Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Info on Valley Pass live streams - Crewe game (Sat 3pm) - CAFC Cash purchases by Fri 1pm

Comments

• Options
    Thanks, thats a drag..
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    To those that purchased a game already since the return, I have just had a look and it seems I still have access to the service. 

I've only paid for Hull since the return 🤷‍♂️

I bought the QPR game and it says subscription was from '26 Jun 2020 to 3 Jul 2020' 

Not sure if this means I'll be able to watch the Cardiff game without paying again but might try at 5 and see if I can get on the stream before paying again

**Edit** Just tried to access the test page and it informs me that I don't have access to the stream. Better shoot off to Spain again and buy a pass
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    To those that purchased a game already since the return, I have just had a look and it seems I still have access to the service. 

I bought the QPR game and it says subscription was from '26 Jun 2020 to 3 Jul 2020' 

Not sure if this means I'll be able to watch the Cardiff game without paying again but might try at 5 and see if I can get on the stream before paying again

**Edit** Just tried to access the test page and it informs me that I don't have access to the stream. Better shoot off to Spain again and buy a pass
    Shouldn’t take you long on your moped.😏
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I’m not sure having access to the test stream means you’ll have access to the live match
    It has done so far for me. Usually you get the payment request page if you haven't paid.

Dazzler21 said:

i get that test page up saying all okay as well - on the basis that i can't seem to order today then hopefully i will be able to watch anyway - are you saying that you bought hull but then didn't by qpr but could watch it anyway or that it then asked you to buy it? either way that will do me - hopefully
    Yes I was able to watch QPR having only paid £5 for Hull.

Normally I get a message saying I must buy a live match pass before I get this screen.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I’m not sure having access to the test stream means you’ll have access to the live match
    It has done so far for me. Usually you get the payment request page if you haven't paid.

Dazzler21 said:

i get that test page up saying all okay as well - on the basis that i can't seem to order today then hopefully i will be able to watch anyway - are you saying that you bought hull but then didn't by qpr but could watch it anyway or that it then asked you to buy it? either way that will do me - hopefully
    Yes I was able to watch QPR having only paid £5 for Hull.

Normally I get a message saying I must buy a live match pass before I get this screen.
    I bought Hull and QPR for £5 but not showing the streaming test for me, I get "you don't have access to this stream".

In my subscriptions it does say

"
    Live Video Pass - Charlton Athletic v QPR (International)Expires on 4 Jul 2020
    "

but that clearly doesn't mean anything
  • Options
    This may seem like a really stupid question but can I watch via the Internet on my smart TV once I’ve bought my pass? Or do it have to be via a tablet/mobile/PC?
  • Options
    Isn't anything over £4/5 an absolute rip off for watching a single game?
  • Options
    This may seem like a really stupid question but can I watch via the Internet on my smart TV once I’ve bought my pass? Or do it have to be via a tablet/mobile/PC?
    I watched QPR on my LG tv using the built in browser, logging in is a bit fiddly, but once you're in it's all good. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I watched QPR on my LG tv using the built in browser, logging in is a bit fiddly, but once you're in it's all good. 
    Did you get caught in Captcha hell? That’s what happened to me. Just used a HDMI cable from my laptop in the end.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Did you get caught in Captcha hell? That’s what happened to me. Just used a HDMI cable from my laptop in the end.
    That's exactly what I have done for the two games so far and it was perfect both times. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yeah Captcha was the issue, however it was fine last time, more difficult before Hull though. 
  • Options
    all the crossings. all the traffic lights. all the cars. all the buses. i thought i saw a tip on how to log in via the tv. i can't find it now - was it something about not clicking the ok? 

• Options
    For season ticket owners that, say, purchased all remaining games through VP with their CAFC Cash last night, they're supposed to receive by email individual codes for each game yes? Arriving on the day of the match? And if so, has the code emails for tonights match been sent out?   
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    That's exactly what I have done for the two games so far and it was perfect both times. 
    Yep, HDMI cable from laptop to TV has also worked perfectly for me also.
  • Options
    Does anyone elses test stream make a high pitch whistle when working ok  just wanted to test mine well ahead and it is just the card no movement or sound I was certain there was a high pitched whistle before and some movement on the screen like interference
  • Options
    smurfd said:
    Does anyone elses test stream make a high pitch whistle when working ok  just wanted to test mine well ahead and it is just the card no movement or sound I was certain there was a high pitched whistle before and some movement on the screen like interference
    Yes that's the db sound that it says about in the centre of the screen. 

