Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Josh Davison - Sold to Wimbledon (pg 13)

Comments

• Faal, in hot form at the moment. 
  • iaitch said:
    Faal, in hot form at the moment. 
    Oh god. Ive just been chuckling reading the "coolest charlton players thread, i dont think i am ready for the hot puns
  • Apologies OR.
  • Transmission my favourite 
  • ...oh sorry, thought it said Joy Division songs
  • iaitch said:
    Faal, in hot form at the moment. 
    The new Tony Currie
  • 6 foot 5 and pacey. Nice kid too, according to pals at Dulwich Hamlet.
  • Needs a new contract, only has a deal until the end of the season.
  • Easily his best game for us yesterday, he’s been pretty anonymous in previous games I thought but his all round play seemed much better yesterday.
  • Scoham said:
    Needs a new contract, only has a deal until the end of the season.
    Exactly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought he was excellent yesterday. I didn't really know his background until reading this. 

Great instinctive goal and really high work rate. 
  • Easily his best game for us yesterday, he’s been pretty anonymous in previous games I thought but his all round play seemed much better yesterday.
    He played well in the cup and was unlucky not to score
    He played well in the cup and was unlucky not to score
    He was good against Swansea too 
  • Simonsen said:
    Easily his best game for us yesterday, he’s been pretty anonymous in previous games I thought but his all round play seemed much better yesterday.
    He wasnt anonymous last week v West Brom. He gave a similar performance with good touches, hard work and physicality. 
    I like how he said in the post match interview that he had a similar chance last week (to the one he scored yesterday) - It was because Sarr headed it down to him last week that he knew to be in the right position this time

Good to see he's learning and taking onboard how to be better positionally
    Just watched Bowyer’s post match interview on Valley Pass - Davison was supposed to be the other side of Naby!
  • How comes we signed him in October yet he could play in the first team before 1st January?

If he was 16 or 17 I could understand it. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    How comes we signed him in October yet he could play in the first team before 1st January?

I think he was on loan from about August time from Enfield and his move was made permanent.
  • edited January 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    How comes we signed him in October yet he could play in the first team before 1st January?

Good question. Possibly out of contract? The announcement on the OS said that he played for Enfield last season, but didn't mention anything about the start of this season:

"The centre-forward came up through the Peterborough academy before enjoying a spell at Enfield Town in the Isthmian League Premier Division last season."

• Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    Scoham said:
    Needs a new contract, only has a deal until the end of the season.
    Did he wave goodbye at the end?
    No but he did shake Bowyer’s hand... didn’t look good to me...
  • edited January 2020
    He was still showing on the Enfield website as one of their 1st team players early season but then was on on trial with us which seemed to go on for an extended period whilst scoring for the u23s then he was signed.
  • https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5da4915fa4bc9/u23-striker-josh-davison-joins-the-addicks

He signed in October after a "trial".  As he was an Enfield player, until we signed him, I don't understand how it's not a transfer. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5da4915fa4bc9/u23-striker-josh-davison-joins-the-addicks

He signed in October after a "trial".  As he was an Enfield player, until we signed him, I don't understand how it's not a transfer. 
    Sshhhhh
  • Maybe because it was Enfield are Isthmian League or out of contract as Gillis says.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5da4915fa4bc9/u23-striker-josh-davison-joins-the-addicks

I can't see any evidence he was under contract at Enfield this season. It appears he didn't play any competitive games for them this season, as he seems to have been on trial with us from August onwards.
  • I was really impressed with his hold up play too. I hadn’t really seen that from him before.
  • Great to see our recruitment team are continuing to unearth young talent from lower/non league teams.

Young Josh worked his socks off and not intimidated by  his big marker.
  • Going to be a great young player to bring off the bench when everyone is back fit. Really gave them WBA centre halves an awful time yesterday. Great to watch love it.