Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*******Bowyer SIGNED 3 YEAR DEAL (page 27 onwards )******

Comments

• Options
    Didn’t Bowyer recently describe a conversation he had with Southall re ESI’s plans as “weird”? I think Katrien style he tried to clarify later that he didn’t mean odd, but it is interesting that these quotes emerge hot on the heels of that. 
  • Options
    To be fair to ESI it made sense to sort Bowyer's contract out once the window closed - It meant that they could all focus on bringing in players as there is a deadline of 31st January that has to be met before we cant do that anymore

Worst case scenario we had until the summer to sort out his Contract

This player though has just thrown a spanner in their plans and has made everyone realise its not going to be as simple as that!!

Should ESI / Bowyer have thought of that before now? - Yes!!...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I said after the interview that I was okay with Southall making mistakes provided he explain them and that they're learnt from, after all he's not going to be perfect as he's a young man coming into a role he's never done before
    Not when potential new signings want to see the manager's position it doesn't. 

Also, it doesn't take long for Bows to agree to a contract. I am with him, get it done and move on. 
    Without going back to look at the video didn't MS say contract talks in Feb & LB & agent agree with that. Well obviously LB & agent don't agree with that ....... not a good start.
    As for possible signing asking how long LB would be there didn't this cross everyone's mind as soon as MS said this in the interview ? Half season ? Think I'll wait until the summer :-) 
  • Options
    Well,that hasn't taken long before the "it's all going tits up" stories/rumours started to appear.

Never a dull moment at CAFC!
  • Options
    Backhand volley from Bowyer.
    What will ESI come back with? An offer? It'll have to be a good one? He's not scared of going to the press if it doesn't match up.

Nimer may be reluctant bearing in mind Bowyers recent record.
    Southall having to show his mettle early on.

This club!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    It is intriguing. As it stands:
    ESI withdrew Lyle's offer. One of his requests was confirmation Bowyer was staying. ESI are not interested in tieing up Bowyer until after the window. They agreed it with his agent. But Bowyer wants his future sorted now.
    Someone's not telling the truth.
    What you say is true, but your conclusion is unsound. ESI agreed with Bows agent to deal with in February. Bows has told his agent he wants it done now and pull your finger out as it makes my job more difficult. No lies. No untruths. 

Everyone wants it it done so it will be. 
    Surely the agent wouldn't agree to delay until Feb without consulting LB especially when ESI plainly said the first thing we want to do when we takeover is sign up LB & LT to new contracts.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    If Bowyer is expecting a contract by the end of the month I would of thought a draft would have been provided by now. Maybe Bowyer is ensuring something is in a place so that negotiations can be concluded by the end of the month or before. Negotiating with players and being able to say “there is a contract, just working out the details” is a lot better than “haven’t seen anything yet”.

Lets hope the narrative has changed after Saturday when hopefully Charlton and Lee’s agent are agreeing details and not just starting.
  • Options
    I get the feeling Lee was happy to leave his own contract to after the window, simply to free up his and the clubs very busy schedule, but as the player negotiations have begun, it has become apparent that players are apprehensive or even totally put off signing. 
    This. A lot can happen/change in a week.
    Except that isn't what has happened. Bear in mind that if it was Lee could have gone to MS and said, "you know what, I've changed my mind. Let's do the deal now and it will be a nice surprise for the fans". Instead of which he has given the story to the local paper, knowing there is media stuff this afternoon, so that Southall has to respond to it publicly and if no deal is reached at the weekend the new administration will come under further pressure from fans to explain why not.

He is effectively saying to Southall: "Don't think you can take the piss."

Southall: We’ve met on a few occasions. We've had… we've had some good time together so I could kind of portray to him what our longterm ambitions are. That's important for him as well. You know he wants to know that the new ownership coming in are going in the right direction, have got got the right vision. I've spoken with his agent. And what we decided, for now, obviously being in January, is to focus on the playing side of things and try and tie that up after the window. I'm comfortable with that. And like I say I think the main thing for me is ensuring that the club stays in the Championship. And then obviously we can take each day as it comes from there.

