Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

He’s Only Gone and Done It Tel - Thomas Sandgaard- Charlton Athletic OWNER :-)

Comments

• MrWalker said:
    I wonder why he doesn't buy FC Frederica or another Danish League 1 team and propel them to Europa Cup as a learning exercise first?

Otherwise he seems like an ideal owner, free of sleaze, dodgy funding and associates from the sewers. 

I imagine with the hurry he is in, that the next two weeks will be crucial. 

What car does he drive? 
    Must not say the obvious......
  • Posted this in the other thread but thought I'd chuck it in here too.

• edited August 2020
    I did have a think about this last night as I could not sleep, exciting as this sounds, it’s all probably likely to go south in a week, so even with a lack of sleep, let’s all dream.
  • _MrDick said:
    Scoham said:
    Rommedalh, Simonsen, Makienok... has everyone forgotten Claus Jensen and Stephan Andersen?
    Not to mention Vigo Jacobsen and Johnny Ostergaaaaaard
    Don't  mention Jacobsen or Ostergaard. I am sure they 'played' in a 6-0 defeat at Wrexham plus other farces before someone realised they could not play football !!!!!
    Arrh! I was there and had forgotten that.

Thanks for the memories, now where is the number for my shrink. 
  • edited August 2020
    Runs a medical devices company. 

Medical services have been sought after in recent months. I think it's likely he's made a lot of money during this pandemic and has decided to have a flutter on a football club.

Not a serious buyer, will pull out once he realises he is losing money every quarter. 

I'm not confident about this... 
  • _MrDick said:
    Scoham said:
    Rommedalh, Simonsen, Makienok... has everyone forgotten Claus Jensen and Stephan Andersen?
    Not to mention Vigo Jacobsen and Johnny Ostergaaaaaard
    Don't  mention Jacobsen or Ostergaard. I am sure they 'played' in a 6-0 defeat at Wrexham plus other farces before someone realised they could not play football !!!!!
    But Ostergaard was a good ice hockey player so that’s alright 
  • What exactly is a Rockstar CEO ? 
    Had one when I worked for Sony. He was the top bloke in the whole building, but would turn up on a long skateboard and 3/4 length jeans on and a chain hanging out his pocket
  • cafc-west said:
    I seem to remember a long standing following of Charlton by Scandinavians.  Back in the days of Rommedahl and Jenson there were regularly quite big groups of Scandinavians in the old Crossbars (not sure if Danish) maybe, just maybe, he was in one of those groups or followed from afar.  Also superfan Bjorn Borg (I know he’s a Swede) could be an influence.
    We also had a Norwegian opera singer!
  • Sponsored links:

• If Sandgaard has been looking to buy the club for some time, do you think that could be the reason LB, JJ and SG are holding on? Just asking
  • May have missed this, but how do we know that account is at all genuine?  Feels like a wind up more than anything. 
  • May have missed this, but how do we know that account is at all genuine?  Feels like a wind up more than anything. 
    If it wasn’t genuine I’m sure the “real” Sandgaard would have come forward by now. 
    Cawley has said it's genuine which is good enough for me. Whether that translates to a genuine bid does remain to be seen though.
  • edited August 2020
    May have missed this, but how do we know that account is at all genuine?  Feels like a wind up more than anything. 
    It is definitely him. He's confirmed it to Louis Mendez, and I emailed him on his Zynex work account and he sent the reply I posted earlier.
  • What exactly is a Rockstar CEO ? 
    Had one when I worked for Sony. He was the top bloke in the whole building, but would turn up on a long skateboard and 3/4 length jeans on and a chain hanging out his pocket
    Thought it meant he is or was the CEO of gaming company Rock Star. 
  • edited August 2020
    May have missed this, but how do we know that account is at all genuine?  Feels like a wind up more than anything. 
    It’s 100% him. 

Yeah, you missed his latest tweet:
  • If his interest isn’t genuine, he’s really set himself up for some significant trolling on Twitter. I’m half expecting him to buy ESI quite quickly but having trouble with you know who 
  • Scoham said:
    What exactly is a Rockstar CEO ? 

Fark me, that's him!
  • Sponsored links:

• He has probably had a dozen clubs contacting him asking if he would buy them
    It is definitely him. He's confirmed it to Louis Mendez, and I emailed him on his Zynex work account and he sent the reply I posted earlier.
    Perfect, cheers, missed that, had only seen Twitter.
  • In the opening quote from Cawley, this is the bit that intrigues me the most “ And now Sandgaard, who wealth is pegged at around $500m” what does pegged at $500 mean? Anyone got an idea? Not an expression I have come across before.
  • Always liked the Danes especially since I went on holiday with my parents in 86, I was 10 and the people struck me as very similar to us, more so than most of our neighbours, but just a bit more open.  It was only a few months after the 86 World Cup and the country was still hyper about football, everywhere we went it was "We are red we are white, we are Danish dynamite".  Could work well for us that.

Michael Laudrup was one of my earliest footballing heroes as well, no idea why.  Plus as a 10 year old Legoland was great.  So for me it is a yes, even though he is probably a conman.
  • Scoham said:

Blokes got a sense of humour as well. He'll be needing that!
  • edited August 2020
    He replied to my LinkedIn message which was about Simonsen. I don't screenshot private messages without the other person's permission.  

I have now educated him about Jacobsen and Oostergaard also. 
  • In the opening quote from Cawley, this is the bit that intrigues me the most “ And now Sandgaard, who wealth is pegged at around $500m” what does pegged at $500 mean? Anyone got an idea? Not an expression I have come across before.

Think it's a way of saying that it's an estimate or rough number not an exact figure.
  • edited August 2020
    Scoham said:

Blokes got a sense of humour as well. He'll be needing that!

Whether this works out or not, I did laugh when someone asked him if he could play valley Floyd road yet on his guitar.