Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Ledley - training with Bristol Rovers (p12)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I suspect he will now leave without playing again. 

A fully fit Ledley would have been a better option than Oshilija. However I cannot complain after Beckensarr's equaliser. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Richard J said:
    I suspect he will now leave without playing again. 

A fully fit Ledley would have been a better option than Oshilija. However I cannot complain after Beckensarr's winner. 
    Admire your optimism but wasn’t a winner unfortunately...
    Sorry. 

It felt like a winner.
    I have  now corrected my earlier post. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    If he is not match fit, he should have been playing for U23s. A Driesen signing?
  • Options
    Originally I thought this was a sensible signing on the basis he had apparently been training with Cardiff and I assumed he would at least be able to come on for the last 20 minutes or so of certain games, perhaps to ease Pratley’s workload. Also to be less reliant on inexperienced youngsters. Having only played for 45 minutes at Boro and not a minute since, it feels like this hasn’t worked out how LB envisaged it might.
  • Options
    I can see why he didn’t come on at the weekend with us chasing the game but was surprised he wasn’t used vs Hull. If we’re 1-0 up with 15 minutes to go vs Brizzle I suspect we may see him. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I hope he is now eased into action. 

I still think it was the right move to bring him in, but I was staggered to see him start. 

I wonder whether Joe really wants to try to be a late contender for Wales's Euro Qualification or whether we are just a stop off to get fit for a MLS move?

He was linked with Chicago Fire a couple of weeks ago but I hope it is the former and he makes an impact in this month.
    Looks like it might be the MLS option. 

Cawley says he has a move lined up in February. 
  • Options
    Not surprised there were rumours he was off to the MLS before he signed for us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is what it is. We are desperate and he is an available body. He will either do us a turn or we will find out very quickly why he has been without a club since January and didn’t cut it with Derby. I hope for the former but suspect the latter I’m afraid. 
    Don’t like to say I told you so......what a waste of time that was. 
  • Options
    An odd signing 
  • Options
    The most odd thing was that he started the first game then hasn't played a minute since. You'd have thought he'd maybe not play to begin with but be starting matches now. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    The most odd thing was that he started the first game then hasn't played a minute since. You'd have thought he'd maybe not play to begin with but be starting matches now. 
    Yeah really weird. And we were told how fit he was. A signing we’ll quickly forget. 
  • Options
    He might still play in the next couple of matches....
  • Options
    Up there with the Reuben Agboola one game career for us.
  • Options
    He might as well not be on the bench. 
  • Options
    Might need him for Monday.
  • Options

Has the verruca fallen off 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I have a verruca.
  • Options

I have a verruca.
    Try singing that ABBA stylee...😁
  • Options
    Anyway thanks for the memories you stripey bollock!
  • Options
    any idea when his short-term contract runs out? still might need him in the squad for the next couple of games
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    any idea when his short-term contract runs out? still might need him in the squad for the next couple of games
    Signed 6th December and I’m sure I read after it was a months contract so I’d imagine the 5th Jan.
  • Options

I have a verruca.
    Try singing that ABBA stylee...😁
    I haaaavvvvee a verrrrrruccccccaaaaa
  • Options
    Pointless signing
  • Options
    All Driesens fault 

• Options
    "it's down to me now to find a club and play as many games as I can. My boy is two, he's into his football and he wants to watch me play for my country and at a club as well."

Our midfield couldn't have been much weaker and he couldn't get in it, surely there was effort missing in training for him not to have been involved.