Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Are these threads all total bullshit - considering we are under a transfer embargo?

I have assumed nobody will be coming in 
    Can we sign players on a free transfer or we're not able to sign anyone at all?

I know we can do loans, as we signed Green, McGeady, Davis and Smith in January. 
    I would hope that we can still sign free agents especially as we won't then notice any difference to the usual transfer window.
  • edited July 2020
    Yeah, Ivan Toney to us for six million.  Three small problems:

1.  We don't have a pot to piss in

2.  We are under a transfer embargo

3.  Why on Earth would Toney want to come to our weak little club?

We don't need Ooohah's percentages to know the chances of this happening are so minuscule as to be invisible.
  • Are these threads all total bullshit - considering we are under a transfer embargo?

I know we can do loans, as we signed Green, McGeady, Davis and Smith in January. 

Green was done before the embargo. The others were allowed, with agreement from the EFL, because they were within the agreed budget and replacing the loans of those we lost (Gallagher, Leko, Kayal) without increasing the costs.

I believe that even free transfer signings would have to be agreed with the EFL whilst we are still under an embargo and would probably be okay as long as they don't increase the wage bill.   

Green was done before the embargo. The others were allowed, with agreement from the EFL, because they were within the agreed budget and replacing the loans of those we lost (Gallagher, Leko, Kayal) without increasing the costs.

I believe that even free transfer signings would have to be agreed with the EFL whilst we are still under an embargo and would probably be okay as long as they don't increase the wage bill.   

Well if they don't let us sign anyone we'll have a squad of about 12 next season so they're going to have to let us make signings.

Well if they don't let us sign anyone we'll have a squad of about 12 next season so they're going to have to let us make signings.
    If they don't, it be a Bolton type situation playing kids week in week out. 

Can't see the EFL allowing us to to register new players unless all director and finance checks are properly satisfied. 
  • I believe the embargo stops us from signing anyone, however I'm pretty sure with special consideration we can backfill any position that leaves with a free transfer or loan, but it cannot go outside of the salary level we had been paying previously
  • If we’re going to be stopped from signing players then they really need to resolve the outstanding issues with the ownership before the window opens. No good finding out on deadline day that all of a sudden it’s okay to sign players again!
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    I believe the embargo stops us from signing anyone, however I'm pretty sure with special consideration we can backfill any position that leaves with a free transfer or loan, but it cannot go outside of the salary level we had been paying previously
    agree, what I said above.
  • YAY League 1 players again next season chaps!
  • Essentially we can sign a right back on a free on the same wage Solly was on, likewise Taylors replacement, any other players that don't sign a new deal once the season has concluded, and loans (which because we maxed out loans this year we'll be able to do so again, though how much a % of Green, Davis and Cullens' wages we were actually paying remains to be seen)
  • Sponsored links:

• yep, we will be able to replace players with other players as long as it doesn't exceed the agreed budget.
  • edited July 2020
    sam3110 said:
    Essentially we can sign a right back on a free on the same wage Solly was on, likewise Taylors replacement, any other players that don't sign a new deal once the season has concluded, and loans (which because we maxed out loans this year we'll be able to do so again, though how much a % of Green, Davis and Cullens' wages we were actually paying remains to be seen)
    2 signings we should be looking to make if West brom go up and don't sell them, are Field and Leko on loan again.
  • Pete O'Rourke (used to work for Sky I think) saying were set to sign Alex Gilbey from MK Dons?

• Lyle Taylor - Conor Washington
    Josh Cullen - Alex Gilbey
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Lyle Taylor - Conor Washington
    Josh Cullen - Alex Gilbey
    Or if I frame it like this:

Tomer Hemed - Conor Washington
    Matt Smith - Alex Gilbey

Free/Budget upgrades!
  • I wish someone would explain what this current embargo non embargo actually means in terms what is our budget?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I wish someone would explain what this current embargo non embargo actually means in terms what is our budget?
    Whatever it was before the embargo. 

I believe we can take whatever we were spending annually. So lets say all the players that leave the club added up to 2 million per season. We would then be able to spend 2 million on transfer fees and wages for this season. 
  • By league one standards we should have a sizable budget though, only saving grace. 
  • LTKapal said:
    By league one standards we should have a sizable budget though, only saving grace. 
    Half decent owner, cash in on Phillips and you should have the resources to build a promotion winning team. That first bit might be an issue...
  • Sponsored links:

• Alan nixion said charlton can sign players after efl gave green light 
  • chev said:
    Alan nixion said charlton can sign players after efl gave green light 
    Alan Nixon has said a lot of things that havent happened

Cawley is the one to listen to as he actually calls and confirms things with Bowyer
  • How can any club below the Championship sign players? They will have no season ticket income but still have running costs to cover. Unless an owner puts money in how can clubs operate?
  • sam3110 said:
    Essentially we can sign a right back on a free on the same wage Solly was on, likewise Taylors replacement, any other players that don't sign a new deal once the season has concluded, and loans (which because we maxed out loans this year we'll be able to do so again, though how much a % of Green, Davis and Cullens' wages we were actually paying remains to be seen)
    2 signings we should be looking to make if West brom go up and don't sell them, are Field and Leko on loan again.
    Unfortunately (for us this season), I think both did well enough last season to set their sights higher this time around.
  • chev said:
    Alan nixion said charlton can sign players after efl gave green light 
    Alan Nixon has said a lot of things that havent happened

Cawley is the one to listen to as he actually calls and confirms things with Bowyer
    Cawley though is still pissed from celebrating Fulham's promotion  :D
  • Is it one out, one in or is it a case that we had 7 players earning x and can replace them with 20 if we don’t exceed x?
  • Is it one out, one in or is it a case that we had 7 players earning x and can replace them with 20 if we don’t exceed x?
    Yes.
    x is the ceiling. We can spend up to that.
  • To be fair, it is a farce. A ban should be a ban.

Nothing in. Nothing out unless out of contract. That would be the one way of concentrating minds.
  • edited August 2020
    Redrobo said:
    To be fair, it is a farce. A ban should be a ban.

Nothing in. Nothing out unless out of contract. That would be the one way of concentrating minds.
    True but I'm glad it's not. Otherwise Marshall would be No2 keeper, Bowyer would be filling in at RB and Jackson would be playing just off Bonne.