Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Lapslie (Pg 21 - Joins Mansfield permanent)

Comments

• Options
    Any update on where Lapslie is? Haven't seen him since the Brentford game. 
    He's currently at home playing fifa according to his instagram

Wonder how him and Jonny got all them icons?
  • Options
    George, where are you?

You've fallen off the radar - or at least joined the Aneke club.

• Options
    Who?
  • Options
    Totally agree,here was a great chance for george to establish himself,but he has had such bad luck with inuries.Guys like him are the life blood of this club,never stops trying,I hope he comes back soon.
  • Options
    Do we even know what injury he has? It never seems to be mentioned. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    It was originally a hamstring.

Lapo came back for the Millwall game early November and no one has seen him since.
    Must assume he's had further problems with hamstring.

@Sage may have some insight, perhaps?

• Options
    Great lad, hope he overcomes this setback.
  • Options
    George is one I feel very sorry for. Seemingly a great bloke and a good young prospect and a charlton fan.

Played an important role last season without ever being first choice. Finds himself down the pecking order at the start of this season but still plays a bit part role with a couple of useful jobs done off the bench. Then when the injury crisis hits and we have no fit midfielders it's a really opportunity for him to do his career some real good and get a serious run of games in the championship but no hes injured to so cant use the opportunity.

Just gutted for the guy.
    Agreed, you fear he's missed his big chance to get established in the Championship
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Lapo came back for the Millwall game early November and no one has seen him since.

Recurring hamstring injury was the last I knew. Possibly was an underlying problem but no idea. I did also make a little joke about him a week or so ago about being missing and hoping the authorities were made aware. Really expected him to be training by now, but nope, not yet. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He had on his instagram story yesterday him in the changing room with some new boots? 
  • Options
    A lot of Lapslie's game is chasing down opponents, turning sharply, sprint bursts etc. Problems now with his hamstrings doesn't bode well for his future. 
  • Options
    I wish him luck and hope he comes back to play a major role. He was an absolute hero in that Fratton Park battle last season.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Oggy Red said:

Recurring hamstring injury was the last I knew. Possibly was an underlying problem but no idea. I did also make a little joke about him a week or so ago about being missing and hoping the authorities were made aware. Really expected him to be training by now, but nope, not yet. 
    Thanks for posting, Sage.

Really do feel for Lapslie. To have been able to step in and provide energy in a depleted midfield, would have been a great opportunity for him to impress.
    No doubt for many games he would have been a nailed on starter.

• Options
    Talal said:
    A lot of Lapslie's game is chasing down opponents, turning sharply, sprint bursts etc. Problems now with his hamstrings doesn't bode well for his future. 
     Probably not that career threatening ...... !

Sometimes it's a strain/problem elsewhere that's compensated by putting pressure on the hamstring.
    Once the initial cause is found and rectified, the body is back in balance and the hamstring not pressured and alowed to heal.

Sage will know about that sort of thing.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Not saying it would end his career but struggling to recover now from what I presume is his first hamstring injury isn't a great sign imo. 
  • Options
    hope to see him soon, is a very useful player to have around.
  • Options
    Why have we not heard anything about Lapslie's injury from the club? He was our YPOTY last year.
  • Options
    good news
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant news.
  • Options
    Great news, though he'll struggle to get in the first team unless we have another injury crisis with all the new midfielders signed
  • Options
    Great news, though he'll struggle to get in the first team unless we have another injury crisis with all the new midfielders signed
    No offence to George but I bloody hope thats the case

I'll also hopefully feel sorry for Lewis Page - He'll have had loads of company these last few months what with the other players going through rehab, bet thats going to be a lot more difficult for him again being the only one once Bonne is fully back (well he more or less is)
  • Options
    Good news, still feel for him though. Would've had a lot of starts recently, now will struggle to get in the 18.
  • Options
    Let's hope he gets through the game.

Page didn't.
  • Options
    Looks like George is having an influence:

35’ GOALLL! Morgan puts the visitors in front after being played through by Lapslie. The initial shot was blocked but Morgan was on hand to slot home the rebound.

#wfc 1-2 #cafc

40' GOAAALLL! And Charlton are back in front! Lapslie was brought down inside the area and Vennings kept his cool to convert the resulting penalty.

#wfc 2-3 #cafc

For those that are interested Mount Chuks scored our first:

25’ GOALLL! Aneke pulls the Addicks level with a fine solo effort! The forward ran at the defence before slamming a shot into the net. 

#wfc 1-1 #cafc
  • Options
    Never know....he could be 2nd choice wing back by the end of the season.
  • Options
    Very underrated player
    Like I said once before in the past!