Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Washington - now at Derby (p26)

Comments

• Options
    Late to this thread so may have already been said by others...My Norn Irish husband reckons he's far worse than Josh Magennis.  :open_mouth:

You never know, he could be a revelation as an Addick, though.
  • Options
    With Cullen not with us and Lockyer not with us at the moment it will probably means we will not be able to call the game(s) off during international week
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    With Cullen not with us and Lockyer not with us at the moment it will probably means we will not be able to call the game(s) off during international week
    Lockyer is with us at the moment though, plus we've got Jonny Williams who was also getting appearances for Wales
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Lockyer is with us at the moment though, plus we've got Jonny Williams who was also getting appearances for Wales
    Let us hope Lockyer stays, especially with the news about Pearce
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    What about Macauley Bonne, wasn't he due to play for Zimbabwe before he was ruled out medically?
  • Options
    MattF said:
    ross1 said:
    What about Macauley Bonne, wasn't he due to play for Zimbabwe before he was ruled out medically?
    Cant see that they've got any fixtures lined up to be honest
  • Options
    Any chance of a youngster being called up, say Doughty?
  • Options
    Ah great...last thing we need is an International player really isn't it!?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Matthews if he signs
  • Options
    Matthews if he signs
    Hasnt played for Wales for two years now
  • Options
    Matthews if he signs
    If he has not played a game before the internationals, unlikely to be picked
  • Options
    Matthews if he signs
    But he looked very good at championship level last season. I know Wales have some decent fullbacks but surely not enough to at least consider him 
  • Options
    Starts tonight for Northern Ireland
  • Options
    Getting good reviews from the commentators for his style of play
  • Options
    We even got a mention
  • Options
    Got 65 minutes, a decent runout
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reminds me of Steve Jones. Good to get goal in debut
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Interesting to see what he says about playing style. He wants to run into the channels and get in behind defences, he said with Hearts being the third biggest Scottish club he didn’t get the space to do that, teams would sit deep against them in numbers.

A hard working striker with pace is definitely a Bowyer type of striker. Wonder if this means going back to a midfield diamond with two of Washington, Bonne and Aneke able to drift out wide, as Taylor and Grant did so effectively in League 1.
    If he'd done well and Rangers or Celtic wanted him would he have said no thanks because clubs only ever sit deep and defend against you? 

Does he think clubs in league one will come to the Valley and attack us? I think it's a fair bet that most will sit deeper, especially with them not wanting to get caught out by Doughty on the wing.
  • Options
    This guy!

We have given plaudits up and down the field and now I'm going to open commentry on him, as even in match threads he seems not to be mentioned.

He does some stuff with the ball, but Christ he must be the fittest man in the squad! he is always up and helping back at break neck speed min 1 -90.
    Wasn't it a really good Washington pass that picked out Smyth on the wing, to flight a super cross on to Aneke's head for our second, at Pompey yesterday?
  • Options
    Proper Charlton player, wont just wander around up top waiting for the ball to come to him but did a lot of tracking back at times helping out the full-backs yesterday

Its everyone chipping in that'll see us in and around the top six this season
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    This guy!

We have given plaudits up and down the field and now I'm going to open commentry on him, as even in match threads he seems not to be mentioned.

He does some stuff with the ball, but Christ he must be the fittest man in the squad! he is always up and helping back at break neck speed min 1 -90.
    Wasn't it a really good Washington pass that picked out Smyth on the wing, to flight a super cross on to Aneke's head for our second, at Pompey yesterday?
    Bit much to say it was a "really good pass", got his head up well though and played it at the right time. Agree with objective, thought he worked incredibly hard yesterday, remember seeing him at LB a couple of times. 
  • Options
    This guy!

:heart:
    He is a very hard working player... For me if he can get some assists going he's a good replacement for Lyle even if not like for like.