Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Lapslie (Pg 21 - Joins Mansfield permanent)

Comments

• Options
    Starting right back next season?
    George or the baby? 
  • Options
    Wiredu or Oshilaja would be another option

May well need George to play in the Midfield 
  • Options

Has Lapslie ever played more than two matches in a row for Charlton? Not his biggest fan but hard to criticise when I don’t think he has a extensive run in the team. Played well against Pompey and Sunderland in league 1 so surely should be a good player for that division.
  • Options

Has Lapslie ever played more than two matches in a row for Charlton? Not his biggest fan but hard to criticise when I don’t think he has a extensive run in the team. Played well against Pompey and Sunderland in league 1 so surely should be a good player for that division.
    Played four games on the trot: Luton | Sheff Wed | Huddersfield | Middlesbrough although only started one of them

Should definitely be an asset in League One next season but until he gets given a proper run in the team he's almost another Grant
  • Options
    What is this preferred position? Full back, wide midfield, central midfield, defensive midfield, wing back?

Always looks lightweight to me but as above if he gets a run we may see something in him.
  • Options
    I'd say its Centre MIdfield, almost in the Darren Pratley or Josh Cullen role
  • Options
    Congratulations to George and his partner.

Lapslie will be CAFC captain.  Him and Ablie in centre midfield will compliment each other well.a
    a bit late but I'm sure it'll be appreciated …..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He’ll be a good solid part to a middle table league one side with the potential to Create history and reach our lowest league position since we first got promoted out of the third tier in 1929 

15th spot will claim that 

we first entered league football 1921-22 season finishing 16th in division 3S
    we then have a 15th and 21st as our third worst and worst ever third tier finishes in 1924/5 and 1925/6

so if we’re lucky enough to have a team to support we may be able to witness one of the shittest Football league teams in our history , heady times in SE7

• Options
    edited August 2020
    He’ll be a good solid part to a middle table league one side with the potential to Create history and reach our lowest league position since we first got promoted out of the third tier in 1929 

we then have a 15th and 21st as our third worst and worst ever third tier finishes in 1924/5 and 1925/6

so if we’re lucky enough to have a team to support we may be able to witness one of the shittest Football league teams in our history , heady times in SE7

But we were a great Non-League side winning everything insight.

It all went downhill after we turned professional in 1920.

Stayed at Pound Park, we should have stayed at Pound Park, staaayed at Pound Park.
  • Options

Played four games on the trot: Luton | Sheff Wed | Huddersfield | Middlesbrough although only started one of them

Should definitely be an asset in League One next season but until he gets given a proper run in the team he's almost another Grant
    Sorry, but I don't rate him. Runs about like a headless chicken or like someone who has won a place in the team for the day. Whenever he comes on as a sub the team starts to go backwards (away at Millwall being one such occaison) & in the run of 4 games above our results were WLLL. In the Huddersfield game he was solely responsible for the first goal by giving a suicidal backpass to Oshilaja. 

I realise that in the coming season our options may be limited but imo Lapslie should be as far away from the team as possible.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Sorry, but I don't rate him. Runs about like a headless chicken or like someone who has won a place in the team for the day. Whenever he comes on as a sub the team starts to go backwards (away at Millwall being one such occaison) & in the run of 4 games above our results were WLLL. In the Huddersfield game he was solely responsible for the first goal by giving a suicidal backpass to Oshilaja. 

I realise that in the coming season our options may be limited but imo Lapslie should be as far away from the team as possible.
    If you went back and found threads on Karlan Grant from his early days then I imagine people were saying the same things

Lapslie has struggled with injury these last few years, constant concussions not helping from put his head where it hurts too often

Championship was maybe a bit too soon for him this year, would hope he'll do better in League One provided he's given enough of a chance which'll be most likely the case this season
  • Options

He’ll be one of our best players next year , that’s where we’ll be as a club if we’re lucky enough to survive , there’s something for you to look forward to 
  • Options
    he's a 'workhorse' and will certainly need a bit of creativity around him if he's playing with Pratley. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    he's a 'workhorse' and will certainly need a bit of creativity around him if he's playing with Pratley. 
    A workhorse with an eye for a pass yet he needs to show a lot more consistency over

His passing / movement for his Luton goal reminded me of his first game when he split the Blackpool defence with a pass (didnt come to anything) yet then looked a fish out of water

I'm not saying he's Phil Foden or even Albie Morgan but think his defensive side (like what we saw against Portsmouth) over shadows the other side of his game that he can produce
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I hate these negative posts, do we really need a right back and more than two centre backs? Just think of the money we are saving on not offering contracts to established pros’s. The transfer embargo is a blessing in disguise, those horrible agents won’t make a penny out of us. Look at these positives instead of league position when the season hasn’t started yet

note: This is not a serious post and I am in agreement with the original post
  • Options

He’ll be one of our best players next year , that’s where we’ll be as a club if we’re lucky enough to survive , there’s something for you to look forward to 
    Proper OohAaagh comment. Love it, mate.

Keep'em coming!  :smile:

• Options
    He can probably choose which position he wants to play next season, there won't be much competition left in the squad.
  • Options

Agree entirely. If folk are seriously rating him and even tipping him for future club captain - may the Lord help us.
  • Options
    I have to agree with the misery merchants. 

If he's the answer to our problems, I am the Pope (no not Nick).
  • Options
    Surely young players can improve and prove us wrong?
    Sure they can, Karlan is an immediate example. 

Then you have all those that don't make it. Or need to move on to realise their potential/have the penny drop. 
  • Options
    New arrival, kid is starting school next week.