Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Is it one out, one in or is it a case that we had 7 players earning x and can replace them with 20 if we don’t exceed x?
    Yes.
    x is the ceiling. We can spend up to that.
    👍🏻 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    To be fair, it is a farce. A ban should be a ban.

Nothing in. Nothing out unless out of contract. That would be the one way of concentrating minds.
    True but I'm glad it's not. Otherwise Marshall would be No2 keeper, Bowyer would be filling in at RB and Jackson would be playing just off Bonne. 
    ...but our owners may have departed. I really don’t see why the EFL should let us build a squad until the ownership question has been resolved. A ban should be a ban.
    We are under a ban because our owners have not passed the fit and proper farce. God knows how they managed that when you look at the shit that has. To force the situation they impose this ban that has had little to no effect so far. It will be a year up in December. It is a joke.
    Not quite as funny as Sheffield Wednesday, but a joke nonetheless.
  • Options
    I’m wondering if any fees paid are being covered by a fee being received.
  • Options
    Surely someone at the club thought to clear it first with the EFL before trying to sign someone
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    shuffs67 said:
    Surely someone at the club thought to clear it first with the EFL before trying to sign someone
    Signing this weekend, set to make their debut in 2024.
  • Options
    shuffs67 said:
    Probably did last week when they met to discuss the non-appearance of the documents required to pass the fit &proper tests. As well as agreeing not to appeal the Sheff Wed decision as long as ESI v2 gets the Green light.
  • Options
    shuffs67 said:
    EFL will approve the deals just after the transfer window shuts.
  • Options
    So one minute we're being told we can't even offer new contracts to Matthews and Sarr and now we're signing players from other clubs? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cawley was correct, even if today didn't exactly progress how many might have hoped...
  • Options
    Getting my boots out would be a pointless exercise, I can not sign.
  • Options
    Not even worth talking about any incoming transfers until this mess is sorted. 
  • Options
    I'm wondering what Gilbey & Washington are thinking now. Is that it for them 2...?? 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Best thing that can happen is we go into admin, get brought by PV and AB. 

We start on - 12

We use players we've got under contract and the youth setup, and pray we can accumulate enough points to stay up. Some useful additions in January may help us towards that goal. 

If not we rebuild the entire club in league 2.
  • Options

We start on - 12

We use players we've got under contract and the youth setup, and pray we can accumulate enough points to stay up. Some useful additions in January may help us towards that goal. 

No, best thing that happens is this lot fuck off as they have been told to do by the EFL. Varney and Barclay then sweep in giving us around 3 weeks to sort out a squad to challenge for promotion. With Bowyer, Gallen and Jacko at the helm I genuinely believe that’s possible. 
  • Options
    Sage said:

We start on - 12

No, best thing that happens is this lot fuck off as they have been told to do by the EFL. Varney and Barclay then sweep in giving us around 3 weeks to sort out a squad to challenge for promotion. With Bowyer, Gallen and Jacko at the helm I genuinely believe that’s possible. 
    In theory yes by the time that happened, 3 weeks until the season starts. Another 3-4 weeks on top until the window closes. We would be in a similar position to what we were when we won promotion, a slow start and hope that we would pick up as the season went along.

In the very best case scenario, we get rid of ESI and Roland, Varney and Barclay comes in, supports Bowyer and the squad, and we have enough to just sneak a play-off spot come the end of the season.
    With Barclay in charge we'd have money to spend and no embargo, and given that almost all of league one hasn't played for 6 months and has had little/no income, i'm sure we'd then be amongst the favourites for promotion.

As long as ESI haven't decimated the squad to recoup money before then. 
  • Options
    Absolutely nothing behind it but I'd like to see us try and get Oliver Skipp on loan from Spurs. They've said he's free to go on loan but not sure he'd drop down to L1...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couple of players that are solid League 1 signings -
    RB - Barry Fuller ex Gills would do a good job 
    Mid - George Thorne - just released from Oxford ex Derby 
    STR - Clarke - Harris from Bristol Rovers
    STR - Will Grigg from Sunderland 
  • Options
    Has that striker from Blackpool we were linked with in January signed anywhere?
  • Options
    Barry fuller is an ackworth type suggestion. In the last two years he has been released by Wimbledon and Gillingham. Maybe we should try and get Lloyd Sam back?

clarke Harris and grigg would cost around £2m each. Soft embargo money won’t go that far.

we will have 5 loans again this season.
  • Options
    George Thorne wouldnt have been bad a few years ago but the bloke is a bit like Lewis Page when it comes to injuries

Had so much potential @ Derby and West Brom but just couldnt stay fit
  • Options
    luke1 said:
    Heard a rumour we were talking to Callum Brittain, MK dons RB.  Out of contract. 
    When we were after Gilbey initially I saw an MK Dons fan moaning that we were stealing Gilbey and Brittain
  • Options
    Barry fuller is an ackworth type suggestion. In the last two years he has been released by Wimbledon and Gillingham. Maybe we should try and get Lloyd Sam back?

clarke Harris and grigg would cost around £2m each. Soft embargo money won’t go that far.

we will have 5 loans again this season.
    Fuller is ex-CAFC
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    A hint from Cawley?

Can Lee Bowyer hook another big one today?

• Options
    Will be Washington. Hoping we also announce Sarr to stay on for another couple of years (on a bit of a pay cut) and then a couple of loanees in early doors (Leko and Field again would be ideal)
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    A hint from Cawley?

Can Lee Bowyer hook another big one today?

Mark Fish is a bit old to be playing League One level surely?

Unless we're going to give Sonny Pike a chance