Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coronavirus - it's not all "bad news"

Comments

• Options
    If 2020 was a shoe -

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chaps, move it to a private conversation if you have to, but please stop cluttering this thread with negativity.

In happier news:

Our son born on the 25th, had his weight plummet after birth by more than the caution trigger of 10% in the first week. It was suggested that my better half's stress around Corona Virus had caused her to struggle to produce milk.

He has now benefitted from @Big_Bad_World's generosity in sending some formula our way (locally it's like gold dust especially the newborn stuff), Arthur is now finally back up to higher than his birth weight, coming in at 7lbs 4oz. 

Good on the bairn but I'd like to know why he's in a Leeds Utd onesie and not a CAFC one.
    How very dare you!

Charlton didn't have tiny baby so he's in plain whites. Or the old Charlton away kit as I like to see it. 
  • Options
    Congrats @PaddyP17 and @seth plum

Cricket ball for first christmas.....?
  • Options
    Thursday 8pm has turned into probably the most community spirited local action in about 50 years 
    Air horn and referees whistle this week. Where I live overlooks a massive valley and the sound echoes all round it. Very proud of all taking part and more proud of our frontline workers 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    What I think is important is that all of us clapping the NHS has to support and back it fully from now own. That would be a positive legacy of this horrible time. Never should we take this fantastic institution for granted or allow it to fade.
  • Options
    What I think is important is that all of us clapping the NHS has to support and back it fully from now own. That would be a positive legacy of this horrible time. Never should we take this fantastic institution for granted or allow it to fade.
    I doubt the tories will start funding the NHS properly, even after this.
  • Options
    Clapping away with a tear in me eye thinking of those soldiers who lost their lives in the past week.
    Should this minute clap continue long after this virus to remember the dead
  • Options
    The amount of live streams. Watching big fave Peter Bruntnell right now and not having to put up with arseholes talking at gigs
  • Options
    Thursday 8pm has turned into probably the most community spirited local action in about 50 years 
    Yeah, it's working really well for social distancing.
    20.33 and the wife's not back yet ffs.
    Still not back. You couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    Back at 21.10. I bet the NHS are well chuffed.
  • Options
    Depends if she was chatting to the neighbour over the road or doing line ups mate
  • Options
    Have they ever specified how long you should be clapping for?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Depends if she was chatting to the neighbour over the road or doing line ups mate
    Well she did have a friend called blow job Julie.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chaps, move it to a private conversation if you have to, but please stop cluttering this thread with negativity.

In happier news:

Our son born on the 25th, had his weight plummet after birth by more than the caution trigger of 10% in the first week. It was suggested that my better half's stress around Corona Virus had caused her to struggle to produce milk.

He has now benefitted from @Big_Bad_World's generosity in sending some formula our way (locally it's like gold dust especially the newborn stuff), Arthur is now finally back up to higher than his birth weight, coming in at 7lbs 4oz. 

Good on the bairn but I'd like to know why he's in a Leeds Utd onesie and not a CAFC one.
    How very dare you!

Charlton didn't have tiny baby so he's in plain whites. Or the old Charlton away kit as I like to see it. 
    A bit of a chiny reckons there but I'll let you get away with it.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Carter said:
    Air horn and referees whistle this week. Where I live overlooks a massive valley and the sound echoes all round it. Very proud of all taking part and more proud of our frontline workers 
    Two weeks ago round our way was quite quiet.  Last week a bit noisier.  This evening was mental - but in a good way, obviously.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    MrOneLung said:
    Have they ever specified how long you should be clapping for?
    Just long enough that no one thinks you’re also clapping for Boris.
  • Options
    Some sports are slower. More about the strategy. https://t.co/JMBaGJ1tSd
  • Options
    You are a wind up Google maps timeline.

Did you have to let me know that I haven't been anywhere now for 28 days !

Grass up the guys with the second homes in places like Cornwall and Kent( Whitstable is a popular spot with the London crowd)
    By sending it straight to the authorities if you want but telling me I have travelled from my bathroom to my lounge to the garden to the Kitchen just isn't necessary.

I might chain myself to the radiator tomorrow so I have some understanding and empathy with Terry Waite and John Macarthy back in the day.

• Options
    I doubt the tories will start funding the NHS properly, even after this.

If Boris Johnson continues his progress and returns as Prime minister and  doesn't fight tooth and nail by whatever means to fund the NHS to deal with a population of 67 million then he would be a callous bastard after his past 3 weeks.

The NHS are suffering now from their successes but also the millions that go in compensation each year. A paradox but Doctors Don't always make the correct call.

To miss quote a PM from the past:
    HEALTH, HEALTH, HEALTH