So you're saying what Southall said in bold is a lie? Or since MS gave this interview, Bowyer has gone to Southall to get things done and he's been told no?
    You could take the statement above in bold to be ESI telling LB's agent the score, it does not mean the agent or LB accepted it.
  • Options
    Gallen won't rush any recruitment until the LB status is confirmed by Matt Sugary Southall 
  • Options
    ESI withdrew Lyle's offer. One of his requests was confirmation Bowyer was staying. ESI are not interested in tieing up Bowyer until after the window. They agreed it with his agent. But Bowyer wants his future sorted now.
    It was Bow who wasn’t interested in tying up a deal until after the January window, ostensibly because he wanted to see how much he was backed in the transfer window.....perfectly understandable.
    However, it’s become clear that thought process was going to cause problems with potential targets.....once again perfectly understandable.
    Can’t understand people suggesting there’s some kind of a rift......some people aren’t happy without letting their doom and gloom attitudes from the last 5 years carry over to this new era. :/
    Did LB actually say this because I don't remember reading it anywhere except in a post on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was Bow who wasn’t interested in tying up a deal until after the January window, ostensibly because he wanted to see how much he was backed in the transfer window.....perfectly understandable.
    However, it’s become clear that thought process was going to cause problems with potential targets.....once again perfectly understandable.
    Can’t understand people suggesting there’s some kind of a rift......some people aren’t happy without letting their doom and gloom attitudes from the last 5 years carry over to this new era. :/
    Did LB actually say this because I don't remember reading it anywhere except in a post on here.
    No he hasn't said it.
  • Options
    It's the same issue Murray and Curbs had. Players wanted to know who the manager would be. Reasonable request I say and it's why Bowyer has to be a priority.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Main football priorities for ESI

1. Secure the services of Lee Bowyer
    2. Secure the services of Lyle Taylor
    3. Provide adequate finance to allow Gallen to sign sufficient manpower in Jan window to stay up.

I know it's only day seven but I would like to have seen some progress on this.  More important than making sugary PR videos and kissing babies. 
    I'm worried about the lack of money being offered to targets and Lyle. 
    But is that just ESI knowing that the targets prices are now being inflated as a result of the takeover and they dont want to be mugged off?
  • Options
    MarkyE83 said:
    If Bowyer is expecting a contract by the end of the month I would of thought a draft would have been provided by now. Maybe Bowyer is ensuring something is in a place so that negotiations can be concluded by the end of the month or before. Negotiating with players and being able to say “there is a contract, just working out the details” is a lot better than “haven’t seen anything yet”.

Lets hope the narrative has changed after Saturday when hopefully Charlton and Lee’s agent are agreeing details and not just starting.
    A draft exists - it's called an LMA Contract! All that needs to be added is the salary, term of contract, and termination clause details. Benefits (car, health etc...) and any bonus structure would be in an addendum or side letter.

So the only key areas for agreement are how much, how long, and how much if it goes tits up! 
  • Options
    Think it’s just exactly the point bowyers making his talking to players and there all saying your contract isn’t sorted I’m not signing to you are.how many of the players signed since lee has been in charge have said one of the reasons they signed was him. 
    The original plan from MS was first thing sort out bowyers contract 
  • Options
    I think this may be a negotiation thing. I suspect Southall being new to the role, and in fact this type of role, will be keen to show his bosses how financially prudent he is. so may have shown some inexperience and tried to negotiate overly hard over Bow and possibly Lyle too.

Not too late to rectify. But needs decisive action to sort it.
  • Options
    Think it’s just exactly the point bowyers making his talking to players and there all saying your contract isn’t sorted I’m not signing to you are.how many of the players signed since lee has been in charge have said one of the reasons they signed was him. 
    The original plan from MS was first thing sort out bowyers contract 
    Call me an old cynic, but pretty much every new signing at pretty much every football club says something similar. Nothing to do with the money of course!
  • Options
    MarkyE83 said:

don't forget he agreed his last contract in a phone call ….
  • Options
    Your a cynic lees never had any money to sign players Lyle was offered more money from Sunderland apparently 
  • Options
    Bow's not really had a proper contract since he took over but that hasn't stopped players signing ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    At least its shows a bit of passion from Lee, he gets his point out there, ' don't take me for granted' i'm looking for stability as well as the players, its a starting shot , we don't need a side show going on around the West Brom game, c'mon Lee gurd the loins of the Charlton players for Saturday, make them play out of their skins for you, give West Brom, a right good slap round the face, and upset the odds, show the 'new' owners they need you!
  • Options
    Bow's not really had a proper contract since he took over but that hasn't stopped players signing ...
    Not necessarily, we don’t know if we missed out on players higher up on our list because Bowyer wasn’t signed up on a long term contract.
  • Options
    anyone who's been Bowyer watching since his new career will know he speaks his mind, and he's been extremely patient as well as a very talented promising manager..
  • Options
    Let’s not forget that back in the summer, our esteemed former owner proclaimed that he couldn’t come to an agreement with LB and that was it. Two hours later he’d signed a new contract. So until LB walks away, I’m taking this all with a very large pinch of salt. I think MS has a verbal agreement with LB to wait until the end of the window but now something has come up which makes it more advantageous to get it done sooner or later? I’m relaxed. LB will still be our manager at the end of the season. The future’s bright, the future is red n white 
  • Options
    I’m scared now. 
  • Options
    He's not demanding.

Clickbait.
    Exactly.

"Matt has agreed".

Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    It may be that MS realises Bowyer's strengths but his boss who is less bothered by the detail demands to be impressed before we commit to the manager.