Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coronavirus - it's not all "bad news"

Comments

• Options
    We have had a bird of prey circling our house for a couple of days and hear an owl each night.  Not bad for Beckenham
  • Options
    Everyone is wearing masks these days, though I don't think George's will be fully effective

• Options
    Everyone is wearing masks these days, though I don't think George's will be fully effective

Is that a young Eamonn Holmes at the back, arms folded, shaking his head about all that 5G?
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Captain Tom Moore
    97 years old.
    £1.7 million raised for NHS.
    What a gentleman.
    https://www.charitytoday.co.uk/army-veteran-99-raises-nearly-600k-nhs-target/

Bless his cotton socks ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrWalker said:
    Captain Tom Moore
    97 years old.
    £1.7 million raised for NHS.
    What a gentleman.
    https://www.charitytoday.co.uk/army-veteran-99-raises-nearly-600k-nhs-target/

What a truly heart warming story in these dark days.

Just look at his Just giving page  - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tomswalkforthenhs - going up by thousands of pounds every few minutes. 

Sometimes I despair at members of the human race. Things like this make me realise the overwhelming majority are good people.

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

Is that a young Eamonn Holmes at the back, arms folded, shaking his head about all that 5G?
    Mal Evans?
  • Options
    The total now standing at £2.5m and still climbing. Wonderful.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    There were (according to Mrs Plum) 6 (six) wonderful herons around the modest pond with it's couple of willow trees (other trees are available there) in Manor House Gardens today. Two young, four fully grown.
    I love watching them fly, taking off like an old Sopwith Camel or whatever.
    If there is an upside to this crisis it might be how we are reconnecting with all the wonderful creatures we share the planet with.
    Goats and Llamas and Ducks and Herons in Oxford Street would be nice.
    Yeah good eating from ducks and llamas. Ducks wouldn’t survive long that neck of the woods 😱😉
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    There were (according to Mrs Plum) 6 (six) wonderful herons around the modest pond with it's couple of willow trees (other trees are available there) in Manor House Gardens today. Two young, four fully grown.
    I love watching them fly, taking off like an old Sopwith Camel or whatever.
    If there is an upside to this crisis it might be how we are reconnecting with all the wonderful creatures we share the planet with.
    Goats and Llamas and Ducks and Herons in Oxford Street would be nice.
    Yeah good eating from ducks and llamas. Ducks wouldn’t survive long that neck of the woods 😱😉

More likely to get heroin than a heron in Oxford Street
  • Options
    Over £3 million now! What an inspiration Tom is.
  • Options
    Family wanted to raise £1000!
    Totally inspirational
  • Options
    Was £700,000 this morning
  • Options
    £4.7M now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My missus is an NHS worker and we just got 2 tickets to the Liam Gallagher free NHS concert at the O2 in Oct....result 
    A well deserved night out. I just hope that you are not in row zzz and behind a concrete column
  • Options
    £5m plus £1m gift aid now for Captain Tom.
  • Options
    My missus is an NHS worker and we just got 2 tickets to the Liam Gallagher free NHS concert at the O2 in Oct....result 
    A well deserved night out. I just hope that you are not in row zzz and behind a concrete column
    we are quite far back in the upper tier, however I'm hardly in a position to moan about that ;)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    yeah that is absolutely mental, the fella should be knighted for his 100th birthday
    Great story.
  • Options
    I know we can't know for certain, but is anyone else thinking a packed O2 concert in October for the NHS isn't such a great idea?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    he's above £7m now, crazy
  • Options
    I know we can't know for certain, but is anyone else thinking a packed O2 concert in October for the NHS isn't such a great idea?
    I’m pretty sure it won’t go ahead if it isn’t safe. There must be dates in diaries to keep people sane. It would be a bad message to put out if gigs in October were already being cancelled.