Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Promising so far regardless... Not once have we dipped into the Free Transfer market yet either

Although there isnt a massive rush to sign that type of player (Unless there really is a decent one available) as we'll be able to bring those players in after the window closes
  • Promising so far regardless... Not once have we dipped into the Free Transfer market yet either

Although there isnt a massive rush to sign that type of player (Unless there really is a decent one available) as we'll be able to bring those players in after the window closes
    A few decent ones knocking about who may go for a League One club once it gets later if no Championship clubs have come in for them.

• Dizzle said:
    do we still have Brendan Sarpong-Wiredu? Not sure if he is a right back or a midfielder but I seem to recall him playing right back in a friendly last year and scoring a couple of goals 
    Yes he’s still on the books. He was on loan at Colchester last season. For me he’s our starting RB all season 
    He won't be. As we are allowed to sign players, we'll bring in at least 1 RB
    Better than Dijksteel in my opinion. Similarly, a midfielder who can play in defence. I can't see us signing anyone better than him. Youth is going to be absolutely monumental this season
  • Dizzle said:
    do we still have Brendan Sarpong-Wiredu? Not sure if he is a right back or a midfielder but I seem to recall him playing right back in a friendly last year and scoring a couple of goals 
    Yes he’s still on the books. He was on loan at Colchester last season. For me he’s our starting RB all season 
    Better than Dijksteel in my opinion. Similarly, a midfielder who can play in defence. I can't see us signing anyone better than him. Youth is going to be absolutely monumental this season
    Why won’t we sign better than Wiredu? He didn’t play much for Colchester while on loan last season. There will be plenty of out of contract players and loanees available.

Agree on youth playing a big part, they always do.
  • luke1 said:
    According to Nixon, we only have permission to sign 2 players.  We asked for 4.
    At this point i'd believe anything Nixon says even less than i would another statement from Chris Parkes.
  • Dizzle said:
    Haven't seen anywhere near enough of Sarpong to suggest he is better than Dijksteel, definitely feel that's wishful thinking. Dijksteel had a great second half of the season in our promotion team which led to his move. 
  •    Currently this is our first team squad:

Phillips/Amos/ AMB

Wiredu  Oshilaja   Pearce    Doughty/Purrington

Pratley

Morgan/JFC     Gilbey/Lapslie

Williams/Oztumer

Bonne/Davison     Aneke/Washington

I make us a RB, two CBs and a defensive midfielder short for cover in every position before we need to delve into the academy. Also if others leave they will obv need to be replaced.

Weirdly we are probably closer to a full squad this time around than the last time we headed into a League one season and we all know how that ended!

Hoping Lockyer and Sarr decide to stay but I cant see it. Maybe a couple of options as wingers if bows wants to play wider.

• A RB that sat on Colchester’s bench better than one that we sold for 1m + (I think) and is currently a championship player

That’s not the smartest thing I’ve ever heard.
  • Field, Leko, a right back, Sarr to re-sign and another CB and we'll look ok. Doughty, Bonne and Phillips out the door however won't help matters. Without a clean cut takeover and the embargo fully lifted it'll be a struggle
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd be happy with a RB, 2xCB, CM and Striker. Deji could be 3rd choice CB and the cover at RB. Pratley, Gilbey, JFC and Williams is a strong midfield, I'd like to see an out and out defensive midfield full of running to come in. Definitely need another striker too. But we will sign a few on loan so I think the squad is shaping up ok. If Phillips goes I'd still get a freebie in to cover Amos as would be huge pressure on AMB if Amos was ruled out for 2/3 months
  • We never got anyone to replace Bielik last term.
  • Dizzle said:
    Haven't seen anywhere near enough of Sarpong to suggest he is better than Dijksteel, definitely feel that's wishful thinking. Dijksteel had a great second half of the season in our promotion team which led to his move. 
    I’m talking relative to their ages. I’ve watched quite a bit of the u23’s and Wiradu has a higher ceiling than Dijksteel (IMO).

They’re similar in the sense of athleticism - but Dijksteel is a better defender and Wiradu is a better technical player. Dijksteel was a great defender but was pretty blunt going forward. 

Wiradu is solid defensively but bombing forward is where you’re going to see him thrive. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t break into the team this year
  • Redrobo said:
    Chris Günter is a free agent after leaving Reading. 31 now, but a very good attacking right back that has played all his career in either the Premiership or the Championship. Vast experience.
    Would welcome him.
  • Gunter is still the Right-Back for Wales isnt he?

