Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Done OK at L1 level

The first transfer rumour linking us with a player this summer?
  • edited August 2020
    Once looked like a decent player but hasn't had a good season in a while. Looks like injuries slowed him down last season, which would explain why he's on our radar. We need strikers though and he's had a couple of decent enough L1 seasons so great.
  • Is he in the same style as Taylor to replace? 
  • About as good as we could hope for under the circumstances. Should be okay in League One.
  • Sponsored links:

• Replacement for Hemed? Was on the rise before his injury. Would welcome him. 

Remember we can only sign frees or loans that balance the books on outgoing players. 
  • We are under a transfer embargo ! 
    Not quite. The nature of the embargo we are under means we're able to replace players we lose on similar terms. Hence in January, when we lost Gallagher/Leko/Kayal, we were able to bring in Davis/Smith/McGeady/Green.
    Not if he's free and on a wage similar to Lyle
    Or Hemed.

Or Cullen*.

Or Field*.

Or Davis*.

Or Matthews.

Or Solly. 

Or Page.

Or Amos. 

Or Sarr.

Or McGeady*.

Or Green*.

Or No actually I think that's all those that have left/not renewed due to contracts ending so far.
  • Is he in the same style as Taylor to replace? 
    Yes, he’ll refuse to play the last nine games.
    Nope just knob heads like Lyle and Chris would do that. 
  • I don't like to be underwhelmed by signings - particularly in the current climate, as literally any player would strengthen our squad depth - but on the face of it, Washington does not seem technically proficient enough. Then again, I'm judging against the football I saw this season, which is a much better standard than League One.

He is one of the most one-footed footballers I have seen, judging by this video, with the exception of the penultimate goal (I think it's the only time he used his left foot!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxI1QxMqdt4

He has an instinct for movement in the box, and doesn't mind running at defenders, but a lack of game time in the last couple of seasons is a bit of a concern. I don't know how fit he is at the moment and I don't know how interested he is in the game. But in Bowyer and Gallen I trust, if this move is on the cards. I think the rumour has legs: we're a pretty specific club for the Daily Record to link him with given they're a Scottish paper.
  • a non prolific 'striker' .. 243 game in EFL and Scotland, 48 goals((:<)
  • Sponsored links:

• some very nice finishes in that video (even the one with his left)

looks a solid unit and decent enough in front of goal.

it's the level we are shopping at now
  • PaddyP17 said:
    We are under a transfer embargo ! 
    Not quite. The nature of the embargo we are under means we're able to replace players we lose on similar terms. Hence in January, when we lost Gallagher/Leko/Kayal, we were able to bring in Davis/Smith/McGeady/Green.
    In the Championship that's a massive restriction. In L1, especially when clubs everywhere are cutting their budgets, that's not much of an issue really, seeing that we'd probably be cutting our budget anyway
  • Washington reminds me of the "David Mooney" type of striker we've previously had at this level, will do a job but won't exactly strike terror into opposition sides...
  • Doesn’t see himself as a Scottish 2nd tier player but will happily play in League 1.

• Feels very odd in our circumstances to be taking "high earning" players off another club

Will we be after Mesut Ozil next  :D
  • Looks like he'll do a good job for us in league 1. Him coming in will at least give us options up top. Can't just rely on Bonne and Davison