Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Could be bobbins but is this Gallagher II:

• Options
    He can’t be recalled now can he ?
  • Options
    Hope west ham dont go down lol. Can just imagine them nicking bows if they did 
  • Options
    Why people believe anything they see on twitter is beyond me. It was already mentioned last time this rumour resurfaced that Cullen cannot be recalled now. 
  • Options
    As Shooters Hill Guru suggests, we are past the time they can call him back.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I don’t see that Cullen tweet anymore. Deleted? Looks like someone called them out on their bollocks.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Still fairly relaxed, but I have started to have a vision of Southall saying, 'Obviously we're as disappointed as the supporters that we weren't able to make any signings, but we did bring in Andre Green, so all in all it has been a good window for the club.'
  • Options
    Without doubt signing lyle or keeping him until the summer is the next most important piece of business to take care of after signing boywer up. 

Lyle is a proven goal scorer and has exactly what we need for the run in. 

With him and the other seniors players fit we will be OK 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    27 days down, 4 days left.
    Our Ben Stokes ( big hitters) say, stay chilled ! You can see more action in an old folks home than has occured for Charlton.

Is Matt Southall still convined that prices drop nearer to the end of the window ?
    Only for players, nobody wants.

Players in demand: Taylor and Bonne, the price will go up ? Supply and demand works in football.

• Options
    Valley11 said:

Can't see that tweet now so looks like it's been deleted. 
  • Options
    Man makes journey to upstairs absolutions. Unlocks phone, opens Charlton Life, opens January rumour thread.

Oh the disappointment. A man can't even get a good bit of transfer bollocks whilst taking a shit these days! Ffs!

Back to the takeover thread, that can't let me down with more fish puns......
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Sage said:
    I think we are all expecting there to be interest and offers in for Taylor, we’d be foolish to think otherwise.

At this late stage, and with Bowyer saying he will speak to Taylor this week, I would be genuinely surprised and saddened if he were to leave. Finding an adequate replacement at this late stage would be almost impossible.

Personally cant see it happening - with HE turning up on saturday the last thing they will want is something to rock the boat.
    If ESI accept an offer for Taylor they must have a really good replacement lined up. I was thinking more all good news this week and a couple in through the door to unveil in front of a full house at the Barnsley game.

I actually think if lyle starts or Saturday and has a cracker we might see HE pulling out the stops to make sure he stays. Nothing like making a statement in front of the majority owner to get that 25 bags a week contract 
    I like your thinking, @CAFCDAZ

When he's on the pitch, or even just warming up, the faithful must sing their hearts out to leave HE & MS under no illusion that, whatever it takes, Lyle must stay. 

LYLE TAYLOR BABY ! LYLE TAYLOR OOOOOOO !  ad infinitum.

It's the least we can do.
    Absolutely, we all love him and he means everything to us and represents all that we are as a club. There are a lot of players that are great in the team that they are in because they just fit. I really think Taylor is in exactly that position.
    I hope we make him a good offer and that he realises that we are the best fit to take him and the club to the top. 
    There is an old Wimbledon feeling about the club at the moment to me. We are the little shits at the bottom of the pile (gotta smile at that), but we can wipe the smile off a lot of teams this season and next.
    If Taylor stays I confident predict that Fanny will get a sustained tingle!
  • Options
    Running on pure faith at the minute, few rumours about but nothing too exciting let’s be honest, the best player linked with coming or going is Lyle Taylor.  

I’ve seen many saying “judge ESI come 1st feb”, if it’s looking grim them I assume the same will be saying “judge ESI come May 3rd”.  Massive week in our history coming up, relegation would be catastrophic, simple as that.
    After having Roland for 6 years, I’ve put all my faith in owner eggs in the esi basket. If January is disappointing, I’ll say judge in may. If we are disappointed in may, I’ll say judge in August. I’m going to be right eventually.....I hope
    That's what people were saying re the Belgian :smile:
  • Options
    Scott Hogan going to Birmingham on loan if it hasn’t been mentioned already.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    PopIcon said:
    Running on pure faith at the minute, few rumours about but nothing too exciting let’s be honest, the best player linked with coming or going is Lyle Taylor.  

I’ve seen many saying “judge ESI come 1st feb”, if it’s looking grim them I assume the same will be saying “judge ESI come May 3rd”.  Massive week in our history coming up, relegation would be catastrophic, simple as that.
    No one wants to go down, but catastrophic?
    We've been down before you know!