If so its worth remembering that he gets ahead of Adam Matthews in that area...
  • edited August 2020
       Currently this is our first team squad:

Phillips/Amos/ AMB

Wiredu  Oshilaja   Pearce    Doughty/Purrington

Pratley

Morgan/JFC     Gilbey/Lapslie

Williams/Oztumer

Bonne/Davison     Aneke/Washington

I make us a RB, two CBs and a defensive midfielder short for cover in every position before we need to delve into the academy. Also if others leave they will obv need to be replaced.

Weirdly we are probably closer to a full squad this time around than the last time we headed into a League one season and we all know how that ended!

Hoping Lockyer and Sarr decide to stay but I cant see it. Maybe a couple of options as wingers if bows wants to play wider.
    How I see it:
    🔧Utility Player
    👋Activated release clause, but not left yet.
    💸Likely to be sold
    ✒️ Recently signed/renewed

GK
    Phillips💸
    Amos ✒️
    Maynard Brewer

RB
    Wiredu
    Oshilaja🔧

RCB 
    Lockyer 👋

LCB
    Pearce

LB
    Purrington

CDM
    Pratley🔧
    Lapslie🔧

LM
    Doughty 🔧💸

CM 
    Morgan✒️
    F.Caskey✒️
    Gilbey✒️

CAM
    Williams✒️
    Oztumer

FW
    Bonne 💸
    Davison✒️
    Washington
    Aneke

I think we're short of

1x RB
    1x RCB
    1x LCB
    1x LB

1x RM
    1x LM
    1x CM

I think 2 perms and 5 loans will be how we fill those roles if we do start next season.

• I don't think it's likely we'll sell many, I think covid and the lack of crowds will mean clubs are cautious spending money. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    A RB that sat on Colchester’s bench better than one that we sold for 1m + (I think) and is currently a championship player

He’s a CM, not a RB.

Alfie Doughty was sat on Bromley’s bench last season, that means absolutely nothing. 

It was 2m I believe, and he can hardly get a kick. Their academy product Djed Spence is already a better player and keeps him out of the team.
    But you want to play him RB? So surely we should judge him in that position. 

For every Doughty, there is a Taylor Maloney or a Toby Stevenson where it doesn’t quite click. 

I’m not writing Wiredu off, I’m just saying it’s hard to claim he’s better when he’s been sparsely tested at any decent standard. 
  • Anyone else watched SSN today. Just did a round up of rumours and then...Lyle Taylor is still a free agent plugged at the end. I think his agent is trying really hard to get him that big move. I have a feeling he’s been mugged off....shame. 
  • Anyone else watched SSN today. Just did a round up of rumours and then...Lyle Taylor is still a free agent plugged at the end. I think his agent is trying really hard to get him that big move. I have a feeling he’s been mugged off....shame. 
    Ben Ransom has tweeted tonight saying he's talking to Nottingham Forest
  • Laddick01 said:
    A RB that sat on Colchester’s bench better than one that we sold for 1m + (I think) and is currently a championship player

He’s a CM, not a RB.

Alfie Doughty was sat on Bromley’s bench last season, that means absolutely nothing. 

It was 2m I believe, and he can hardly get a kick. Their academy product Djed Spence is already a better player and keeps him out of the team.
    But your calling for him to be our first choice RB? 
    I thought he would end up at Norwich. Either way I don’t think it is the super move he thought it was going to be. Whatever the pundits say, character of a player is a huge part of what scouts look for in a player, and how players gel in a dressing room.
    Deserting you’re team mates in the hour of need is not good.
    Forest have a French manager I think. Nuff said. It is probably them.
  • Im surprised there hasnt been anything more with regards to the Karlan Grant transfer
    They can’t be the big money move team and once in a lifetime opportunity. That club must off pulled out. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Anyone else watched SSN today. Just did a round up of rumours and then...Lyle Taylor is still a free agent plugged at the end. I think his agent is trying really hard to get him that big move. I have a feeling he’s been mugged off....shame. 
    I thought he would end up at Norwich. Either way I don’t think it is the super move he thought it was going to be. Whatever the pundits say, character of a player is a huge part of what scouts look for in a player, and how players gel in a dressing room.
    Deserting you’re team mates in the hour of need is not good.
    Forest have a French manager I think. Nuff said. It is probably them.
    Norwich seem to have adopted the Brentford model for signings. Made 9 signings for next season, all of them aged 22 or under. Not sure they need Taylor unless they sell a couple of strikers.
  • Laddick01 said:

He’s a CM, not a RB.

But your calling for him to be our first choice RB? 
    I’m not calling for him to be our RB - I’m saying in a season where we are under a transfer embargo, likely losing key players and at risk of expulsion from the league, it would be a decent option. 

I’d much rather Matthews, Solly or Dijksteel - but as we don’t have that option I think he’s worth a shot