Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Info on Valley Pass live streams - Crewe game (Sat 3pm) - CAFC Cash purchases by Fri 1pm

edited September 2020 in General Charlton

Please see below for information on how season-ticket holders and non-season ticket holders access Saturday's game against Queens Park Rangers live on Valley Pass.

All supporters planning to watch are advised to run a test stream during the week to make sure everything works.

On the day, supporters are advised to tune in to the live stream between 30 minutes and one hour before kick-off.

Non-season-ticket holders

Charlton’s game against Queens Park Rangers will be available for all fans to watch with an individual match pass on Valley Pass.

Supporters will be able to purchase the pass for £10 from the morning of Wednesday, June 24th by clicking here. Supporters who purchase this way do not receive a code, they will get instant access.

Supporters who have access to CAFC Cash and can use that to purchase the game for £10 from 9.30am on the morning of Wednesday, June 24th by clicking here

Please note for supporters wishing to use their CAFC Cash to get access to the game against Queens Park Rangers must purchase by 9am on Friday, June 26th.

Please note, purchasing an annual or monthly Valley Pass subscription will not get a supporter access to Saturday’s game – to watch the game, they will need to purchase the specific match pass or have a specific access code.

Subscribers based abroad, who have purchased the annual match pass and have been watching games all season, will have no disruption to the normal service. 

In the meantime, supporters are encouraged to register with Valley Pass by clicking here. The process doesn't cost anything and will make the purchasing easier from Wednesday.

Season-ticket holders

With games being played behind closed doors for the remainder of the 2019/20 season, the club want to give season-ticket holders full flexibility on the money they are owed for these games and fans are able to choose from various options on how to spend this cash.

Season-ticket holders can purchase a pass for all of the remaining Charlton games by clicking here. Season-ticket holders will need to be logged into their ticketing account to make the purchase. 2019/20 season-ticket holders can use their refunded cash from their season-ticket purchase, to contribute towards their purchase of the pass and in addition are also being offered discounts on the remaining games to thank them for their loyalty.

• A pass for all eight remaining games costs just £64, giving season-ticket holders a 20 per cent discount
  • A pass for the four remaining home games costs just £27, giving season-ticket holders a 33 per cent discount (for any queries on CAFC Cash available, please contact tickets@cafc.co.uk)

Once a season-ticket holder purchases the package they want, they will be sent the relevant codes the following working day them to watch the games they have selected on Valley Pass.

Please note, to get a code in time for Saturday's game against Queens Park Rangers using the CAFC Cash option, supporters must purchase by 9am on Friday, June 26th.

Supporters having problems with the process can refer to our regularly updated frequently asked questions page.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ef0b90610f0e/information-on-accessing-saturdays-live-stream-of-the-game-against-queens-park-rangers-on-valley-pass

Comments

• If you have purchased a pass to watch Saturday’s game against QPR then please follow the advice below.Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass to watch Saturday's game live on Valley Pass can do so here.Where to watch- On Saturday coverage from the The Valley begins on Valley Pass at 11.30pm. If you have a pass, click here at that time to watch the live stream on your desktop or laptop. If you want to watch from a phone or tablet you will need to download the Valley Pass app, log-in and click on the ‘Live’ buttonAdvice- Ahead of Saturday's game please access the test stream to make sure you’ll be able to gain access to Saturday’s game. Click here to test the live stream channel at any point on laptop or desktop. If you want to test from a phone or tablet you will need to download the Valley Pass app, log-in and click on the ‘Live’ button- If you purchased via the club’s ticketing website you will have been sent a code to access Saturday’s game. Please redeem this code as soon as possible. You can watch a video on how to redeem your code here.- On Saturday, please tune in to the live stream between 11.30pm and 12pm. This will give us time to help you if you have any issues.Fans having problems signing up or redeeming codes can refer to the frequently asked questions.Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass to watch Saturday's game live on Valley Pass can do so here.https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ef5ecb601b3c/how-to-watch-charltons-game-against-qpr-on-saturday
  • 11.30pm?
  • Well it's one way to take the load off the servers :-)
  • BUY DIRECT OFF CAFC PLAYER, YOU WILL SAVE £1.50 BOOKING FEE AND NOT HAVE TO WAIT AROUND FOR THE CODE.
  • And a reminder that if you booked using the Valley Pass site, that you wouldn’t have been given a match day passcode.....don’t worry.
    You just need to login to Valley Pass in the normal way and follow the link to the game.
    GOOD LUCK!!!
  • I’m far more relaxed this week. I bought the 9 game package last week, entered the code and everything worked fine. I’m assuming I don’t need to enter any more codes to watch the game tomorrow. I’ve checked a couple of times this week and seen the test card, so all good. A repeat of last week, especially the score, will be fine. 
  • SX_Addick said:
    I’m far more relaxed this week. I bought the 9 game package last week, entered the code and everything worked fine. I’m assuming I don’t need to enter any more codes to watch the game tomorrow. I’ve checked a couple of times this week and seen the test card, so all good. A repeat of last week, especially the score, will be fine. 
    Same here. The live stream test was working fine 10 mins ago despite me getting the ‘oops something went wrong’ when logging into ‘my subscriptions’. Looking forward to a 2-1 win.
  • Managed to buy a ticket last week. Just going round in circles trying to buy pass for tomorrow’s match. Keep getting oops authentication cookie not set. What the fuck does that mean? Charlton’s IT has always been truly shit. 
  • I paid the tenner last week and it worked so, even though I am a season ticket holder, I decided, for the good of my mental health, to pay the tenner again for tomorrow and it will hopefully work again.

