Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Ledley - training with Bristol Rovers (p12)

Comments

• Options
    Just me that thought this was our new signing?

Image result for ledley king

With his injury record he'd fit in perfectly right now.

But I'm happier with the man with Ledley as a surname
  • Options
    From what I have seen in the past, Joe can certainly add a bit of bite in the middle of the park. And, with his experience, he can help close down games - just look how many late goals we have conceded lately. Welcome aboard the no longer sinking Charlton ship, Joe.
  • Options
    Was the only sports news item on the late BBC 1 Wales news but the presenter could not pronounce Charlton. 1 month deal.
  • Options
    One month deal = cover until we get our injured players back and if he does well in the meantime, offer him longer subject to the potential takeover and January budget.
  • Options
    With Wiiams injured and much of our squad pre puberty,  this will at least address our acute shortage of decent beards. 
    Best beard since Derek Hales? 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    With Wiiams injured and much of our squad pre puberty,  this will at least address our acute shortage of decent beards. 
    Best beard since Derek Hales? 
    certainly better than this effort

Image result for ben charlton leicester
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    More delusional rubbish. He just read a rumour and guessed at it being either Ledley or Jedinak. Hardly an inside scoop.

He also suggested we should sign Shelvey and Adrian in January. Yeah because i can really see Adrian leaving Liverpool for Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    I’m just glad Bowyer listened when acworth said we should sign Ledley. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I thought it was Hedley (Blazing Saddles). 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Uob_PJMTU
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Rob said:
    I’m happy with this. He’s an older player with pedigree. Bowyer likes him so that’s alright with me. Apparently been keeping fit. Will be a big asset for us over the next month or so. Perfect back up for Pratley. 
    Welcome Joe. 
    Plus he knows the other Welsh lads so he'll be able to settle in easily.
    England isn’t that culturally different mate!
    No but apparently he got so used to the Chinese way of life whilst in Glasgow, and has got confused regarding his dragon identity.
  • Options
    I hope he is now eased into action. 

I still think it was the right move to bring him in, but I was staggered to see him start. 

I wonder whether Joe really wants to try to be a late contender for Wales's Euro Qualification or whether we are just a stop off to get fit for a MLS move?

He was linked with Chicago Fire a couple of weeks ago but I hope it is the former and he makes an impact in this month.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I hope he is now eased into action. 

I still think it was the right move to bring him in, but I was staggered to see him start. 

I wonder whether Joe really wants to try to be a late contender for Wales's Euro Qualification or whether we are just a stop off to get fit for a MLS move?

He was linked with Chicago Fire a couple of weeks ago but I hope it is the former and he makes an impact in this month.
    It's surely no coincidence that Wales qualify and then 1-2 weeks later he's got himself a club. For him, a Euro place surely has to be the aim.
  • Options
    Signing is concerning me a little

His lack of involvement against Huddersfield made me think he would be utilised today but didnt start

Fair enough, didnt want to go too defensive yet when Oshilaja came on alarm bells started ringing

Kept looking over to the bench and didnt once see him warming up thereafter (or even beforehand) tonight, nor do I recall him doing anything on Tuesday

Makes me wonder if Bowyer isnt impressed and is using him in extreme emergencies (i.e. if Pratley AND Oshilaja get injured)
  • Options
    Yep. Not good signs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

His lack of involvement against Huddersfield made me think he would be utilised today but didnt start

Fair enough, didnt want to go too defensive yet when Oshilaja came on alarm bells started ringing

Kept looking over to the bench and didnt once see him warming up thereafter (or even beforehand) tonight, nor do I recall him doing anything on Tuesday

Makes me wonder if Bowyer isnt impressed and is using him in extreme emergencies (i.e. if Pratley AND Oshilaja get injured)

He must have impressed during initial training but it was obvious from last week that he was far from match fit. Bowyer obviously now realises this (a week late) and has probably just moved him back a step or two but I expect to see him play over the busy period coming up. We needed bodies, experienced ones, and he was available.
  • Options
    Being paid to keep the bench warm.
  • Options

He must have impressed during initial training but it was obvious from last week that he was far from match fit. Bowyer obviously now realises this (a week late) and has probably just moved him back a step or two but I expect to see him play over the busy period coming up. We needed bodies, experienced ones, and he was available.
    If he wasn't fit a week ago at Middlesbrough, then surely after playing 45 minutes and also training this week then he'd be at a better point with his fitness now.

Even if you put him on for just the last 10-15 minutes then his experience would help close out a game. 
  • Options
    He was warming up from about 75 minutes onwards and took off one of his layers at one point, got called back by someone in the dugout and it looked to me he would come on for the final 5 minutes or so. I think they decided against it for one reason to another.

It’s odd how he wasn’t used, at all, even to just be brought on at 94 minutes, stop the game, slow it down, frustrate them and see the game out. Loads of teams do that on a regular basis. Instead, we don’t and didn’t. 
  • Options
    Oshilaja was also brought on because Matthews was on a booking and had made another foul. Bowyer didn’t want to take him off as it would mean disrupting the defence, so he brought on Deji for a tiring Morgan to help protect Matthews. That change had nothing to do with Ledley.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    He was warming up from about 75 minutes onwards and took off one of his layers at one point, got called back by someone in the dugout and it looked to me he would come on for the final 5 minutes or so. I think they decided against it for one reason to another.

It’s odd how he wasn’t used, at all, even to just be brought on at 94 minutes, stop the game, slow it down, frustrate them and see the game out. Loads of teams do that on a regular basis. Instead, we don’t and didn’t. 
    With the way we have been finishing games off you’d think mixing it up with a super late injury time sub would be a try something different approach worth a punt because what we’re doing atm isn’t working .
  • Options
    Sage said:

With the way we have been finishing games off you’d think mixing it up with a super late injury time sub would be a try something different approach worth a punt because what we’re doing atm isn’t working .
    100%. I think we need to be a bit more street wise or use a few older tricks at times. Sometimes going into the final 5-10 minutes of games, we are a bit naive. I’m not saying it would’ve changed the result last night, but often teams do it and it breaks up the momentum further and game just fizzles out.
  • Options
    It makes the decision to start him at Boro even stranger. If a player lacks match fitness, bringing them on for the last 20 gives them a better chance as the other players on the pitch will be tired at that point
  • Options
    I have always been a fan of his (even when at Palace). If anyone had said were signing him in the last ten years I would have been excited.

Have we got a U23 he could play in this week? 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I have always been a fan of his (even when at Palace). If anyone had said were signing him in the last ten years I would have been excited.

Have we got a U23 he could play in this week? 
    Colchester away