Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who owns the Valley? - The Ownership Thread

Comments

• Seems this is one question that remains unanswered. 
  • Chizz said:
    Seems this is one question that remains unanswered. 
    If ESI don't own it, one would assume Roland does, unless he has flogged it to someone else. 
  • David “Kid” Jensen
  • Take a look at the Southall CAST interview thread (or read interview) - ESI do not own Valley or Sparrows.......
  • Not read this thread before as didn't think it was going to be an issue. Hmmmmm. One of the things I remember from maybe his first presser was him saying he would sometimes make decisions we didn't like but it would be for the benefit of taking the club forward. I was thinking of him maybe meaning selling Taylor. I am almost hoping that is all he meant. Please Olly tell him he needs to explain in more detail what has/is/ will be going on in relation to the Valley.
  • We have just rid of one mob telling porkies....
  • Surely there is a conclusive answer. I don't want a spiv answer. Just in black and white who owns what. If the ground wasn't bought from Roland why not. Is there a buyout clause. I thought that the ground could only be used as a sporting arena and was of public interest. When did that cease to be the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• One question.

Do you own 100% of The Valley?  That can only give a yes or no answer.
  • One question.

Or:  "When you say "you" who do you mean?"
  • One question.

Define “The Valley”
    Define “own”
    Define “you”

Do ESI have clear title ownership, with no liens or leases, of both the land and structures that comprise the valley?

And just for safety’s sake. 

Can you confirm that Roland Duchatelet has no shares or other ownership stake in ESI?

if we want explicit answers, we need to ask explicit questions. And we need to have explicit follow up questions ready if the answer is not an unequivocal “yes”. 
  • Surely there is a conclusive answer. I don't want a spiv answer. Just in black and white who owns what. If the ground wasn't bought from Roland why not. Is there a buyout clause. I thought that the ground could only be used as a sporting arena and was of public interest. When did that cease to be the case.
    It is still the case, just people scaremongering.
  • There may be a contractual obligation to purchase the Valley & Sparrows (the holding company owning those assets)  but contractual obligations are easily changed or amended and can be hard to enforce if they are ignored.

Something seems odd here.
  • edited January 2020
    What happens if ESI decline their contractual obligation or even fold? Did EFL satisfy themselves that he money is there to meet that obligation? Hopefully there are re-assuring answers to those questions - there may well be. I would like to hear them though. I think most of us agree that Roland was asking for a lot more than the assets were worth as a football club, but he seems to have kept hold of those and lost the football club bit.
  • One question.

Define “The Valley”
    Define “own”
    Define “you”

Do ESI have clear title ownership, with no liens or leases, of both the land and structures that comprise the valley?

And just for safety’s sake. 

Can you confirm that Roland Duchatelet has no shares or other ownership stake in ESI?

if we want explicit answers, we need to ask explicit questions. And we need to have explicit follow up questions ready if the answer is not an unequivocal “yes”. 

By not getting a straight answer that would become a no.
  • What happens if ESI decline their contractual obligation or even fold? Did EFL satisfy themselves that he money is there to meet that obligation? Hopefully there are re-assuring answers to those questions - there may well be. I would like to hear them though.

We're in the brown stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• There’s no questions need answering

this is the biggest problem people poking their noses where it’s not needed 

If people stop looking for negative news stories to break to feel important you will all feel better in the long run 

disagree. this is a fundamental question. first he says they bought The Valley with Sparrows Lane to follow. now he says that currently they have bought neither. if that doesn't bother you then fine but it sure as hell bothers me. 

Finding all that out in the first 2 months is important why 

There’s bitterness and trouble making a foot 

fall for it at your peril 

If people stop looking for negative news stories to break to feel important you will all feel better in the long run 

disagree. this is a fundamental question. first he says they bought The Valley with Sparrows Lane to follow. now he says that currently they have bought neither. if that doesn't bother you then fine but it sure as hell bothers me. 

Why has he changed what he said?

ESI to date have likely put no money at all into the club. In 2 weeks except for the loan signing of Greene, they have achieved nothing but separate club from land assets, not even sign Bowyer to a new contract despite that being a stated objective from 6 weeks ago and Bowyers desire. 

I think it entirely understandable questions are coming out rather than blind optimism.  

Doesn't meand people don't still have hope they are the real deal, doesn't mean it is negative and doesn't mean people are bed wetters.  MS said he would always be honest with fans and explain decisions so it is only fair to give him that chance.

Things would suggest so far Southall has not been totally honest.
  • You have nothing to worry about 

• You have nothing to worry about 

Why not come out with the ownership state of affairs straight off the bat then mate?

We are a very wounded animal. They've done plenty of talking. Time to start walking.
  • I’m (almost) with @AFKABartram on this. It’s not an issue until it’s time to conclude that part of the deal. 

I’m just slightly concerned that after supposedly looking at how the fanbase has been “misled” by prior owners, and stating they want to fix that, they start out by once again misleading the fans. Deliberately or not, it just reminds us of what we thought we’d just got rid of.