Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adam Matthews - gone to Cyprus, and is in ManU's Europa League group (p18)

Comments

• Options
    Not hanging out much hope unfortunately, would be amazing if he stayed because I think he’s a much better right back than S*lly but with Paul Elliott slowing everything down it slows down any chance of the takeover & the EFL lifting the restrictions
  • Options
    MattF said:

No, not after the way you jacked it in away to Watford. Crack on at Billericay. 

PS: I quite liked you before Watford. 
  • Options
    The EFL owe us nothing. Fact is we went down on our own steam. If you need a side deducted points to stay up, you weren't ever good enough. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The EFL owe us nothing. Fact is we went down on our own steam. If you need a side deducted points to stay up, you weren't ever good enough. 
    And we needed two!
  • Options
    What happened at Watford?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was wondering with Matthews if we may get a little leeway given that he was our player last year and would be our only senior right back. I seem to recall that we were allowed to get the other two players owing to how short of players we were in those positions.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's more the whole inability to hold owners accountable thing that bothers me. And the clear hypocrisy of Sheff Wed decision. It's not like I think we should have stayed up. We didn't deserve to. But that doesn't mean that the EFL aren't ALSO terrible at their jobs. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    MattF said:

Probably the lowest point of my Charlton away days career, absolute shocker of a day, even the pubs were crap. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    MattF said:

Probably the lowest point of my Charlton away days career, absolute shocker of a day, even the pubs were crap. 
    I remember walking through the shopping centre in Watford in a state of complete shock, numb to the world!
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    MattF said:

I remember walking through the shopping centre in Watford in a state of complete shock, numb to the world!
    Was that before the game?
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    MattF said:

Imagine how bad you would have felt if you had gone to the game.
    I imagine Guy Luzon spent the afternoon walking through the shopping centre, seeing that he wasn't allowed to manage the team that game!
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    MattF said:

Imagine how bad you would have felt if you had gone to the game.
    I imagine Guy Luzon spent the afternoon walking through the shopping centre, seeing that he wasn't allowed to manage the team that game!
    I think most of the team wish they had have been as well. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Surprised he wasnt involved against Birmingham as a trialist

Knowing the EFL they probably have rules stopping that too

Nice they're effectively stopping Matthews from being allowed to work though, where is the protection for the players during these embargos, e.g. What if no one else wants him? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    we were able to sign Washington and Gilbey, what's the difference ? .. is it that Matthews is already 'our player' ? .. so release, him and re-sign him, or am I missing a vital clue, a vital but obscure contractual component here ?
  • Options
    Good old EFL showing what a wonderful governing body they are
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Good old EFL showing what a wonderful governing body they are
    EFL :"Whats that you say? Appeal against the massives 'punishment'? No,no,no.....Charlton want to sign a right back that was there last season? Fuck off,who do they think they are,theyre taking the piss out of us here at efl towers"   Useless,good for nothing twats
  • Options
    I wonder if they are trying to put pressure on the current owners to sell by not allowing him to sign, then again it is the EFL and they have history of stitching us up.
  • Options
    I can see this being frivolous and getting docked points or straight relegation to League Two!!
  • Options
    They offered Washington and Gilbey contracts before the salary cap.  I guess what with Farnell trying to impose Uncle Jones, they couldn't offer any contracts.  We're now subject to the salary cap, with  extra restrictions because of no proof of funds.
  • Options
    Why didn't we resign him sooner like we did with Amos, Williams and JFC?