Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Lapslie (Pg 21 - Joins Mansfield permanent)

Comments

• Options
    Will be Charlton captain in the future.
    Good call
  • Options
    Depending on what league we end up in I am not sure if he will ever be a constant first team player for us, nevermind captain. 

But there's no doubt he is an absolute credit to the club and to its academy. Charlton boy through and through who works his socks off both on and off the pitch. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    What a super sub!

Just what we needed at that stage of the match.
  • Options
    🤣🤣🤣 brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic performance today.
  • Options
    What do you all feel his best position is? 

He could be the next James Milner and that is a strong compliment. 

His last game for us was right back and he played very well. Today he was penalty box playermaker and harasser!
  • Options
    Said it at the start of the thread.

He is a 21st Century Steve Gritt and that is a big compliment.
  • Options
    Never got to see Steve Gritt play :blush:
  • Options
    George's best game for Charlton I think.
    Well he changed the game, won the penalty and scored.
    Thank you George 

Huge fan of Lapslie. His performance at Pompey away last season was something special. 

Been said before but If he could have stays fit during our injury crisis could have easily got 15+ starts and became a first regular at Charlton 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with the above....is it a pattern that once players enter the starting lineup with us they become more negative in their play and arent given the same platform to express themselves? Or maybe its just a confidence issue on a team level we are/have been experiencing.
  • Options
    I think the issue was that whilst he was injured, he wasn't fully established before he got injured. But of course we missed him because we could have done with him. The lad does have something about him and his high energy game can really help the midfield. As he matures and improves technically, he could become a bit special. I like the cut of his jib. 
  • Options
    He's ideal to play right-hand side of the diamond. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Said it at the start of the thread.

He is a 21st Century Steve Gritt and that is a big compliment.
    But he has hair not that we care.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I am happy for Lapslie.  A fantastic performance which changed momentum during the match but I think we are all getting caught up in the buzz of one excellent performance.  He has been completely anonymous or poor for his other 4 or 5 appearances in the Championship.  A good squad player who brings a lot of energy but comparing him to premier league players, calling him a future squad captain or thinking he automatically should be starting rest of the season is crazy. Let’s not have unrealistic expectations here.
  • Options
    There’s a touch of a potential (non-alcoholic) Ray Parlour about his game.