Utd loanees don't seem to work for us. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Talal said:
    Richard J said:

Taking PL youngsters is a gamble  

There must be a player in Smith for him to be at Man City and to be capped by Wales. 

Is it a coincidence that all of our successful loans tend to be from the Southern clubs? Is it better when they are close to their parent clubs? 
    Kids of the largest teams are often just over hyped.  Abdul Razak was the next big thing, highly thought of by Man City when he joined us on loan.  At age 28 he has played c 86 games in his career, no more than 21 for any one team and is kicking around in the Swedish leagues.
  • Options
    Struggling to decide between Levitt and Davide Petrucci as to who had the bigger impact.

And Jonathan Spector
  • Options

Payback for us giving them Ralph Milne. 
  • Options
    he won't be missed
  • Options

Payback for us giving them Ralph Milne. 
    He actually went to Bristol City straight from us and Joe Jordan got him playing semi-well again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

And Jonathan Spector
    Spector wasn't that bad was he? Seem to remember him being played at left back a lot when he was better in the centre/right.
    He was a bit hit and miss if I remember rightly. Had some outstanding performances but could also be a liability.  
  • Options
    Talal said:

And Jonathan Spector
    Spector wasn't that bad was he? Seem to remember him being played at left back a lot when he was better in the centre/right.
    He was a bit hit and miss if I remember rightly. Had some outstanding performances but could also be a liability.  
    Didn't he score a hat trick for West Ham or maybe Birmingham?
  • Options
    Don't think we can judge smith of levitt tbf. Neither were the type of player like galla who would come and get stuck in from the get go which is what we need. 
    They would develop at a top half champs team who play and already have someone to do the running dirty work
  • Options
    Is he going back straight away ?

Ironically Pratley's suspension / Watson's injury might mean he might get some minutes in the next few days . With Fanewo and Shinnie injured we don't have to worry about the five loanee policy at the moment .
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Is he going back straight away ?

Ironically Pratley's suspension / Watson's injury might mean he might get some minutes in the next few days . With Fanewo and Shinnie injured we don't have to worry about the five loanee policy at the moment .
    Yes I was thinking that as well, with Watson in particular being out for 2 to 3 weeks at a guess, it would be tempting to keep him for a couple of weeks
  • Options
    I hope he stays. Ideally he'll get a run out on Friday and can show us what he's about. It sounds like he's struggled a bit with the latent effects of Covid which can't be nice when your job is running about all day. If Pratley and Watson are out for 3 games or more then he can potentially have a little run in the side and get some consistency going
  • Options
    Yeah I reckon he'd have gone back today but for Watson doing his hammy. As it is there have hopefully been some changes of plan 
  • Options
    Happy to see him in the Watson "role". 

• Options
    I cant see Watson and Pratley being out changing much myself 

Man Utd want him playing regularly and were looking to recall him to send him elsewhere, the longer we keep him the less likely they are to re loan him back out.

So if we have had discussions with them, I doubt they would have said yeah u can keep him for 3 weeks whilst Watson is out, then send him back leaving us a week to find him a new club, more likely they have said if you want to keep him he needs to be playing more regularly for the rest of the season not just in this spell when Watson is out, and if we agree to that then suddenly come February dont play him again we could find ourselves not getting anymore loans from United