As someone that does not have Sky I'm not sure whether I'll be able to do the same for the Millwall game which will be a problem but one game at a time as they say.

• edited June 2020
    SX_Addick said:
    I’m far more relaxed this week. I bought the 9 game package last week, entered the code and everything worked fine. I’m assuming I don’t need to enter any more codes to watch the game tomorrow. I’ve checked a couple of times this week and seen the test card, so all good. A repeat of last week, especially the score, will be fine. 
    No more codes needed. The one code covers the 8 wins and 1 defeat (have a wild guess who that will be against?!) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Redeemed a tenner of my CAFC cash this week no problem at all. Much easier than last weeks debacle. So much easier second time round. 
  • edited June 2020
    Can someone who isn’t a season ticket holder purchase the game on matchday or do they have to do so beforehand
  • Can someone who isn’t a season ticket holder purchase the game on matchday or do they have to do so beforehand
    No you can do it on match day as long as you aren't trying to redeem using Charlton Cash. I'd suggest doing it as early as you can though, so you aren't having a last minute panic to get it done.
  • Hope the stream is better than last week....like watching in slow motion

• I think I have successfully purchased a pass now. I contacted web admin from the valley pass app. Someone sent the following advice to deal with my problem.

This is due to Apple disabling cross site tracking by default, please see below steps to resolve:

Safari for Mobile or Tablet:
    1.    Go to Settings
    2.    Click on Safari
    3.    Privacy & Security
    4.    Turn the toggle 'Prevent Cross Site Tracking' to 'Off'.
  • edited June 2020
    Have purchased all 8 game package, even though i have Sky sports, not sure if its the best thing to do or not.
    Have just logged on to the test stream so all seems good, yes i am a lot more relaxed second time around.

What could possibly go wrong?  Ah yes we could well loose. Sorry i cant be more confident.   
  • aliwibble said:
    Can someone who isn’t a season ticket holder purchase the game on matchday or do they have to do so beforehand
    No you can do it on match day as long as you aren't trying to redeem using Charlton Cash. I'd suggest doing it as early as you can though, so you aren't having a last minute panic to get it done.
    Cheers mate
  • Have purchased all 8 game package, even though i have Sky sports, not sure if its the best thing to do or not.
    Have just logged on to the test stream so all seems good, yes i am a lot more relaxed second time around.

What could possibly go wrong?  Ah yes we could well loose. Sorry i cant be more confident.   
    I logged on earlier to VP & tried the stream.....all I got was the hamster wheel thingy going round and around and around and around and around and around and around.......
  • Have purchased all 8 game package, even though i have Sky sports, not sure if its the best thing to do or not.

I logged on earlier to VP & tried the stream.....all I got was the hamster wheel thingy going round and around and around and around and around and around and around.......
    I assume you redeemed your voucher with your activation code?
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:
    I paid the tenner last week and it worked so, even though I am a season ticket holder, I decided, for the good of my mental health, to pay the tenner again for tomorrow and it will hopefully work again.

As someone that does not have Sky I'm not sure whether I'll be able to do the same for the Millwall game which will be a problem but one game at a time as they say.

@LenGlover - For the spanners game you can buy a one day Sky Sports pass for £9.99 from Now TV. I purchased the 3 months for £75 option as when we get back to Portugal next week there's no pubs open and we have no income, so for the cost of one session down the pub watching a game, we can watch at home for a month. It works very well.

https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase   
  • Tech question 

Has anyone ehad success with casting CAFC player from their PC/laptop to their TV? Does it allow this to happen? 

• edited June 2020
    Tech question 

Has anyone ehad success with casting CAFC player from their PC/laptop to their TV? Does it allow this to happen? 

No idea what you mean by 'casting.'

However, I plugged a double ended USB lead into the laptop computer and the TV, set the laptop on full screen and was able to watch the Hull match on TV.

I aim to do the same later and hope it works again!
  • If u have a smart tv can u log into the valley pass site and access the stream? I can’t seem to find any link for it 
  • cabbie8 said:
    If u have a smart tv can u log into the valley pass site and access the stream? I can’t seem to find any link for it 
    I’ve tried it on two smart TVs, no luck with either, I log in, it keeps saying I need to log in to view.
  • Tech question 

I casted from my laptop to chromecast but had to use Google chrome to do so. Had no issues other than a 5 minute period where the Internet decided to not work. 
  • ct_addick said:
    Hope the stream is better than last week....like watching in slow motion

Sorry but I think the fault must lie with your broadband. I was hugely impressed with the quality of the picture Last week and my picture never buffered once. 
  • Tech question 

I streamed the Hull game through a laptop and then played it through my TV using a hdmi cable. You just plug one end of the cable into the hdmi port on the laptop and the other into a hdmi port on the tv (most modern TVs have 3 or4). You then just select the source on your TV (hdmi1, 2, 3 or 4) to view it. 
    That's what I was trying to say but you said it considerably better!

Technological terminology is not my thing. Nor is technology in general.