Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adam Matthews - gone to Cyprus, and is in ManU's Europa League group (p18)

Comments

• Options
    Wonder what went wrong at Sunderland, they were happy to see the back of him if I recall but he is a great player.
  • Options
    Be surprised if a promotion chasing team want him

Last three seasons have been a slow decline for him until he joined us, unless he's concerned about the shit in the background you'd hope he'll stick around as Bowyer has a habit of getting loyalty from his players

You can see signs of why he was so rated at Cardiff though
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Talal said:
    There was one moment where I thought he looked a little off - second half when their player went through a few of ours in the box and dragged a shot wide. Other than that was excellent, hope we can sign him but just have a feeling he might want to move to a team likely to be challenging for promotion. 
    Promotion-challenging teams tend to prefer flashy full-backs who can chip in with goals and assists. Matthews doesn't have that so much as part of his game so perhaps he'll be unfashionable enough for us to keep him...
    True but that doesn’t necessarily stop him from hoping to join one and not signing a deal with us. Hope I'm wrong and he signs as we won't find better. 
  • Options
    The guy is absolute class. Let's hope that we can sort out the ownership and get him signed up. I fear that the bigger Championship clubs will be ready to swoop.
  • Options
    Very good again, I wasn’t a fan of his for the first few games he played for us but he seems to get better for us every week.
  • Options
    When a players 'quality level' drops so quickly it is usually a confidence thing. I get the feeling that he likes us and we like him and we are the perfect club to rebuild a reputation.

Also noticed at least two Welsh flags in the ground today and the Valley reminds him of home.
  • Options
    I liked him from day one. He looked useful and a better bet than a disappointing Chris Solly. I expected the Purrington style seven out of ten every week but he has certainly surpassed that and must now be one of the first names on the team sheet. I honestly didn't expect him to be getting the plaudits he is now.
  • Options
    Fantastic today.  Kept the man rated at over £10m very quiet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An immense performance today
  • Options
    I like him. No nonsense old school style right back. Definitely Championship level.

Purrington was also good when he came on Tuesday. Think in a flat back 4 both are good enough for this league.
    This remains spot on.
  • Options
    Thought he had a great game. Was always there. Twice the player of that snake 🐍 Solly.
  • Options
    He had a slowish start, but once he got up to the fitness level Bowyer demands he hasn’t looked back. An outside bet for player of the year right now. You just don’t worry about attacks down our righthand side. Must be getting close to a recall to the welsh squad. 
  • Options
    Sign him up! 

No idea who that should be directed at, though! 
  • Options
    Needs a permanent contract please. Serious upgrade on Solly. 
  • Options
    Unbelievable player. Can’t believe we got him on a free transfer. Bowyer & Gallen need to get his contract sorted ASAP. Cannot let him leave on a free. 
  • Options
    Unbelievable player. Can’t believe we got him on a free transfer. Bowyer & Gallen need to get his contract sorted ASAP. Cannot let him leave on a free. 
    Totally this...
  • Options
    I'd love to know what Sunderland didnt see in him last season

His last game for them was the 2-1 defeat @ Southend in the last league game

Wasnt involved at all in the Play-Offs

Of course if he had played at Wembley he'd have potentially been the Right-Back tasked with stopping Cullen's cross
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    POTY ? certainly been very consistent 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Not for me, that goes to Cullen.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Surprisingly has only played 23-games for us this season

I think others like Phillips and Pratley are runaway for the top two though

Its probably been the best bit about our survival this year... Under Riga it was between Wilson and Poyet, no one else really stood out

This year there have been a good few players: Cullen | Matthews | Gallagher etc. who could have won it on their efforts
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Still has to be Phillips for me. Pratley runner up. 
    With Cullen, I guess that's our three. 
  • Options
    Tut tut Santa, LOL-farming is beneath you...
  • Options

Of course if he had played at Wembley he'd have potentially been the Right-Back tasked with stopping Cullen's cross
    He was awful for Sunderland hence why they played a centre mid out of position. 

Never seemed to settle there. Most probably because of the constant change of manager. Seems like he has here. 
  • Options
    He really is class
  • Options

He was awful for Sunderland hence why they played a centre mid out of position. 

Never seemed to settle there. Most probably because of the constant change of manager. Seems like he has here. 
    Think awful is bit extreme. There were threads on the Sunderland forum when he signed for us and it was about 50/50 for those that liked him and those that didn't. Most that didn't were bemoaning his injury record.