Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*******Bowyer SIGNED 3 YEAR DEAL (page 27 onwards )******

Comments

• Options
    just been told the sticking point  on LB contract is he wont sign until  Ackworth is signed up to work alongside Gallen  and that it is Ackworth  that is stalling and holding it all up
    Ackworth wants an extra 1k per week.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:

one comment on that underneath from the legendary J. Ackworth Esq :

'groundhog day when it comes to the transfer window Charlton just sit back do sweet f all and panic right on the final day to please fans this situation at the club has to stop we must be the only club have signed one player ffs!!! I would like the new owners to have a complete re think re vamp of the entire recruitment policy at the club as its gone very stail under the current set up needs freshening up a bit I was the one who recommended bonne to Charlton and I think me and gallen working together would work wonders and freshen things up a bit on player recruitment we need the pride back being a Charlton supporter come on board make this work lets look at the best players available from league one and two I have already past on 20 recommendations from eoin doyle to zeki fryers so no excuses we need at least 6 including new keeper and back 4 immedietly'

The airwaves haven't been booming with a flurry of clubs doing business. The odd player signs here and there but half the damn league probably hasn't signed more than 1 or 2 at this stage 
    Half the League haven't got *8,000 injuries and *25 loanees going back to their clubs

*Slight exaggeration in numbers but you get my drift !
    Fair, and though desperate I know all of us are, if we go into player negotiations desperate and throw money at any player who comes calling, the other clubs are gonna jack the prices even more than usual, I wouldn't call that sustainable business. Laying in the weeds, waiting for the right player to become available, and getting him at the right price when will happen with patience. Maddison didn't come because his agent wanted an extra 1k a week for him. SG told Southall that he wasn't worth it. 

After tomorrow, we do not have another game until after the window closes. I think that's a pretty good position to be in if we want to get deals done
    The player wanting an extra £1k a week wasn’t Maddison.
    I had assumed that from the article but it never actually mentioned the player. Do you know who it was?
    No, but the interview took place on the day of the West Brom league game (11th) and news of our bid being accepted for Maddison was two days later.
    Their chairman dropped the news that day and he did mention that he didn't want to keep the fan base in the dark or something along those lines. Which implies to me he didn't tweet the same day it happened. I feel like the wage thing was definitely Maddison as it ties in with the failing of agreement with a midfielder and if it wasn't him we would at least have an idea of who it was instead 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:

'groundhog day when it comes to the transfer window Charlton just sit back do sweet f all and panic right on the final day to please fans this situation at the club has to stop we must be the only club have signed one player ffs!!! I would like the new owners to have a complete re think re vamp of the entire recruitment policy at the club as its gone very stail under the current set up needs freshening up a bit I was the one who recommended bonne to Charlton and I think me and gallen working together would work wonders and freshen things up a bit on player recruitment we need the pride back being a Charlton supporter come on board make this work lets look at the best players available from league one and two I have already past on 20 recommendations from eoin doyle to zeki fryers so no excuses we need at least 6 including new keeper and back 4 immedietly'

The airwaves haven't been booming with a flurry of clubs doing business. The odd player signs here and there but half the damn league probably hasn't signed more than 1 or 2 at this stage 
    Half the League haven't got *8,000 injuries and *25 loanees going back to their clubs

Fair, and though desperate I know all of us are, if we go into player negotiations desperate and throw money at any player who comes calling, the other clubs are gonna jack the prices even more than usual, I wouldn't call that sustainable business. Laying in the weeds, waiting for the right player to become available, and getting him at the right price when will happen with patience. Maddison didn't come because his agent wanted an extra 1k a week for him. SG told Southall that he wasn't worth it. 

After tomorrow, we do not have another game until after the window closes. I think that's a pretty good position to be in if we want to get deals done
    I had assumed that from the article but it never actually mentioned the player. Do you know who it was?
    No, but the interview took place on the day of the West Brom league game (11th) and news of our bid being accepted for Maddison was two days later.
    Their chairman dropped the news that day and he did mention that he didn't want to keep the fan base in the dark or something along those lines. Which implies to me he didn't tweet the same day it happened. I feel like the wage thing was definitely Maddison as it ties in with the failing of agreement with a midfielder and if it wasn't him we would at least have an idea of who it was instead 
    I’m sure it’s not Maddison, all the talk is about us looking at signing him again later on in the window. Saying a player isn’t worth an extra £1k a week sounds like we’ve completely pulled out of any attempt to sign that player.
  • Options
    just been told the sticking point  on LB contract is he wont sign until  Ackworth is signed up to work alongside Gallen  and that it is Ackworth  that is stalling and holding it all up
    Now that really did make me laugh bert.....nice one. :):):)
  • Options
    spoke to a fellow Addick on the blower today, he made a frightening but pertinent comment .. I slightly paraphrase .. 'at most clubs the manager would be sacked given our current form' .. I emphasise he was not suggesting that Bowyer should be sacked, he's just making an observation .. BUT, I do wonder what is in the mind of our 'new owners' (if owners they be) re Bowyer's position and his future .. at this time, nothing would surprise me
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:

I’m sure it’s not Maddison, all the talk is about us looking at signing him again later on in the window. Saying a player isn’t worth an extra £1k a week sounds like we’ve completely pulled out of any attempt to sign that player.
    I see what you are saying about the timing it's just we have had no snippet on who else it could be, either way they must be pretty poor hopefully to not be worth an extra grand a week**
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:

I see what you are saying about the timing it's just we have had no snippet on who else it could be, either way they must be pretty poor hopefully to not be worth an extra grand a year
    Surely it’s 50 grand a year not one
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:

I see what you are saying about the timing it's just we have had no snippet on who else it could be, either way they must be pretty poor hopefully to not be worth an extra grand a year
    Surely it’s 50 grand a year not one

surely it's 52 not 50
    50, holiday pay is not in the contracts.
  • Options
    Should have left all this until after the transfer window 😉
  • Options
    CAFC twitter just posted a photo of a contract addressed to Bowyer with the caption 🖊👀

Think we all know what this means...
  • Options
    Bowyer has signed a new contract! 
  • Options
    3 year deal 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad that's sorted. Now get some bodies through the door.
  • Options
    5yrs>>3yrs.....
  • Options
    Our journey continues. 
    Great news 
  • Options
    Finally!

Now get that headline changed! :)