Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dylan Levitt - Sold by Man U to Dundee United (p14)

Comments

• Options
    They are completely incomparable players though. Maddison should be playing behind the strikers and Levitt in front of the back 4. There's a case for playing both him and Watson there if we want to be more solid, with Maatsen and Matthews given license to bomb on and Shinnie plus someone else (JFC or Maddison) linking midfield to attack.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    welcome kyle from road trip
    Haha I thought that too. First meal with his new teammates:

Garth !!
  • Options
    He'll go back, probably best for all parties. 
  • Options
    He looked as lost as I've seen anyone in a Charlton shirt.
    Hope it works out for him
  • Options
    But sure, just as lost as Lepoint
  • Options
    With there being apparent tension behind the scenes and Bowyer's conservative approach to games right now, a raw young playmaker type is really not going to prosper.

Maybe he will go on to greatness, maybe he won't but right here, right now is not the place or time for him. Going back to United and getting a fresh start, maybe another loan, probably suits all parties best.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I think Bowyer wants another tough tackling yet creative player... 

Morgan is closer to that than Levitt so far. However neither are ideal for the role.
  • Options
    It just goes to show how difficult it is to get right the signing of a young loan player - flog one to death in a struggling side and he will be sent to another club (like Gallagher), have one injured like Leko and he will go back for treatment and don't use one like Levitt and he is sure to be recalled
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No surprise here, hope we replace him with a centre back or winger.

• Options
    his biggest contribution to the squad is covid! 
  • Options
    I’m gonna miss him
  • Options
    Can't see us getting another loan from Man U anytime soon!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Is George Best a reliable source? 
    Laughed alot harder than I should at this. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Yeah I felt wrong for even typing it... then I remembered I booked my ticket for hell a long time ago
  • Options
    Dylan Levitt can't be doing much in training so it's a No from me and he should go back to Manchester and have a loan nearer to home where he is picked every week.
    Bolton or Oldham.
  • Options
    Bye Dylan. One of those who won’t live long in the memory I’m afraid. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Think there might eventually be a good player in there but we need someone more fully formed and tested right now. Not necessarily a bad player but the wrong player at the wrong time as it stands.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I will miss him for one thing. When Washington and Williams were away on international duty he was too so games were postponed.  Levitt to stay!
    Gunter
  • Options
    No doubt he will go on to have a decent career but as someone said, a young lad out on loan few hrs from home, he wouldn't of been able to see his parents, friends etc.. Due to covid.

Maybe it was thought he could do well with the Welsh contingent we have, but they have all their families and are settled in London. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Man of the match in his first game.

Played in a midfield of Oztumer and Vennings in his second.

Played in a torrential storm on a non-football pitch in his third, with the ball flying over his head, and still had the highest pass rate on the pitch.

Doesn't deserve to be derided the way he has. Best of luck Dylan. 
     Looked like a little boy lost away at Northampton.
     It clearly wasn't a good fit for whatever reason.
    We move on.
  • Options
    0% chance of this guy making it at United. Maybe thats harsh. 1%.
  • Options
    Bonkers that he (and Matt Smith for that matter) are in the full Welsh squad anyway, as neither are ready. Crazy that he has more full caps than U21 caps, as you should be a Rooney or a Giggs to be in the full national team that early, someone who's already broken through at the highest level of club football
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    From a personal perspective, a young lad coming down to London during a lockdown isn’t going to be easy for him

Very good point.

Personally have never seen him play for Charlton as I was at football matches in the lower Leagues earlier in the season, so l let Lee Bowyer make the decision (very decent of you Sam !)