Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Lapslie (Pg 21 - Joins Mansfield permanent)

Comments

• edited February 2020
    To back up what you say Dazzler, I had a quick look at Stabank and he seems to be have our highest average score this season with 7.29. Ok, he hasn't played many games but he couldn't have been too shoddy in them!
  • I assume the scans Lapslie was talking about aren't the sort we'd do internally anyway, but ones done by private clinics. Maybe the 3rd scan was done by a different (and more expensive) clinic
  • Sage, what is difference between pulling a hamstring and doing your hamstring tendon? Same thing? Different and differing treatments?
  • To me he's more of a Stevie Brown than a Gritty.

He's not naturally skilful in my opinion, he's not going to hit a defence splitting 50 year pass very often, but just like Steve Brown he never gives up, versatile, determination, never shirk a challenge and will always be committed to the cause and can do a job in a number of positions.

I don't see him as a first 11 player in what we have got as a squad, but for sure he should be on the bench most games due to his ability to do a job in a number of positions, I assume he's not an ex Keeper like Brownie........ shame.

As the stat banks probably will show, he's a 7/10 every game, rarely will he drop below a 7 and occasionally he'll grab an 8. I hope Pratley has him under his wing as he can learn a lot from him to really push on.
  • Sage, what is difference between pulling a hamstring and doing your hamstring tendon? Same thing? Different and differing treatments?
    Hamstrings are of course a group of muscles, rather than one specific muscle. So pulling them means you’ve torn the fibres of the muscle, grade one, two, or three.

’Doing your hamstring tendon’ is completely different and would require different treatment for sure. The tendon of one of the hamstring muscles is the same as any other, to an extent as the achilles for example is extremely strong, but what it does is connect the specific muscle to the bone, likely his hip/pelvis. Tearing this structure is tough because they’re usually very strong but have a poor blood supply in comparison to the muscle.

So in short, completely different injuries and yes, different treatment would be required for sure. Thankfully he is back and much better now.
  • Thanks. I have a problem in that area (walking) so suspect it is a tendon issue. When I ran it was diagnosed as a gland not providing lubrication. Does that make sense?
  • 50 years ago I tore a hamstring playing football on a waterlogged pitch. By the evening blood/bruising was visible from my thigh to my ankle.

It took a long time to heal and I had treatment from an amazing blind physiotherapist at the Greenwich District Hospital which helped. His advice was to only run on grass but this is difficult when you need to run for a train or bus.

For a long time afterwards if I started to run I felt a sharp tug at the point of the tear - I still have a lump of what I assume to be scar tissue on the back of my thigh.

It is certainly a complex part of the body.

• Thanks. I have a problem in that area (walking) so suspect it is a tendon issue. When I ran it was diagnosed as a gland not providing lubrication. Does that make sense?
    No idea on that one, could depend on the origin of the pain if it’s tendon or not. But, I’m not a doctor, and that diagnosis sounds too sexual for me! 
  • Ask Sage ?

what’s your view on cryotherapy.

i know Watford and Arsenal have it ( a chamber) according to the fella who gave me my treatment in Loughton , he plays for Welling and it’s his practise .
    I had cryo localised on a shoulder I’d wrecked bowling in a cricket net for 2 hours with my son and I couldn’t move arm , had some physio and that helped small , after 5 days went for cryotherapy on it and from being able to move it 10% went to 85-90% movement overnight .

• Sponsored links:

• Crusty54 said:
    50 years ago I tore a hamstring playing football on a waterlogged pitch. By the evening blood/bruising was visible from my thigh to my ankle.

It took a long time to heal and I had treatment from an amazing blind physiotherapist at the Greenwich District Hospital which helped. His advice was to only run on grass but this is difficult when you need to run for a train or bus.

For a long time afterwards if I started to run I felt a sharp tug at the point of the tear - I still have a lump of what I assume to be scar tissue on the back of my thigh.

It is certainly a complex part of the body.

100%. It’s an incredibly complex part of the body as they need to be stronger than the quads, even more so because of their function with the knee, but they also allow us to be explosive and improve posture.

Unfortunately, if initial hamstring injuries are not 100% treated, you’re always likely to have a problem. That doesn’t mean more physio won’t help, because it most probably will. 
  • Ask Sage ?

i know Watford and Arsenal have it ( a chamber) according to the fella who gave me my treatment in Loughton , he plays for Welling and it’s his practise .
    I had cryo localised on a shoulder I’d wrecked bowling in a cricket net for 2 hours with my son and I couldn’t move arm , had some physio and that helped small , after 5 days went for cryotherapy on it and from being able to move it 10% went to 85-90% movement overnight .

Fantastic piece of technology and pleased we have linked up with the one in Welling this season. Aids recovery, gets rid of the toxins in the muscles and blood and replaces with better quality oxygen when you’re out and warmed up. Can improve skin and also research says it can aid weight loss too. Haven’t got a bad thing to say about it to be honest.
  • Sage said:
    Ask Sage ?

Fantastic piece of technology and pleased we have linked up with the one in Welling this season. Aids recovery, gets rid of the toxins in the muscles and blood and replaces with better quality oxygen when you’re out and warmed up. Can improve skin and also research says it can aid weight loss too. Haven’t got a bad thing to say about it to be honest.
    Linked up with Welling while Roland was here or since ESI took over?
  • edited February 2020
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    Ask Sage ?

Linked up with Welling while Roland was here or since ESI took over?
    Surprisingly whilst Roland was here.
  • edited February 2020
    Great to see George back in action, we’ve missed his enthusiasm and energy.

Watching his goal back on quest the little pass he made before the goal was absolute quality, ripped the Luton defence to shred, welcome back George!
  • Sage said:
    Ask Sage ?

Cheers , yep I could not believe what it did to me the miraculous recovery it gave me was unreal and well you know me as a pessimist I wasn’t expecting much and I can’t speak highly enough for it .

• Congratulations to George and his partner .
  • Congratulations to George and Ruth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Congrats to them both
  • I like that name for a solstice baby, good choice
  • Many congrats to the whole Lapslie clan, and isn't it splendid there is now a little Lappo?
    Now get those boots back on George!
  • Congratulations, George and Ruth.
  • Congratulations, George and Ruth.
  • Congratulations George! Please don’t scare the poor little thing, go get a hair cut and take your bother with you 
  • Congratulations to George & Ruth.
  • Starting right back next season?
  • I hope that's not true.
  • iaitch said:
    I hope that's not true.
    Sort of thing I think we may have to get used to.