Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Davison - Sold to Wimbledon (pg 13)

Comments

• Options
    Not many players at Enfield level actually on contracts.
  • Options
    I'll hold my hands up and say I didn't think he could put in a display like that so soon after making his debut.
    Just like Bonne tbh.
    Very well done Josh & Lee Bowyer the magician.
  • Options
    Isn't it the registration, not contracts, that's transfered?  
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    6 foot 5 and pacey. Nice kid too, according to pals at Dulwich Hamlet.
    Roger Davies,anyone?
  • Options
    I'll hold my hands up and say I didn't think he could put in a display like that so soon after making his debut.
    Just like Bonne tbh.
    Very well done Josh & Lee Bowyer the magician.
    In this situation Bowyer hasn’t done anything magical....he had no choice but to play him! Davison was brilliant yesterday though!
  • Options
    PS Anyone else read this thread title as Joy Division ?
  • Options
    I reckon a lot of them read it as Joy DaviDson. 😉
  • Options
    Yup
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If his contracts up in the new year, might be worth offering a 2 year deal, this lad looks raw (this is where you tell me he’s 30) could do with a polish and who knows where he’ll end up.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Isn't it the registration, not contracts, that's transfered?  
    The relevant info from the EFL:

"43 Registration of Players

43.1 Unless otherwise permitted by Regulation 43.2, registrations of Players are only permitted during a Transfer Window.

43.2 Subject always to the provisions of Regulation 43.3, after the expiry of each Transfer Window in each Season registrations of Players and transfers of registrations will, except as permitted in Regulation 57, be declined or will only be approved:

43.2.1 where the Player is an Out of Registration Player;

43.2.2 where the Player was last registered as or is being registered as a Scholar or Academy Player (subject to such conditions by which the Club making the application and the Player shall be bound); and/or

43.2.3 if agreed by The League (including where the Player was last registered with a Club (or club) which has ceased to trade, including during the Closed Period) subject to such conditions as determined by The League and by which the Club making the application and the Player shall be bound.

43.3 Where any new registration or transfer of a Player is received by The League after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March in each Season, that Player will not be eligible to play in any match organised by The League in that Season, except as permitted in Regulation 57.

43.4 A Registered Player is one who has signed an appropriate registration form or forms and/or contract (such signature to be witnessed by a second person) and whose registration has been approved by The League. Notwithstanding the foregoing, only those Academy Players over the age of 15 years on 1 September in any given Season may play football for a Club’s first team in that Season, and then may only do so with the written permission of his Parent, his school’s head teacher and the approval of The League."

Is there any evidence Davison was registered with Enfield this season? If not, I'd assume that's how we were able to sign him in October and play him before this window.

• Options
    It would be terrible if he didn't sign a contract and just walked away in silence.
  • Options
    If his contracts up in the new year, might be worth offering a 2 year deal, this lad looks raw (this is where you tell me he’s 30) could do with a polish and who knows where he’ll end up.
    Get Parzyszek back as a strike partner? Good idea. I know a scout that can help...
  • Options
    Davison seems to be contracted until the end of the season.

I know there are perhaps other priorities in the next couple of weeks ..... but after that, shouldn't we be thinking about extending his contract?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    JE seems to like saying "up there" a lot.
  • Options
    Bowyer wants us to have enough strikers to allow Davison to go out on loan.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-has-striker-loan-plan/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Connor can play there", doesn't sound like he's planning to play Connor Washington as a striker?
  • Options
    "Connor can play there", doesn't sound like he's planning to play Connor Washington as a striker?
    But also sounds like he expects Chucks to, despite saying he couldn't last year. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    But also sounds like he expects Chucks to, despite saying he couldn't last year. 
    Think Aneke will be more effective in this role in L1. Last season we never got the chance to see what he is capable of. 

Still think he is better as a Number 10 
  • Options
    Good movw for him
  • Options
    be good experience. Same club as Dempsey is at as well. 
  • Options
    Isn't Ben Dempsey back on loan at Woking ?

That's the pair of them there, then.

• Options
    He can be recalled as well if we need him back. 

Curious why it was only announced this afternoon though, seeing that he's playing for Woking today!
  • Options
    Was hoping he would get a league 2 gig.
  • Options
    Aneke is injured. Again. Bogle is far from match fit and has much to prove. Washington is far from a 20 goal a year striker.

So unless we have a striker lined up to come in - and as the number 9 shirt is still unfilled I live in hope - this looks to me a very strange time to loan him out.