Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alex Gilbey - Re-signed for MK Dons (p37)

Comments

• Options
    Hope everyone listens to this. So many insights.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    That's why I like transparency because when you say nothing; speculation occurs.

In the entertainment business, when you pay good money you want to know why *Michael Ball isn't appearing in a West end Musical and a stand in takes over. At least the generic category; no need to say his farmer Giles are playing him up !

Gilbey realised there is no shame in saying you have Covid plus it's good to know the reasons why a talented League 1and possible championship player was underperforming because of the Achilles issue and in the Plymouth away and other games late on his showed what an all action player he can be and goal scorer which is so important this season as super Sub Chuks has gone.

*Other west end artists are available for this analogy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Sounds a good geezer. I think he'll get great support from the fans following such honesty. 
    Agreed. Similar to Naby Sarr to me. Huge respect for his turn around. Personally, happy to admit would have let him go alongside Bogle in January. 

Classic example of supporters do not know what is going on behind the scenes
  • Options
    I suspect he’s going to be class this year. We saw glimpses of his quality at the back end of last season but Adkins obviously rates him and now he sounds like he’s ready to shine. 
  • Options
    Need him back pretty fucking sharpish.

Him and Arter in the midfield will improve us immensely. 
  • Options
    Yep. We have ubdoubtly missed Gilbey & JFC in the middle of the park this season.
  • Options
    Good time to be out of the side atm. Reputation enhanced by not playing ! 
  • Options
    Brilliant jenky run for the goal, with a bit of finesse at the end. He’s all action. He won the ball in our half by chasing back before busting in the box and scoring.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Having seen Scott Fraser three times now I'd have Gilbey every day of the week in the squad.

Fraser had one good moment against us with Milton Keynes last season - His two other games, he firstly got nullified by Darren Pratley - and then in the one game where he matched up against Gilbey (tonight), he spent the majority of his evening on the grass.

Great person on Social Media too
  • Options
    Well that was rather a good performance..👍
  • Options
    Absolute top drawer!
  • Options
    Having seen Scott Fraser three times now I'd have Gilbey every day of the week in the squad.

Fraser had one good moment against us with Milton Keynes last season - His two other games, he firstly got nullified by Darren Pratley - and then in the one game where he matched up against Gilbey (tonight), he spent the majority of his evening on the grass.

Great person on Social Media too
    I don't think you can argue with Fraser's record last season though, great return. Gilbey is never going to get anywhere those numbers but I'd definitely agree he's a better all round CM. Fraser more like Elliott Lee for me who I'm very happy with but let's be honest, we'd have all been absolutely delighted had we signed Fraser in the summer. 
  • Options
    Was that his first goal in front of the Covered End?

Either way, my new favourite. What a player.
    He got one at that end against Crewe late last season, but tonight was his first goal in front of the Covered End with fans in.

An absolute Rolls-Royce of a player. Love him.
  • Options
    A midfield powerhouse. Highly impressed. 

I was going to say that him and Lee just need to add some goals both to their game, and our scorelines.
  • Options
    Finally seeing the player we thought we were getting. More to come from him too, imo, because he's still a bit hit and miss at times. Really deserved his goal tonight. Covers the ground as well as any player I can recall playing for us, has an elegance and efficiency of running that reminds me of Thierry Henry. Forgive me the obviously mental hyperbole - I'm only comparing running styles, not pace or talent, although Gilbey is deceptively quick, especially when running with the ball.
    Gilbs is also deceptively skilfull on the ball.

Some really tight control, range of short and long passing, quick feet and change of pace.
    His vision and awareness second to none.

And he can tackle too.

Proper engine room player. Does the grunt work. Makes thing happen. 
    When some people were busy slagging him off last season, I'd post a different perspective. I'm his number 1 fan. :smile:

• Options
    Three lungs
  • Options
    Great performance from Gilbs. Really like him.