Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alex Gilbey - Re-signed for MK Dons (p37)

Comments

• ButtleJR said:
    Alan Nixon seems to be indicating on twitter that the EFL are allowing us to sign players? Hmm
    Yes we can sign players

Provided we dont go above the budget we were on prior to the embargo
    Thanks for the clarification.
  • ButtleJR said:
    Alan Nixon seems to be indicating on twitter that the EFL are allowing us to sign players? Hmm
    Yes we can sign players

how many times does this have to be repeated, it's getting boring now.
  • Didn't he use to run The Rovers Return?
  • ButtleJR said:
    Yes we can sign players

how many times does this have to be repeated, it's getting boring now.
    was referring to the above, hope I haven't caused you too much stress. 
  • Paying a fee too. Surely you can’t pay a fee I’m you’re under an embargo?
  • edited August 2020
    Paying a fee too. Surely you can’t pay a fee I’m you’re under an embargo?
    Probably comes under the embargo

So that fee would come from the wages that we'd been paying Taylor for example

If Taylor earnt £50,000 in a year then that money can be used to pay the fee - We can then use the wages Solly was on to give to Gilbey as a Contract
  • Sponsored links:

• Decent player in league 1, I thought he looked good when he was at Wigan and was surprised when they sold him. We could do a lot worse. 
  • They seem to think we're paying 1 mil for him, not a chance in hell are we allowed to  pay anything over what? 200k
  • chev said:
    The conclusion we'll draw is that Nixon doesn't know what our embargo means.

The very fact that players like Taylor, Hemed, Matthews, Page plus the loans like Field and Cullen are no longer here will mean we have a pretty decent wage allocation in order to make signings, assuming the 'owners' agree.
    Yeah exactly and that wage budget can be split into transfer budget too if needed. so we could have 100-200k sitting there depending on what wages have been made free from departing players etc.
  • DRAddick said:
    LTKapal said:
    They seem to think we're paying 1 mil for him, not a chance in hell are we allowed to  pay anything over what? 200k
    Whatever the fee, if any, I'd advise the club's to demand full payment upfront. 
    Shhhhh dont tell them
  • DRAddick said:
    LTKapal said:
    They seem to think we're paying 1 mil for him, not a chance in hell are we allowed to  pay anything over what? 200k
    Whatever the wages as a player I'd want to know my future is secure

Bit of a silly risky move from Gilbey and Washington to sign for us (especially with them both under contract elsewhere) when our ownership is so questionable
  • IF we are signing players for cash (or even on the never never) there must be a lot of good going on behind the scenes at CAFC that us hoi polloi are not privy to .. else why would players be interested in coming here and probably more important, why would their agents let it happen ?
    AND, who is still paying the bills when there is zero income ?
  • Sponsored links:

• George Lapslie follows him on Twitter, done deal.
    Good link. Reckon he knows the Lapslies well since he started his career at Colchester.
  • DRAddick said:
    LTKapal said:
    Whatever the wages as a player I'd want to know my future is secure

Bit of a silly risky move from Gilbey and Washington to sign for us (especially with them both under contract elsewhere) when our ownership is so questionable
    Think they're both on options to be free signings. 

Although a quick Google tells me I am wrong. Think we have to assume Hearts are either selling Washington cheap or he had a release clause. 

as for Gilbey he has less than a month left on his contract. 
  • Good news by the sounds of it. Don't remember him, but player of the season is a decent sign. We need some athleticism in midfield, so hope he’s that type. 
  • Seems Gilbey is under contract, so like Washington we might be paying some sort of fee.

• IF we are signing players for cash (or even on the never never) there must be a lot of good going on behind the scenes at CAFC that us hoi polloi are not privy to .. else why would players be interested in coming here and probably more important, why would their agents let it happen ?
    AND, who is still paying the bills when there is zero income ?
    I doubt players are worried who is paying the bills and as it stands there has not been an occasion where players have not been paid. When it comes to administration they are football creditors and top of the list to be paid out plus the PFA would step in and help them out. I certainly wouldn't take it as a sign that 'there must be a lot of good things going on behind the scenes'. Start thinking like that and you'll be sucked in again to believing Elliott and Farnell are lovely chaps, love Charlton and all is good with the world.

At a minimum to keep Bowyer they must have agreed to at least assemble a squad capable of competing in League One. Whether we can remains to be seen.
  • Nice to see MK Don fans rating him, what sort of midfielder is he? Defensive/attacking /box to box? 
  • Nice to see MK Don fans rating him, what sort of midfielder is he? Defensive/attacking /box to box? 
    Box to box who can score a goal. Just the sort of player we need.
  • This doesn’t seem like the kind of tweet an out of contract player would post... feels like he expected to be back at MK next season.