Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Ledley - training with Bristol Rovers (p12)

Comments

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    Simonsen said:
    Definitely a Charlton legend - shortest ever Charlton career?
    Alan Davies and Omar Pouso both had 45 min careers.

Tom Hovi had two appearances but only managed 36 mins....

Karim Bagheri takes the award for me....17 mins. 
    Iain Ferguson managed 45 mins away at Derby in 1989.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iain_Ferguson
    Think he played the whole game. I went to that one..  I thought he looked ok. 
    I went as well, I was pretty sure it was 45 mins - however it was 31 years ago, and the brain isn’t what it was so you may well be right. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Simonsen said:

I went as well, I was pretty sure it was 45 mins - however it was 31 years ago, and the brain isn’t what it was so you may well be right. 
    Just found it in the book; he played whole game. Mickey Bennett came on for Colin Pates at half-time. Looks like Paul Mortimer played centre-back, initially with Pates but 2nd half probably with Andy Peake, as we only had one recognised CB in the 13. We lost 2-0. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Simonsen said:
    Simonsen said:

Just found it in the book; he played whole game. Mickey Bennett came on for Colin Pates at half-time. Looks like Paul Mortimer played centre-back, initially with Pates but 2nd half probably with Andy Peake, as we only had one recognised CB in the 13. We lost 2-0. 
    Mortimer and Peake at the back - Christ!  I remember it being 2-0.  I wonder what happened to Ferguson then? 
  • Options
    Added to the illustrious list with Bally Small, Wade Small, Pouso, Alex Stavrinou, Luke Holden, bagheri, tony caig, stuart fleetwood, Rashid Yussuff, nathan ashton, mikel alonso, tosan popo, ade azeez, polish pete, loic nego, Muldoon, 
  • Options
    Released, confirmed on the OS in the Kayal returns to Brighton news.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Released, confirmed on the OS in the Kayal returns to Brighton news.

The way things are we may have to get him back.

Roger Johnson 2.0

• Options
    I heard he was only getting fit for a move MLS. 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51200588

Training with Newport at the moment
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51200588

Training with Newport at the moment
    Snap him up!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alongside Bony? 
  • Options
    What the hell is wrong with Charlton players and Geography - Ledley wanted to move to a club closer to home

So has signed for Newcastle Jets...

...In the Australian A-League!!

Must have got confused when their owners told him he could see Whales whenever he goes to the coast
    There was zero chance anyway, but that means he's given up on trying to get a place in the Wales squad for the Euros
  • Options
    What the hell is wrong with Charlton players and Geography - Ledley wanted to move to a club closer to home

Must have got confused when their owners told him he could see Whales whenever he goes to the coast
    There was zero chance anyway, but that means he's given up on trying to get a place in the Wales squad for the Euros
    I thought he was going to join Newport County

Either club ended his chance of the Euros but at least Newport is close to his home which is what he mentioned
  • Options

It was his closest offer.
  • Options

That’s what happens when you get Stephen Kelly to drive with directions provided by Dale Stephens. 
  • Options
    Still can't quite believe that Ledley took a year off without a club, especially in his early 30s.

I mean, he didn't appear to have any injury problems when his contract at Derby was cancelled  last January ...... as a free agent, why didn't ge get himself fixed up with a club straight away?

Surely he could have got a short term contract somewhere, even if he had to drop a division (like Jonny Williams did a year ago) just to keep playing - especially if he harboured ambitions of playing for Wales at the next Euros? 

When he signed for Charlton last December, it was evident that he'd lost whatever had made him a good player ..... and that at just 32, he was never going to get it back. If ever a player had shot himself in the foot, it was Joe Ledley.

• Options
    Is currently playing for Newcastle Jets in the Australian League against Melbourne City. 

Is this the only live football not postponed? 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Is currently playing for Newcastle Jets in the Australian League against Melbourne City. 

Is this the only live football not postponed? 
    Great, just when we had seen the last of him, the only game of football to watch has him playing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TBF it's great to see a Charlton Legend.
  • Options
    Quality pass and goal from Fitzgerald for Newcastle Jets.
    Other than the left winger Wales for Melbourne City, most of the players don't look that fit, with a few carrying a bit of extra timber. 
  • Options
    Ledley is taken off after 63 minutes
  • Options
    How is their league still playing on when i've seen reports that they've started lockdown measures and closing public places?
  • Options
    Press conference at 10am tomorrow .... expect season to be suspended from then.
  • Options
    I miss him.
  • Options
    I miss him.
    The club just isn’t the same without him.