Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*******Bowyer SIGNED 3 YEAR DEAL (page 27 onwards )******

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Agreeing to wait and being happy about waiting is not the same. Southall implied both were on the same page which probably angered Bowyer. The only problem is, do the new owners value Bowyer enough to overlook this?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If Mr Southall has been speaking to Lee since November and a new contract is a priority. Would it not been beyond the wit of an agent and an ex agent to have a "oven ready" contract to sign on day one? 
    Seeing as they said back in November that their No1 priority was to secure LB & LT on new contracts then yes, you would have thought this would have been tied up as soon as they officially took over,  ie by the WBA cup game last sunday. 

As I said on the MS interview thread, their actions are not currently matching their words.
  • Options
    My reading of the situation is that:

1. MS and LB originally agreed they’d deal with the manager contract at the end of the transfer window.

2. They’ve tried getting some deals done but whoever they approach is only willing to sign on the line if LB is confirmed as the manager. 

3. LB feels the situation has changed and wants his contract sorted. 

4. Besides all of that, we have new owners who are looking to seriously invest to get us back to the Prem. I wonder if they are not seeing LB as the big name manager to do that in the medium to long term. Perhaps they don’t want to overcommit to a contract they have to pay out on when they ask him to leave to make way for that big name? 
    To some extent it would make sense to the owners for part of the post-season changes to include a new management team.  If it is the case that no one - including the management - is bigger than the club this might make sense. 

In my mind this transfer window is a shoring up exercise to prevent relegation, and the real re-shaping of things will happen after the full time whistle goes at Elland Road. Whether that includes Bowyer, Jackson and Gallen, who knows...
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I’m scared now. 
    You still got the Aussies number in your contacts?
  • Options
    MS mentioned in the interview securing championship survival we were top 4 etc. I think ESI deliberately stalled before offering contract to see where we are in the table. Bowyer has backed them into a corner and called there bluff
  • Options
    For me that doesn’t jive with what I interpreted from the press conference. Not a red flag in my opinion but it doesn’t jive. I’m sure they’re all sorting it out amongst themselves. 
  • Options
    My reading of the situation is that:

1. MS and LB originally agreed they’d deal with the manager contract at the end of the transfer window.

2. They’ve tried getting some deals done but whoever they approach is only willing to sign on the line if LB is confirmed as the manager. 

3. LB feels the situation has changed and wants his contract sorted. 

4. Besides all of that, we have new owners who are looking to seriously invest to get us back to the Prem. I wonder if they are not seeing LB as the big name manager to do that in the medium to long term. Perhaps they don’t want to overcommit to a contract they have to pay out on when they ask him to leave to make way for that big name? 
    To some extent it would make sense to the owners for part of the post-season changes to include a new management team.  If it is the case that no one - including the management - is bigger than the club this might make sense. 

In my mind this transfer window is a shoring up exercise to prevent relegation, and the real re-shaping of things will happen after the full time whistle goes at Elland Road. Whether that includes Bowyer, Jackson and Gallen, who knows...

I think it's quite clear that Bowyer did not agree to wait until February to sort his contract out. Absolutely no way does he go to the press having agreed that. 

If that was the case, he would have spoken to Southall privately. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we go down Bowyer will not be manager the start of the season, irrespective of any contracts signed.

• Options
    I wonder if the withdrawal of Taylor's contract offer has triggered this? Maybe he wasn't fully on board with that decision and would prefer the offer was increased and sorted as it sounds like LT does want to stay and he would be a fundamental part of LB's plans.     
  • Options
    Rob said:
    For me that doesn’t jive with what I interpreted from the press conference. Not a red flag in my opinion but it doesn’t jive. I’m sure they’re all sorting it out amongst themselves. 
    Fight,Fight,Fight.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    MS has confirmed that Bowyer has received a contract offer this morning (5 year deal), with a view to finalising at the weekend with his agent.
  • Options
    It may be that MS realises Bowyer's strengths but his boss who is less bothered by the detail demands to be impressed before we commit to the manager.
    Could well be, also doesn’t help that we have hardly won a game for months (obviously lots of mitigating circumstances etc). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are we overlooking the fact that has been a triangular conversation between Bowyer, his agent, and Southall?
    Southall said he agreed the timetable with Bowyer's agent, not with Bowyer himself, so it could be that the breakdown in communication was between Bowyer & his agent.  

There were hints of something similar during Bowyer's negotiations with Duchatelet last summer - I remember thinking at the time that RD was well known for not liking agents, so perhaps that was why in the end Bowyer spoke to RD directly & all was quickly sorted.  But maybe there were other reasons behind the situation of RD saying one day there was no agreement on the contract (possibly not agreed with the agent) and Bowyer saying the next day his contract had been agreed (speaking directly to RD), to do with communications between Bowyer & agent
  • Options
    Posted on wrong thread.

As I see it:-

Initial meeting with Matt and Bows, they agree that new signings are most important, and his contract can wait until after window.
    Tuesday Matt's interview, he relates this to Olly
    Wednesday Bows speaks to a target who asks about the longevity of our manager
    Wed/Thurs Bows speaks to agent, you are meeting Matt this week, we may need to bring forward contract talks.
    Thursday Bows press conference, he mentions talks may be earlier than stated earlier.

Don't panic. No demands were issued, no threats were made.
  • Options
    remember that Southall is not the money man, nor will be really be the decision maker ..  he is essentially a PR mouthpiece for the real money men
  • Options
    Think I'm done with football to be honest. Can't be doing with year on year compounded uncertainty. Still stand by giving people the benefit of doubt, including RD to begin with, but it's meant to be about football, not contracts and fuckin shares.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I don't mean this in offense to anybody. 

But isn't some people jumping the gun a little. Do not jump off the plank just yet. 

It's not hard for news reporters to bend a few words here and there, to make the situation way more complex then it actually is. 

I believe we had players lined up, but nobody is signing untill Bowyer contract is sorted, it's more then possible this could have come up this morning and that would obviously change everything in terms of negotiation. 

Let's not judge MS to quickly on this because of the negative expierence from the Roland regime. 

This isn't Roland anymore. 

Give them some time and keep calm 😝
  • Options
    We gotta wait for the next edition on SLP for Bowyer"s reply now, seeing as he don't do Twitter?
  • Options
    Rob not forgetting ,beer,mates,good laughs,and friendships that span blood ,grief,marriage,births 
  • Options
    Rob not forgetting ,beer,mates,good laughs,and friendships that span blood ,grief,marriage,births 
    Will never forget that mate 👍
  • Options
    Think I'm done with football to be honest. Can't be doing with year on year compounded uncertainty. Still stand by giving people the benefit of doubt, including RD to begin with, but it's meant to be about football, not contracts and fuckin shares.
    over the years pro football (and other sports) have become a soap opera with all the background 'family' feuds and incidentals that are the foundation of a good soap .. the papers and media in general spend more time and space on rumour and speculation (as well as s**stiring) as they do on reporting the actual games .. thing is , it will just never get any better.