Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Signed shirt - Who's Who?

On the occasion of my dad's 80th birthday (already discussed) he has bequeathed to me one of his prized possessions. I was wondering if anyone could help me to decipher the signatures on the shirt. I can see Chris Powell clearly in the middle, but I'm a bit stuck. 

Over to you guys (and girls)!


«13

Comments

  • Curbs to the right of PLC. CAFC999 is your man
  • edited May 12
    Mendonca at the bottom.
    Steve Brown under com
    Powell under Brown
    Danny Mills two below Curbishley
    Ilic left of mills two down
    Rommedhal under Ilic
    Mark Bright left of Powell, Carl Tiler ? to the left of Bright
    Kishishev bottom right?  Eddie Youds to the right of Kishishev?
    Mark Bowen? above the M
  • Curbs to the right of the H in mesh
  • Keith Jones above Kish
  • Paul Konchesky to the left of Steve Brown
    Anthony Barness above Mendonca
    John Robinson under Keith Jones (left)
    Matt Holmes under Keith Jones (right)
    Steve Jones under Curbishley (?)
  • Giving this a bump. Here's what I reckon so far - most nicked from above, but I've tried to check on Google.



    In addition I wonder if it might be Graham Stuart next to Carl Tiler, but the signature doesn't look anything like I've seen online. Also got my doubts about Eddie Youds - think he may have changed hi signature.
  • Is the one above Shaun Newton Kevin Nicholls?
  • Great work @ParkinsonOut , thanks for the corrections. Here's an updated one which is hopefully right now. 




    So, just two to go now. The one above Sasa which has two possible suggestions Kevin Nicholls (aliwibble) or Kevin Lisbie (ParkinsonOut). And the one above John Barnes which I don't think anyone has had a stab at yet.

  • @Henry Irving or @killerjerrylee Does the museum have a collection of autographs that could be referenced to finish this off?  Cheers.


  • Sponsored links:


  • edited May 14
    Andy Todd...I might be a season out with him.?
    Andy Peterson...bit of a short Autograph tho..?
    Gary Poole...?
    also thinking Nichols rather than Lisbie...🤔
  • Stig said:
    @Henry Irving or @killerjerrylee Does the museum have a collection of autographs that could be referenced to finish this off?  Cheers.


    @cafc999 is our 'graph expert

    Could also check the squad list for that season to find players who you don't have a signature for.
  • Good work by all involved there. 

    The one one above Barnes I have seen before but cannot remember without going through my archive. 

    Anyone with stuff from this era and want to check then the next time you visit The Valley, go into Bartrams and on the way to the loos is a framed trading card display with signatures.

    Nice shirt btw. 
  • edited May 14
    .
  • Am pretty sure that one of those missing is indeed Kevin Nichols, I have his signature on a program somewhere.
  • Just wondering if it would be worth having a thread on here of Autograph Examples. From time to time we get these queries on here and it might make things easier if the had a central pace to look. 

    I'm thinking of one post for each player where there is one or more example of their autograph. These could be added to as more examples became available. It would take a bit of work, but I'm happy to manage the updates (in fact it might work better as a closed thread).

    I thought I'd ask on here first though as I wouldn't want to tread on any toes if the museum have, or are planning, something similar or if people thought it was a naff idea.
  • I have had to go trawling the internet before looking for signature examples so something like that would have been really helpful
  • Stig said:
    Just wondering if it would be worth having a thread on here of Autograph Examples. From time to time we get these queries on here and it might make things easier if the had a central pace to look. 

    I'm thinking of one post for each player where there is one or more example of their autograph. These could be added to as more examples became available. It would take a bit of work, but I'm happy to manage the updates (in fact it might work better as a closed thread).

    I thought I'd ask on here first though as I wouldn't want to tread on any toes if the museum have, or are planning, something similar or if people thought it was a naff idea.
    Go for it.

    Museum can provide lots of examples.
  • The one above Barnes isn't Mervyn Day is it? (this is based purely on the fact he was around at the time rather than any knowledge of what his signature might be like)
  • Sponsored links:


  • aliwibble said:
    The one above Barnes isn't Mervyn Day is it? (this is based purely on the fact he was around at the time rather than any knowledge of what his signature might be like)

    It's a very good shout tbf.
  • I like your thinking, but I'm not sure.  There are a few examples on the internet and they all look like he draws a hamburger with some lettuce falling out the side. That said, it's a big pen on cloth with very limited space.  It might not be the ideal canvass for his gastronomic doodlings.


  • cafc83 said:
    Am pretty sure that one of those missing is indeed Kevin Nichols, I have his signature on a program somewhere.
    Definitely him 
  • Yeah, I think you're right. Back to the drawing board.
  • Received the away version today, complete with the stench of Youds' body odor. Very helpful photo Stig as I wouldn't have had a clue about most. There's a few extras on it if anyone has any idea, the Matt Holmes one really looks like "eddie" on mine too.


  • edited May 14
    .
  • Talal said:
    Received the away version today, complete with the stench of Youds' body odor. Very helpful photo Stig as I wouldn't have had a clue about most. There's a few extras on it if anyone has any idea, the Matt Holmes one really looks like "eddie" on mine too.



    Gary Poole, right of Chris Powell
    Keith Peacock, left of Chris Powell
    Dean Kiely, above le coq badge
    Eddie Youds above Dean Kiely
    I cannot see Neil Heaney's signature.  I bet he'd not be named in the team if supporters were asked who played in the play-off final.
  • Great effort from all who contributed.amy thanks. 
  • Talal said:
    Received the away version today, complete with the stench of Youds' body odor. Very helpful photo Stig as I wouldn't have had a clue about most. There's a few extras on it if anyone has any idea, the Matt Holmes one really looks like "eddie" on mine too.



    Gary Poole, right of Chris Powell
    Keith Peacock, left of Chris Powell
    Dean Kiely, above le coq badge
    Eddie Youds above Dean Kiely
    I cannot see Neil Heaney's signature.  I bet he'd not be named in the team if supporters were asked who played in the play-off final.
    Thanks, I've just got Neil Redfearn bottom right. Depends who you ask, I think most on here would name him but probably not your "average" fan.

  • The one to right of Mesh is J. Something, looking through the squad we had 3 J's, Robinson, Fortune and Barnes so leaning towards Fortune.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!