You're correct it's quite silent right now. 
  • Options
    So whenever I try to login I never get the option to buy a pass when I go to My Subscriptions. I have to wait for a link on here every time. Anyone know why this is?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Isn't anything over £4/5 an absolute rip off for watching a single game?
    Not really, a matchday ticket costs £20 minimum in most cases - Allows the individual Football League clubs to get extra revenue they wouldnt normally get from fans abroad
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Cloudworm said:
    So whenever I try to login I never get the option to buy a pass when I go to My Subscriptions. I have to wait for a link on here every time. Anyone know why this is?
    It's not in my subscriptions because User Experience isn't a considered thing at CAFC these days

I usually just go here, click the video and it'll launch or send me to the purchase page. 
    https://live.cafc.co.uk

p.s @smurfd it's working again now. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Champs85 said:
    Cheers @Dazzler21- what vpn do you use? 
    I use the Opera Browser app

Info here: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3930137#Comment_3930137
    This is a really good shout. I use Chrome and installed a free VPN extension called DotVPN. Game cost me a fiver, I have turned the VPN off now as being a freebie it will no doubt be very slow.

Fingers crossed I'll still be able to stream the match tonight without the VPN being turned on. @Dazzler21 had it working on Opera, so in theory it should be the same for Chrome.
  • Options
    I used opera solely for vpn as I don't have a vpn network at home. 

When I log in on tv, it works - no vpn used at all beyond the initial purchase (not an option for regular saturday games in a normal season, then you need vpn on as the stream needs to see you're abroad, it should work for this weird period of 7 more games)
  • Options
    Any one else not being given the option to subscribe to the match when going to "My subscriptions"? I didn't have any issues for the past two games
  • Options
    Any one else not being given the option to subscribe to the match when going to "My subscriptions"? I didn't have any issues for the past two games
    Turns out I had to change the country on my VPN for this game, all done COYR!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cloudworm said:
    It's not in my subscriptions because User Experience isn't a considered thing at CAFC these days

I usually just go here, click the video and it'll launch or send me to the purchase page. 
    https://live.cafc.co.uk

p.s @smurfd it's working again now. 

It's never under my subscription until you pay for it.
  • Options
    clive said:

Fans who have purchased a pass for today’s game against Cardiff City, which kicks-off at 6pm, can watch their live stream as follows:

Click here to watch on laptop or desktop: https://live.cafc.co.uk.

If you are trying to access the game on a mobile or tablet you have to download the Valley Pass app, to watch the stream simply click the ‘live’ button.

If you haven't purchased a live stream pass for the game yet, it is not too late. Click here to purchase.

We would recommend tuning in between 5pm and 5.30pm to give yourself time to solve any problems.

Remember, if you purchased with CAFC Cash or through the ticketing website, you will need to redeem a code to access live streaming.

If you purchased directly through Valley Pass you do not need a code.

If you have any questions or queries please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Fans from around the world can watch Tuesday’s game against Cardiff City, click here to purchase your pass.

Please note, the test stream finishes at 4pm, so if you try and access the test stream between 4pm and 5pm, you will only be able to see a blank screen.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5efb4ecf04b18/how-to-access-tonights-live-stream-of-cardiff-city-v-charlton-on-valley-pass

As someone said above but didn't get an answer to, do you need a new code for tonight if you bought the 8 /9 game package?

Thanks
  • Options
    clive said:

Fans who have purchased a pass for today’s game against Cardiff City, which kicks-off at 6pm, can watch their live stream as follows:

If you are trying to access the game on a mobile or tablet you have to download the Valley Pass app, to watch the stream simply click the ‘live’ button.

If you haven't purchased a live stream pass for the game yet, it is not too late. Click here to purchase.

We would recommend tuning in between 5pm and 5.30pm to give yourself time to solve any problems.

Remember, if you purchased with CAFC Cash or through the ticketing website, you will need to redeem a code to access live streaming.

If you have any questions or queries please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Fans from around the world can watch Tuesday’s game against Cardiff City, click here to purchase your pass.

Please note, the test stream finishes at 4pm, so if you try and access the test stream between 4pm and 5pm, you will only be able to see a blank screen.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5efb4ecf04b18/how-to-access-tonights-live-stream-of-cardiff-city-v-charlton-on-valley-pass

As someone said above but didn't get an answer to, do you need a new code for tonight if you bought the 8 /9 game package?

Thanks
    No.
  • Options
    clive said:

Thanks
    No.
    Thanks