Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry and Meghan

Hats off to Harry and Meghan for their decision to go their own way and make their home partly in Canada (and be self sufficient).  I have huge respect for HM but less for Charles and have doubts about the future of the monarchy when the Queen dies.

Comments

• Agree. Good luck to them 
  • Fair play to them, hope the rest follow suit. 
  • Someone wears the trousers in that household and it ain’t Harry. Not saying that’s a bad thing but good luck to them 
  • Sponsored links:

• I presume they will retain Frogmore Cottage and the privileges they quite like.  It seems to me that one wants one's cake and one wants to eat it too.
    Said they are going to be financially independent. 
  • se9addick said:
    I presume they will retain Frogmore Cottage and the privileges they quite like.  It seems to me that one wants one's cake and one wants to eat it too.
    Not quite. Said will work towards becoming financially independent.

If anything like my kids, he will never achieve that.
    True, I’m 34, own my own house and work in the City but still ask my parents for money when they ask what I want for Birthdays and Christmas !
  • se9addick said:
    I presume they will retain Frogmore Cottage and the privileges they quite like.  It seems to me that one wants one's cake and one wants to eat it too.

And that of course will depend on their level of outgoings. Live in a small flat and shop in the Canadian version of Aldi, and becoming financially independent will be easy. Live in a big house in the nicest part of town, dress glamorously (as people would expect them to) and enjoy life on the town, then that's a massive difference
  • I see Harry is going "to work towards becoming financially independent".  Somehow suspect that will take him a lifetime to achieve and he will still be receiving a nice little hand out for years to come.

Will also be interesting to see if they are keen to leave all their perks and privileges behind.  
    Reality TV perhaps? - We all know how much the Americans are fascinated about the Royal Family over here
  • se9addick said:

And that of course will depend on their level of outgoings. Live in a small flat and shop in the Canadian version of Aldi, and becoming financially independent will be easy. Live in a big house in the nicest part of town, dress glamorously (as people would expect them to) and enjoy life on the town, then that's a massive difference
    Plus the round the clock close protection team they'll need to employ...
  • I’m sure they’ll never be short of a few quid whatever they wanna do. Can’t blame them for wanting to get away from our shit rags tho.
    You really think the rags will leave them alone now?
  • edited January 8
    Cannot wait for more news on a vapid Hollywood drama queen and the ginger "son" of our next Monach...

Deep joy!

Liz rules anyway and when she goes bless her, the rest of them can do one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Statement says UK and North America - not Canada.
  • maybe Harry will get a part alongside Meghan in Suits?

Good luck to them though.
  • Good luck to them... Let's hope that's the last we hear from them... Don't give a toss whether their royalty or not. Their tedious in my view... 
  • Don't blame them.  Notice they did it after their multi million pound home renovations though, and will only 'work towards' stopping living off other people's money. 

Can't be bad. 
  • Isn’t she a famous actress worth millions? 

That’s your little family self sufficient, off you fuck.