I'd describe relegation as horrendous, annoying or a pain in the poop-loop. I'll reserve catastophic for the following; folding, being forced to leave the Valley and ground share with Millwall or being sold back to Roland.
    This is a football forum mate, no need to play tomato tomata.  Okay I’ll keep it simple, going down would be a kick in c^nt/sh1te/heart wrenching/catastrophic/horrendous, choose whatever word you like all means the same in this context.
    But right now it's not all doom & gloom. We're in a period where new signings have been promised, key players returning from injury, and a lot of football still to be played this season.

So why keep focussing on the worst case scenario, mate? ...... You make Golfie sound cheerful. :smile:

We have 1 win in 17, that pattern carries on we are down.  You can be as cheerful as you like but that is the scenario, not the worst or best, that is what’s happened, and all we’ve done to rectify it is bowyers contract, that’s it.  We are 1 or 2 unlucky injuries away from another crisis.
    It's not even about being cheerful.

Yeah we've been on a dire run - but we know why. No team in the division would not have struggled given the same injury crisis.
    And even the last 6 games, we've played most of the teams in the top 7. And picked up half a dozen points.

But now we have key players coming back, the mood in the camp is positive .... and we've every chance of strengthening this week.
    We've got the manager we need. And it seems the owners we need also.

Whether you're glass half full or glass half empty, it's the same amount of beer in the glass.

More pressure on the team to get results now then. Not many gave the team a chance playing WBA & Fulham when we had no Taylor, Williams or Cullen. Now we are playing Barnsley & Luton with (presumably) all 3 (plus 2 or 3 new recruits) we had better get a couple of wins because if the results dont pick up NOW then we will be relegated......no ifs, no buts.
    Is it really as drastic as that though? We're 6 points ahead of Barnsley same games played, 7 ahead of Wigan albeit a game extra played and 9 ahead of Luton with an extra game played. We also have a big goal difference advantage over all of them.

I could understand your comments if you were a fan of any one of those 3 teams but we're the team in the driving seat not them. Granted it's not perfect but I wouldn't say it's as dire as your post looks.
    I'll be mightily surprised if we are still 6 or 7 points ahead come March 2nd. We never turn up for the big games & often roll over & get our tummies tickled.

What's more, there is no saying that the super trio that every one is putting so much faith in wont get injured again over the coming weeks & months. Once the clock ticks over to 11pm on Friday then that's it as far as signings are concerned for the season. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Still fairly relaxed, but I have started to have a vision of Southall saying, 'Obviously we're as disappointed as the supporters that we weren't able to make any signings, but we did bring in Andre Green, so all in all it has been a good window for the club.'
    AND i would like to thank Josh Parker for agreeing a second loan term at the Valley...

Oh how we will laugh!
  • Options
    Key word in the name of the tweeter... EX... as in former WHU employee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing really new but it’s a rumour.
  • Options
    QPR have just lost Nakhi Wells who has been recalled by Burnley.
  • Options
    If we got Chirivella I would be buzzing. The lad is so composed on the ball and can pick a pass.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Come on Liverpool, you have won the title, give something back. Would really love to get him. A midfield of him, Cullen, Williams and Green would be fun for half a season.

In all honesty, the boy lad is 22 I believe, surely would be good for him to get some first team football. I accept that training each and every day with that group of players will probably be helpful to his development too.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    Come on Liverpool, you have won the title, give something back. Would really love to get him. A midfield of him, Cullen, Williams and Green would be fun for half a season.

In all honesty, the boy lad is 22 I believe, surely would be good for him to get some first team football. I accept that training each and every day with that group of players will probably be helpful to his development too.
    Agree. 22 to be playing in their u23s is mental.  He’s either going to be breaking into their first team squad or not by then.

They will be rotating the first team in the Prem for sure, but even then he’s probably 4th choice for the position he plays.

come on Klopp, return the favour for Gomez
  • Options
    Someone claimed his mate who works at Charlton reserved an evening slot for a medical for him weeks ago 😂 
    That is a decent signing for them.
  • Options
    Liverpool purloined Joe Gomez off Charlton for 3.5 million. Out of gratitude we should be first on the list for Chirivella to the end of the season. The lad will be in the shop window and then he can move to a club who pay the going rate.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    cfgs said:
    Someone claimed his mate who works at Charlton reserved an evening slot for a medical for him weeks ago 😂 
    That is a decent signing for them.
    Definitely.

I’ll only get pelters for being negative again, but Rhodes to Wigan and Hogan to Birmingham, why aren’t we in for this calibre of forward?!