Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Davison - Sold to Wimbledon (pg 13)

Comments

• Options
    Long long way from being first team player with us like Lapslie league two is at best his level ... whether we loan in out again next season or just release him with first option to buy back or sell on clause like the Lapslie deal 
    George is deffo gonna make Charlton regret letting him slip away for nothing  Gilbey for one ain't fit to clean GL's boots, in fact just ain't fit...
    Davison as a 3rd division striker next season will look best in Charlton red - in the extreme likelihood we're still paddling in this shitheap next season we'd waste buckets of money trying to find better than JD
    We already did with Bogle
    Be very surprised if Bogle cost too much though. 
    I'd bet more than JD
  • Options
    Long long way from being first team player with us like Lapslie league two is at best his level ... whether we loan in out again next season or just release him with first option to buy back or sell on clause like the Lapslie deal 
    George is deffo gonna make Charlton regret letting him slip away for nothing  Gilbey for one ain't fit to clean GL's boots, in fact just ain't fit...
    Davison as a 3rd division striker next season will look best in Charlton red - in the extreme likelihood we're still paddling in this shitheap next season we'd waste buckets of money trying to find better than JD
    We already did with Bogle
    Be very surprised if Bogle cost too much though. 
    I'd bet more than JD
    Undoubtedly. I'm not Davison was the answer though, Bogle was just poor. The former will benefit from some good experience and will hopefully come on for it, maybe enough to play a part next season. 
  • Options
    Who was the last striker who came from the youth/u23s who scored in the champ and was physically competitive?  Grant and Piggot didn't, along with loads who didn't do anything in L1.  Bit harsh to judge him when this is his first year playing as a pro week in week out.  I'm looking forward to watching him.
  • Options
    ColinTat said:
    Who was the last striker who came from the youth/u23s who scored in the champ and was physically competitive?  Grant and Piggot didn't, along with loads who didn't do anything in L1.  Bit harsh to judge him when this is his first year playing as a pro week in week out.  I'm looking forward to watching him.
    Michael Smith. Signed him aged 19? Not prolific but certainly physically competitive and has forged a decent career now. 
  • Options
    Michael Smith seems to be very effective at Rotherham.  I meant to say which of our cf youth players have scored and been effective for us in the champ.  Piggot's doing well in L1 now, but whilst he looked like he should be effective for us he just wasn't a factor in champ games.  Davison physically competed in the games he played, scored and wasn't overawed.

If we don't get Stockley permanently I think he should be a first teamer next season.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    ColinTat said:
    Michael Smith seems to be very effective at Rotherham.  I meant to say which of our cf youth players have scored and been effective for us in the champ.  Piggot's doing well in L1 now, but whilst he looked like he should be effective for us he just wasn't a factor in champ games.  Davison physically competed in the games he played, scored and wasn't overawed.

If we don't get Stockley permanently I think he should be a first teamer next season.
    Davison was all but invisible in every game except one, to my memory. He was very strong against WBA and then failed to get involved after that. 
  • Options
    All I have to say is remember what a loan move did for Karlan Grant
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    ColinTat said:

Davison was all but invisible in every game except one, to my memory. He was very strong against WBA and then failed to get involved after that. 
    He might not have set the Championship on fire but what chance did he have when the players around him were other kids or the walking wounded. It's pretty harsh to judge him on that first run in the side.
    No I agree. He wasn't ready. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Josh Davison is in my opinion every bit as good (at least) as Bonne.
    The club turned a tidy profit on Bonne.
    Mind you Davison is not a commodity, but a hard working 100% player who is pretty single minded about his job.
    Honest, and to be frank a pain in the arse to defend against. How far his attributes take him remains to be seen, but he will have (god willing he remains injury free) a footballing career.
  • Options
    Probably wasn't ready.  Against Wigan he was involved and occupied their centre halves.  He didn't wow, but equally didn't look ineffective which Piggot was.
  • Options
    Good interview, interesting he was the target man at Woking and then running the channels and playing off the big man at Forest Green.
  • Options
    Good read - What's the verdict on whether he can step up next year? 
  • Options
    I would like to see it. Same mould as Washington for me. 

If we stay in league 1 then think it would be good natural progression and if by a miracle we got promoted then sub appearances for the first half of the championship as a taste then a league 1 loan from January.  
  • Options
    As it stands that would give us a front 3 of Davison, Washington and Schwartz, which on paper doesn't sound too bad. 
  • Options
    As it stands that would give us a front 3 of Davison, Washington and Schwartz, which on paper doesn't sound too bad. 
    I'd say that is worse than we have at present 
  • Options
    I'd say that's a pretty poor front line. Bar Washington, none are even proven at this level.
  • Options
    An interesting read, but not sure what Valley Gold has to do with it, seeing that he's someone we picked up when he was 19
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An interesting read, but not sure what Valley Gold has to do with it, seeing that he's someone we picked up when he was 19
    He talks about how coming into the academy improved different aspects of his game to what he learn playing mens non-league football. Surely the academy has a part to play in someones development whether they spent a year or 10 years there.
  • Options
    I thought Davison did well last season for us so was a bit disappointed with what I saw on Saturday. The jury is definitely still out on him as I'm not sure what he brings in terms of being either a focal point or a goalscorer.
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/young-striker-set-to-be-part-of-charltons-first-team-plans-next-season-after-impressing-boss-nigel-adkins/

NA impressed with his fitness, attitude and how he leads the line.

Looks like he’ll be our cover for Stockley.
  • Options
    Excited to see how he does this season. Looked impressive against Dartford and hoping he gets minutes tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I’m not surprised we’re using Davison. We’ve got Stockley, Washington, Ronnie and we’ll possibly get a loan in as well. We spent fairly big on Stockley as our main man and we have a young player who we need to give a proper season to to assess if we keep him or not. Makes sense, especially given Adkins’ brief to play players from the youth setup. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/young-striker-set-to-be-part-of-charltons-first-team-plans-next-season-after-impressing-boss-nigel-adkins/

NA impressed with his fitness, attitude and how he leads the line.

Looks like he’ll be our cover for Stockley.
    Kinda hoped he would play a decent part in the team this season! Glad to hear this
  • Options
    I must say he looked like a different player in that Dartford friendly. Very confident, quick and strong. He even did some step-overs!
  • Options
    My only concern would be the lack of headers/flick on’s he managed against Dartford. Hopefully Stockley can help him in using his strength in hold up play.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I must say he looked like a different player in that Dartford friendly. Very confident, quick and strong. He even did some step-overs!
    Long hair and ponytail
  • Options
    Scored a total of 7 goals last season in the National League and League Two. 

Now expected to be our second striker. 

Not a chance.