Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alex Gilbey - Re-signed for MK Dons (p37)

Comments

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    17 year old fishing for bites on Twitter, fair play he's got so many riled
    Was he tho.

I hate that term fishing for bites.

No he made a nob head comment and has covered it by saying he was fishing for bites.

5 years ago he would just have been a knob now he is 'fishing for bites' 
  • Options
    That’s internet culture for you.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Scoham said:

Nixon said the EFL are letting them sign.
    He was asked how come and he said you can draw your own conclusions.
  • Options
    Alan Nixon the football psychic.
  • Options
    Honestly if we sign Alex Gibson I just can't see how we will be excluded from the league.. 

EFL will not approve it if that's the case surely. 

What on earth is going on. 
    Who is Alex Gibson
  • Options
    Honestly if we sign Alex Gibson I just can't see how we will be excluded from the league.. 

EFL will not approve it if that's the case surely. 

What on earth is going on. 
    Who is Alex Gibson
    Best not to advertise ignorance. 🤭
  • Options
    Who to believe?

Local sports journo who gets a fair bit of info right or no substance Nicko. Tough one.

Interesting sign off from Crawley though, Nixon hasn't had a bad word to say about the Farnell/ Elliot ESI duo. 
  • Options
    I'll believe it when it's on the official site. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LTKapal said:
    They seem to think we're paying 1 mil for him, not a chance in hell are we allowed to  pay anything over what? 200k
    Sorry if I'm repeating stuff but just trying to cut through all the crap being spouted on here. Just checked Wiki and he signed a 3 year deal with MK Don's in Aug 2017 so he is now out of contract. No fee needed. Wages can replace ones "lost" by players leaving.

HTH.
  • Options
    EFL: Don't make a fuss about Sheff Wed and we will drop the embargo.

Please note, I know eff all.
    I said this at the weekend. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
  • Options
    With these signings, the EFL will find us guilty of breaking the embargo

And deduct 12 points in 2026/27
    Great way to start the Premier League Campaign 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    They seem to think we're paying 1 mil for him, not a chance in hell are we allowed to  pay anything over what? 200k
    Sorry if I'm repeating stuff but just trying to cut through all the crap being spouted on here. Just checked Wiki and he signed a 3 year deal with MK Don's in Aug 2017 so he is now out of contract. No fee needed. Wages can replace ones "lost" by players leaving.

HTH.
    Not meant as crap mate sorry if it comes across that way 😊
    I've seen it banded around nobody is sure whether he is or isn't contracted in a few places, or if he has a 1 year contract extension clause etc I just meant theoretically, if he were under contract still in a worst case scenario I couldn't imagine us using our wages to offer more than a 200k fee I'd think Gallen would be more shrewd with the wages we do have available from the players who have left. 
  • Options
    Ooops.......just seen this. 

I reckon he is on a free & he either was going to sign a new contract & didnt (due to Covid putting a kybosh on the resumption to League 1) or there is a clause that he could leave.

No way are we paying a fee for him.
  • Options
    Ooops.......just seen this. 

I reckon he is on a free & he either was going to sign a new contract & didnt (due to Covid putting a kybosh on the resumption to League 1) or there is a clause that he could leave.

No way are we paying a fee for him.
    Rich Cawley confirmed a fee is involved 

• Options
    Looks a glassy centre mid 
    Reminds me of Bielik 
  • Options
    Should do well with the new restrictions next season as must be used to playing in a stadium which is always 20% full. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Has our favourite Uncle Roly taken pity on us?

He knows he's royally shafted us ..... and now sees the opportunity to lend ESI the money needed to sign these players. At 50% interest pa.

No flies on Uncle Roly. :wink:

Wouldn't surprise me if that is how the wages are being paid (as I've said previously) Money being lent to the football club at sky high interest rates no doubt agreed with Farrell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alex "The Shadow" Gilbey..... weren't he in Only Fools and Horses??
  • Options
    Oh sorry, that was Lennox 

• Options
    It's certainly a very confusing time to be a Charlton fan. This Gilbey signing looks like exactly the kind of deal you would want to get over the line, seeing as he was player of the year for a L1 side. We'd be happy with that in the Championship. I wouldn't be massively surprised though if money was being offered and deals being worked out by an ownership that can't actually sign players though; let's not forget that Southall carried out a whole performance of signing Maddison despite knowing full well it wasn't going to happen. It could also be that in order to deflect some fan anger they're chucking the entirety of our saved budget at one eye-catching signing. Get the fans off their backs and then don't actually invest in a full squad. Or it could be that these owners are just legit and we've been wrong this whole time. It's very Charlton that that third one's the least likely of all these possible realities.
    Yep. Thats what i keep thinking. All that bullshit super duper phone in January transfer window is all that i keep thinking about- i aint falling for it again.
    Cant even understand how people are getting excited about signing a few crap players when our future is still a massive uncertainty...unless im missing something?
  • Options
    LTKapal said:

HTH.
      Scoham found an MkDons tweet from May where Gilbey confirms he signed a new contract in 18/19 and is presently under contract.  One presumes that was in answer to whether he was staying for restart or new season.
  • Options
    Alex "The Shadow" Gilbey..... weren't he in Only Fools and Horses??
    Coronation street ... he ran the Rovers 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    It's certainly a very confusing time to be a Charlton fan. This Gilbey signing looks like exactly the kind of deal you would want to get over the line, seeing as he was player of the year for a L1 side. We'd be happy with that in the Championship. I wouldn't be massively surprised though if money was being offered and deals being worked out by an ownership that can't actually sign players though; let's not forget that Southall carried out a whole performance of signing Maddison despite knowing full well it wasn't going to happen. It could also be that in order to deflect some fan anger they're chucking the entirety of our saved budget at one eye-catching signing. Get the fans off their backs and then don't actually invest in a full squad. Or it could be that these owners are just legit and we've been wrong this whole time. It's very Charlton that that third one's the least likely of all these possible realities.
    Just a thought but might that have actually been possible as the cost would have been covered by not having to pay Leko and Gallagher's wages?

haven't checked the timings so could be rubbish......
  • Options
    Just a thought but might that have actually been possible as the cost would have been covered by not having to pay Leko and Gallagher's wages?

My understanding of the registration embargo was that we were allowed to replace players who left with players of equivalent cost, hence all our signings being loans replacing loans and Bowyer saying we were reliant on favours, presumably to fit within that wage structure. The talk around Maddison was of a £2m+ fee permanent signing, which was not possible for us. It was all bullshit
  • Options
    I can’t help but think he looks like a more physically imposing version of Albie. https://youtu.be/70oasBH9LD8
    Aggghhhh that music reminds me of someone!
  • Options

My understanding of the registration embargo was that we were allowed to replace players who left with players of equivalent cost, hence all our signings being loans replacing loans and Bowyer saying we were reliant on favours, presumably to fit within that wage structure. The talk around Maddison was of a £2m+ fee permanent signing, which was not possible for us. It was all bullshit
    Would love to know who exactly knew the embargo was in place at that time. Was it just Southall (and Amis)? Or did Nimer, Gallen and Bowyer also know, but kept quiet because Southall convinced them it was better to keep it to themselves (spun them another lie in other words)? 
  • Options
    The midfield could be pretty strong for League One next season anyway.