Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*******Bowyer SIGNED 3 YEAR DEAL (page 27 onwards )******

Comments

• To be fair to ESI it made sense to sort Bowyer's contract out once the window closed - It meant that they could all focus on bringing in players as there is a deadline of 31st January that has to be met before we cant do that anymore

Worst case scenario we had until the summer to sort out his Contract

This player though has just thrown a spanner in their plans and has made everyone realise its not going to be as simple as that!!

Should ESI / Bowyer have thought of that before now? - Yes!!...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I said after the interview that I was okay with Southall making mistakes provided he explain them and that they're learnt from, after all he's not going to be perfect as he's a young man coming into a role he's never done before
    Not when potential new signings want to see the manager's position it doesn't. 

Also, it doesn't take long for Bows to agree to a contract. I am with him, get it done and move on. 
  • To be fair to ESI it made sense to sort Bowyer's contract out once the window closed - It meant that they could all focus on bringing in players as there is a deadline of 31st January that has to be met before we cant do that anymore

This player though has just thrown a spanner in their plans and has made everyone realise its not going to be as simple as that!!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I said after the interview that I was okay with Southall making mistakes provided he explain them and that they're learnt from, after all he's not going to be perfect as he's a young man coming into a role he's never done before

Also, it doesn't take long for Bows to agree to a contract. I am with him, get it done and move on. 
    No but as I went on to say... It make sense if they didnt think that Bowyer's contract was going to be an issue

No but as I went on to say... It make sense if they didnt think that Bowyer's contract was going to be an issue
    I don't think it ever did to be honest but I sort of understand where they were coming from. My gut still says they are not 100% on offering him a new deal. 
  • SLP sensationalism, nowhere in Bows quotes are there demands.
  • The fact that bow has had to come out in the press and say this in this way is what's worrying me. 

Suggests everything is  ot harmonious behind the scenes. 

Need extra loud "Lee Bowyers red army" on saturday
  • It is intriguing. As it stands:
    ESI withdrew Lyle's offer. One of his requests was confirmation Bowyer was staying. ESI are not interested in tieing up Bowyer until after the window. They agreed it with his agent. But Bowyer wants his future sorted now.
    Someone's not telling the truth.
  • If this was from a sports reporter rather than Toby Porter, contibuter to muck raker, and without many sports news stories to his name, it might have some credence.
    Spot on.
    But they’ll be more of it now Richards father has passed away.
  • edited January 2020
  • Sponsored links:

• If this was from a sports reporter rather than Toby Porter, contibuter to muck raker, and without many sports news stories to his name, it might have some credence.
    Spot on.
    TBF there are some direct quotes on there so can't completely disregard it out of hand.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Intresting that this isn't Cawley's artical.  He often "gets off the phone with LB" and makes a point or clarification about a transfer rumour or injury.

It appears now that he is go to man for ESI.  And there 1st choice for announcements, above the clubs official lines of comms. 

Not sure if it matters or not tbh. 
    Unfortunately Richards father has passed away.
    He won’t be their ‘go to man’ for some time now.
     I will be interested to see what they think of Toby ‘Millwall’ Porter now though.
  • Pretty sure this is a non story. I have no doubt that ESI will have Bowyer signed up by the end of the window. Bowyer wants a new contract, and rightly so. Southall has said he wants Bowyer signed up.  I don’t really see where the problem is? Just because ESI haven’t spent £15m on players or sorted contracts, seems to be an automatic cue for meltdown. 
  • can't blame Bowyer at all .. he was fucked around by Duchatelet, has worked his socks off for the club to get promotion and a semblance of stability and so far from the new mob all there has been is PR splurge and chat. YES, it's early days, but the early days are slipping past. Sign Bowyer now ESI or I wouldn't be at all surprised if he took the next good offer to come his way. This goes for Jackson and Gallen as well.
  • Pretty sure this is a non story. I have no doubt that ESI will have Bowyer signed up by the end of the window. Bowyer wants a new contract, and rightly so. Southall has said he wants Bowyer signed up.  I don’t really see where the problem is? Just because ESI haven’t spent £15m on players or sorted contracts, seems to be an automatic cue for meltdown. 
     It contradicts what Southall said the other day. 
    Spot on.
    TBF there are some direct quotes on there so can't completely disregard it out of hand.
    I get that but anything can be made out of direct quotes.
    Theres a skill to this journalism you know 😜
  • It is intriguing. As it stands:
    ESI withdrew Lyle's offer. One of his requests was confirmation Bowyer was staying. ESI are not interested in tieing up Bowyer until after the window. They agreed it with his agent. But Bowyer wants his future sorted now.
    Someone's not telling the truth.
    What you say is true, but your conclusion is unsound. ESI agreed with Bows agent to deal with in February. Bows has told his agent he wants it done now and pull your finger out as it makes my job more difficult. No lies. No untruths. 

Everyone wants it it done so it will be. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Quite clear that both parties were prepared to wait until after the January window, however the picture changed once they realised that potential signings were going to be uncertain if Bow might not be staying.
    Interesting and somewhat encouraging that Taylor is of the same mindset.
    All round pleasing bit of news.
    This 👏🏻
  • WE WANT ESI OUT SAY WE WANT ESI OUT 
  • The article starts with "The Addicks boss has been told by new chairman Matt Southall they will not talk about his deal until the end of this month’s transfer window" but the rest of the article is littered with quotes indicating that MS has agreed to meeting up with LB and his agent and getting the contract sorted asap.

So why has LB put this in the public domain?

Presumably because he doesn't want to give MS any leg room so far as timescales are concerned. So, whilst the word "demands" is probably a bit of an exaggeration, I think we can safely assume that LB is not in the mood to be mucked around and is cute enough to use the article to make that very point.

• There is something here that doesn't ring true. MS was a players' agent and therefore should know what players are looking for when moving clubs and surely management stability is one of those things. So for MS to state in his interview that LB's contract would be sorted after the window closes just is not sense unless you take the view that the owners are not sure of LB.

OK originally they made all the correct noises to LB when there was the possibility that he would go to Cardiff, but then they would wouldn't they as the last thing that they would have wanted would be for the management team to walk while they were buying the club.

In MS I do not trust (so far)

Remember that when the Belgium purchased the club we were happy until he sold our star striker and sacked the manager
    After he's already stated he wants to give Bowyer a contract, to then go back on it would be a sure-fire way to ruin any relationship with the fans that he has started building. Just doesn't make sense and would be about as bad as start to the new regime as could be. 
  • I'm a bit confused with all of this.  Matt has said it will be done at the end of the month - everyone seems confident that this is the case and the way forward.  What I don't get is that it is obvious players have joined in the past based on the Bowyer being here so there is absolutely no reason to doubt that the same conversations would be happening now.  So, as the article states, it makes sense to sort Bowyer's contract out right away.  

That surprised me the other day and the fact today's article is at odds with Matt's interview is a bit strange.

The next thing I don't get is that Lyle has, apparently, been told he can leave s o I am not sure what relevance he has in this discussion.  

This isn't the first time Bowyer has said something that isn't perfectly aligned with Matt & ESI.....hopefully I am being cynical
  • No problem here. If both parties want this to be done let’s get it done. 

With Roland pissing Lee around for last 18 months I wouldn’t want to wait another three weeks either to sort my contract out. 

• I assume the MS interview regarding Lee's  contract didn't fit in with the understanding Lee was given, so LB has called it.  I hope just a misunderstanding.  Not a clever move for Matt to let Bowyer go and lose the fans day one figuratively. 

I don't think Matt is that stupid, the last owner played that one and that worked out well didn't it.