Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Washington - now at Derby (p26)

Comments

• welcome Conor and all the very best during your career with CAFC
  • Dazzler21 said:
    He's a big strong looking lad isn't he?

We looking to bully sides with Aneke and Washington?
    With Morgan and Williams in midfield? I doubt it! 
  • Redrobo said:
    Chris Günter is a free agent after leaving Reading. 31 now, but a very good attacking right back that has played all his career in either the Premiership or the Championship. Vast experience.
    Great shout.
    He and getting Matthews back would be good additions 
  • My wife made jam tarts yesterday. I knew it was an omen.
    Rhyming slang ?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Morgan happily sticks a foot on players when needed. He'll thrive in a dirty league like league 1.
  • QPR mate just text me...

"Conor Washington... Oh dear"

Going to back Gallen and Bowyer on this, reasonable stats in L1 and suspect he will be decent at this level with limited ability to step up if we are promoted.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Morgan happily sticks a foot on players when needed. He'll thrive in a dirty league like league 1.
    Hmm don’t agree at all. Lightweight and don’t think it’s his league. Talented on the ball though and he’ll work on other sides to his game I’m sure. 

Going to back Gallen and Bowyer on this, reasonable stats in L1 and suspect he will be decent at this level with limited ability to step up if we are promoted.
    He's fine for L1, that's all we can really think about. Only a 2 year contract anyway

What were his views on hemed? If it was positive, the oh dear comment can be discarded 
  • Jac_52 said:
    Loving the creepy background pose from Bowyer in these signings as well, its like they're both in the pub!!

Conor: 'Ere Olly, that weird bloke in the blue shirt, is he still watching us? - Jeez whats his problem

Imagine the look Dave Jones would be giving over his shoulder...actually Washington is too old. 

Of course as we know the allegations against jones were dismissed (he wasn't found not guilty) but that picture looks very creepy doesn't it ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Hmm don’t agree at all. Lightweight and don’t think it’s his league. Talented on the ball though and he’ll work on other sides to his game I’m sure. 
    Let's see how he gets on this season.

He sorted his fitness massively during lockdown and came back tracking better, still prone to losing his man, but he's more a CAM than a CM.

I believe in him and his ability.
  • Got to be better than Hened, surely?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Let's see how he gets on this season.

He sorted his fitness massively during lockdown and came back tracking better, still prone to losing his man, but he's more a CAM than a CM.

I believe in him and his ability.
    I obviously hope your right mate. If he plays CAM fair enough but I see him more as a CM and I think he’s better suited to the Champ than League 1. I still think we’ll see him improve and have a decent season. 
  • Got to be better than Hened, surely?
    Has he got two feet? 
  • Football is so weird, I bought into the hype and excitement of signing Kayal and Hemed.

Hemed had all the attributes , mean moody look with Chiseled features and bags of experience.

But with Conor my expectations are extremely low.

Maybes it’s just the fact i dont know his game, is he a link the play up kind of guy, a provider for others type of guy an out and out goal scorer or potentially another Rob Hulse?
  • Football is so weird, I bought into the hype and excitement of signing Kayal and Hemed.

Hemed had all the attributes , mean moody look with Chiseled features and bags of experience.

But with Conor my expectations are extremely low.

Maybes it’s just the fact i dont know his game, is he a link the play up kind of guy, a provider for others type of guy an out and out goal scorer or potentially another Rob Hulse?
    Judging by his stats, he's definitely not an out and out goalscorer. Sounds like he's quick, hard-working and will stretch defences but might not get that many goals. 
  • edited August 2020

Interesting to see what he says about playing style. He wants to run into the channels and get in behind defences, he said with Hearts being the third biggest Scottish club he didn’t get the space to do that, teams would sit deep against them in numbers.

A hard working striker with pace is definitely a Bowyer type of striker. Wonder if this means going back to a midfield diamond with two of Washington, Bonne and Aneke able to drift out wide, as Taylor and Grant did so effectively in League 1.

What were his views on hemed? If it was positive, the oh dear comment can be discarded 
    Hemed he said was an immobile lump past his best.

Matt Smith he said ran around but totally ineffectual and looked like a kid.
  • Sponsored links:

Hmm, that sums up Hemed and Smith pretty well!
  • Scoham said:

Interesting to see what he says about playing style. He wants to run into the channels and get in behind defences, he said with Hearts being the third biggest Scottish club he didn’t get the space to do that, teams would sit deep against them in numbers.

A hard working striker with pace is definitely a Bowyer type of striker. Wonder if this means going back to a midfield diamond with two of Washington, Bonne and Aneke able to drift out wide, as Taylor and Grant did so effectively in League 1.
    Nice how he's the type of player who isnt happy just sitting around earning and not playing

Hmm, that sums up Hemed and Smith pretty well!
    I suppose QPR wanted Washington to be a 20 goal Champ striker, we want him to do that in League 1 with hopefully a strong team behind him.

I’m not expecting him to be as good as Taylor, but it’s a league he’s scored a decent amount in before.
  • Very articulate bloke.
  • Doesn't sound Irish to me. 
    And?
  • Born in Chatham, probably a Virginian.

Dean Kiely?
  • Been called up by Northern Ireland for their Nations League fixtures against Romania and Norway

Means he'll miss the League Cup game against Swindon Town

Also means he'll likely miss the other games we have on international weekends as dont see us getting two other players called up by Nations to get games called off