Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dylan Levitt - Sold by Man U to Dundee United (p14)

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Chunes said:
    I really like the look of Levitt. Proper footballer. 

Who was the last youngster Man Utd loaned us, Spector? I guess Bowyer's ability to develop young players has been noted.
    Davide Petrucci I think? Italian CM that had a very brief spell in 2014
    Davide petrucci?? Don't remember him at all. 
    Exactly!
  • Welcome son, don't worry, we will look after you, and Swansea will send you back as a man

• Must be decent to be at Utd in the first place, and Giggs clearly rates him. Not a bad endorsement! Looking forward to seeing him in action. COYA
  • Now for a proper Road Trip!
  • Really like the look of him. Not sure we’ve had any very good passers of the ball in midfield in the five years I’ve been a regular. I can see why they’ve signed him while they had a chance. Could be an assist machine. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Really like the look of him. Not sure we’ve had any very good passers of the ball in midfield in the five years I’ve been a regular. I can see why they’ve signed him while they had a chance. Could be an assist machine. 
    You didn’t rate Morgan then?
  • Morgan is an excellent passer and should be a class act in a few years . I think Levitt has a bit more to his game at the moment and should start ahead of Albie .
  • I agree YTS modern football for you . We all love our home grown players , but it's all about winning games and I think LB sees DL ahead of Albie in getting him results .
  • Sponsored links:

• Going to need a squad so they’ll both get plenty of games!  If he does well and we get promoted may be a chance of keeping him another season too! 
  • Looks to play a deeper role that Gallagher from the film.
  • YTS1978 said:
    Morgan is an excellent passer and should be a class act in a few years . I think Levitt has a bit more to his game at the moment and should start ahead of Albie .
    Modern football....you have a young lad of your own who has been decent when given a chance. Then you get a bloke in on loan from a big club who has less experience to potentially play ahead of him. I have no idea if DL is any good or not, I hope he's mustard btw and good luck to him, but this just gets my goat a little. If he's good he'll be moved in Jan and definitely wont be ours beyond next may. Our boys are good enough and should be given the chance to show it. Morgan should get the 1st crack at it, let DL wait for his chance
    Get what you're saying but Morgan signed a new contract so he's obviously happy here. The better competition in the squad the more it should push him to improve and I'm sure he'll get plenty of chances this season. Always worth bringing in loan signings if they add the sort of quality you can't sign permanently, as we saw with Cullen, Bielik and Gallagher.
  • Redrobo said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Really like the look of him. Not sure we’ve had any very good passers of the ball in midfield in the five years I’ve been a regular. I can see why they’ve signed him while they had a chance. Could be an assist machine. 
    Well DL hasn’t played for us yet, so don’t know for sure, but I’d guess he’ll turn out to be better than Morgan. Morgan’s decent, but looked a bit average in the Championship. But has time to improve, for sure. 
  • YTS1978 said:
    Morgan is an excellent passer and should be a class act in a few years . I think Levitt has a bit more to his game at the moment and should start ahead of Albie .
    Modern football....you have a young lad of your own who has been decent when given a chance. Then you get a bloke in on loan from a big club who has less experience to potentially play ahead of him. I have no idea if DL is any good or not, I hope he's mustard btw and good luck to him, but this just gets my goat a little. If he's good he'll be moved in Jan and definitely wont be ours beyond next may. Our boys are good enough and should be given the chance to show it. Morgan should get the 1st crack at it, let DL wait for his chance
    I agree to an extent, but we have to make the best of what we have, whether our own, or loanees.  I’d trust Bowyer to select on merit, and I certainly trust his judgement over mine. 
  • @Garrymanilow that might have been me who said that last season tbf! You can tell that I'm a morgan fan lol

Am more than happy we've signed Dylan and I really hope hes a success. He must be decent to be at Utd in the 1st place, as I mentioned a few posts back.

Just commenting on the clamour for him to walk straight into the side ahead of Albie. Personally I'd give morgan a chance, but obvs Bow will know better than me from training every day.

The squad is so thin, they should both get plenty of games though. COYA
  • YTS1978 said:
    @Garrymanilow that might have been me who said that last season tbf! You can tell that I'm a morgan fan lol

Am more than happy we've signed Dylan and I really hope hes a success. He must be decent to be at Utd in the 1st place, as I mentioned a few posts back.

Just commenting on the clamour for him to walk straight into the side ahead of Albie. Personally I'd give morgan a chance, but obvs Bow will know better than me from training every day.

The squad is so thin, they should both get plenty of games though. COYA
    It wasn't you I had this conversation with last time, though I'm sure you said it too. I get it, I want our players to come through rather than just developing loans and we don't know if Levitt is any good, but Bowyer must see something in him that he doesn't see in Morgan, most likely that he just doesn't trust Morgan. He's obviously got no such issue with Doughty. I think Morgan just frustrates him in not listening to instructions and letting men run
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there not a way that our midfield could just be Morgan - Levitt - Gilbey, with Williams ahead of them? 
  • Leuth said:
    Is there not a way that our midfield could just be Morgan - Levitt - Gilbey, with Williams ahead of them? 
    Yeah in a diamond midfield - but that means you drop Doughty, or play him LB
  • Play him at LB, Levitt drops back into the back three when he's bombing on
  •  I have no problem with 2 young players fighting for the position, it will bring out the best in them. I will have a problem if this means albie doesnt play at all. I also dont know where gilbey fits in, i hope we have gilbey/williams and albie/levitt playing every week. In Bowyer we trust. 
  • -------------Amos
    Matthews - *NEW* - Pearce - Dougherty
    -------------Pratley
    -------Levitt--------Gilbey
    -------------Williams
    --------Bonne  -- Washington

• Pratley won't be in midfield much this season, hopefully. And what about Oshilaja? 
  • Leuth said:
    Pratley won't be in midfield much this season, hopefully. And what about Oshilaja? 

Good enough for the bench, but dont particularly rate him
  • Dylan Levitt

Fergal Sharkey

Have we signed the wrong one?
    A good pass these days is hard to find
    I made the joke and you steal all my thunder!😾

Listened to the album that track was on and it’s quite good, I used to have it in fact. Always liked his voice.

Perhaps we could suggest ‘You little Thief’ as Matt Southalls signature tune.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Redrobo said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Well DL hasn’t played for us yet, so don’t know for sure, but I’d guess he’ll turn out to be better than Morgan. Morgan’s decent, but looked a bit average in the Championship. But has time to improve, for sure. 
    He may, but I was challenging your comment that we had not had any good passes of a ball in midfield in the last five years. I chose Morgan as he is a youngster with faults, but to my mind he is a great passer of the ball.
  • edited September 2020
    Redrobo said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Redrobo said:
    JamesSeed said:
    He may, but I was challenging your comment that we had not had any good passes of a ball in midfield in the last five years. I chose Morgan as he is a youngster with faults, but to my mind he is a great passer of the ball.
    And mine, and Bowyer's and many other fans. 
    “Technically he’s one of the best players we have here, his range of passing, his vision, technically he’s unreal”
    Seems we all see it. I certainly would agree he struggled a bit in the Championship at times, but at other times he was very decent. Constant training with Bowyer will sort his fault of not tracking back enough and post lock down, he impressed at times on that... Morgan will still make mistakes, but I'd rather we had him playing than a young loanee playing who so far in many videos of the lad I also haven't seen track back to put in a tackle and has played similar passes to Morgan. 

Of course if Gallagher were able to rejoin, that changes things, but lets wait to judge Levitt on how he is for us be that positive or negative spin...

Just a reminder Bow thought Smith would be an upgrade on Morgan and yet Morgan still played ahead of Smith.