Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

Comments

• Options
    Needn’t have come back from Israel to play post lock down and having watched him play I wish he had not bothered.  In hindsight Davisson would have been the better option.  Not his fault, he tried but was clearly past it and had replaced his goal scoring boots with the spongiest feet we have witnessed at The Valley (including Church).
  • Options
    Thanks for the memories, Tomer 👋👋
  • Options
    Thanks Tomer . You were total dogshit .
  • Options
    he was a great disappointment .. like another striker (one amongst many going back decades) a few years back, Ricardo Fuller, it seems we got him just past his use by date .. it's still not too late to sign Paddy Madden lol
    But then Fuller scored 5 goals for us that season, if Hemed had scored 5 goals, that would probably have kept us up
    1 goal would have kept us up.

Other than Hull, QPR or Leeds all we needed was 1 goal in any other the other 6 post lockdown games.

And thats my point earlier for a player who even last season scored 7 goals in 27 games at QPR, we just needed 1 from him

If a goalkeeper dived around and tried to save balls but conceded 4 or 5 goals every game, would people say oh well at least he is putting effort in, no they would say he is not doing his job which is to stop players scoring.

As a striker with 0 goals Hemed hasn't done his job no matter how much effort he may have put in it wasnt good enough if you cant score, when we lost Taylor we needee Hemed as the most experienced striker we had to step up and he failed to deliver and we were left to rely on a player who was non league last year to score goals and he managed 3
    Well, one goal from anyone could have kept us up, so by that logic every single player failed. We never got the best from Hemed but he was really good when we first came back and he was a big part of us getting the only wins our the post-lockdown period. He assisted Pearce's goal and he was excellent in both the Hull and QPR games. That's six points that he contributed to; let's not forget that Bonne started off terribly in the first few games and it was Hemed who was helping knit things together in attack. I think the Millwall game shook him and he wasn't really the same after that, but the reason people are thanking Hemed for his efforts id because he contributed to us actually being within touching distance in the last game, just looking at the 0 goals scored column doesn't take that into account. He came back from Israel, turned up, tried and contributed until his form dropped off. Things would have been worse if he hadn't, and that's a fact.

Good perspective @Garrymanilow

Some people seem to be forgetting that it's team game, strikers need a service which was often sparse with Charlton this past season - and even the best of them miss good chances before they net one: it's an averages game.

And when all else fails, luck needs to play a part - we've all seen the miss-hit shot that somehow bobbles in or the jammy deflection diverting into the net a shot that was otherwise going wide ...... lord knows, we've conceded enough of those.

Remember Bonne's first goal for Charlton, home to Leeds, the goaline clearance from a defender that hit Bonne on the back and went in?

None of those went in for Tomer Hemed did they?
    If they had, people might have a different opinion. Fine margins and all that.

And the other thing with strikers - they go on a run of matches without a goal, then one finally goes in, then goals often follow regular in the next run of games.

It's all about averages.

Tomer Hemed's performances and decent goalscoring record throughout his career shows that. 

• Options
    He owes me a tenner, reckless bet with a fellow addick who said he couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo. 
  • Options
    Have to say, hemed was one of the slowest players I've ever seen. Not just pace wise, but he seemed to take an age to control the ball and work out what he was gonna do with it. Which invariably was nothing! Fair play to him seeing out the last few games, but I doubt he has a life changing transfer lined up like taylor! To summarise...useless, but I guess he tried. All the best for the future tomer 👍
  • Options
    He’s had a decent career, just didn’t work out with us.
    Simon Francis is another example. Went to Bournemouth and had a crack time. Became captain and took them to the prem.
    some players just don’t settle or fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blocked one on the line late on at home to Bees. As good as a match winning goal. But other than that, couldn't do anything with the meagre scraps on offer. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Blocked one on the line late on at home to Bees. As good as a match winning goal. But other than that, couldn't do anything with the meagre scraps on offer. 
    This, it's not like he got service and missed loads of chances. We just didn't create much, especially in terms of crosses, for him to get on the end of.
  • Options
    Hemed and Kayal taken together as a double act were a huge disappointment. Absolutely typical of has been a in the last chance saloon for a last hoorah deal.  Sure they both had talent but they were busted flushes that just summed up our predicament. Buying at Lidl from the past the sell by date shelf I’m afraid. 
  • Options
    Hemed and Kayal taken together as a double act were a huge disappointment. Absolutely typical of has been a in the last chance saloon for a last hoorah deal.  Sure they both had talent but they were busted flushes that just summed up our predicament. Buying at Lidl from the past the sell by date shelf I’m afraid. 

I didn't expect miracles from Hemed because he wasn't great at QPR last season but he did chip in with a few goals for them so I was expecting similar here. Ultimately turned out a disappointment because he couldn't even do that.

But I'm not sure if I've ever been as disappointed with how a signing panned out as much as I was with Kayal. 18 appearances for a side that stayed up in the premier league last season and 18 the season before (when he was only available for half that season). Brighton mate said he was a fantastic signing. I honestly though that one was a season changer. Thought he could end up being one of the best players in the championship this season. How wrong I was.
  • Options
    I am gonna stop getting excited about Striker signings lol, because the last 2 I got really excited about have scored a combined total of 8 league goals(and tbh I was surprised Ajose had scored 8) 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I think he’s getting an easy ride simply because he carried out his job/contract by playing and some others didn’t.

Good luck in whatever he does next, but he was absolutely dreadful for us. Not a single goal or standout performance in that amount of appearances is frankly shocking. Can’t dress it up any other way I’m afraid. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Simonsen said:
    This, it's not like he got service and missed loads of chances. We just didn't create much, especially in terms of crosses, for him to get on the end of.
    He would have scored one at the Covered End if he was 6ft 5.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    This time last year I was very excited about him signing, he had a good track record at this level. Another poster got it spot on when they said that we got him on his decline. 

He had just come off an ok season next to Nahki Wells at QPR but I suppose there’s a reason QPR brought back Wells on loan but opted against taking Hemed in favour of Jordan Hugill.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    He's off judging from his instagram message

From the first moment I arrived to this club I realized how spacial and big it is.I want to thank everyone, the people in the club, my teammates, coaching & medical staff, you’re all amazing people and so professional and of course to the fans that showing thier unconditional support every week.Unfortunately this season was really tough in general and personally too but I tried to give everything I can till the last moment to help the team.Thank you CAFC for this year and I wish the club to be back where it deserve to be, at the highest level of football. #thanks #cafc ❤️⚪️🔴🙌🏻

He should have just crept out quietly, was embarrassing and this just reminds us 
    Bit OTT he obviously stuggled and admits it and thanks for any and all support he still got. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    He gave his all for the club whether it worked out or not. He is very much liked by the players and staff. Effort is demanded, quality is expected. He may not have shown his quality for us, but he never lacked the effort. As mentioned, he flew back and left his family in Israel. Others decided they couldn’t be bothered. He wanted to do well, it just didn’t work out.
    His first touch up front was fantastic. Shame he never scored but the effort was there he just needed to make a relationship with his strike partners, if he does that then he scores.
  • Options
    Never really worked out with us, but I will say that he came back after the break, wanted to play and wanted to try when others did not, so I think more on the good than the bad side.
  • Options
    I think it’s fair to say Charlton fans didn’t see the best of Hemed.

He came, he saw but he couldn’t hit a barn door.
  • Options
    It was sad to see, but Hemed had lost it. A telling vignette: During the warm-up before Leeds game, all players were put through the drill by Jackson just outside the box: ball given, run up, one touch, and shoot.

Camera zooms in on player's face. All are focussed, zombie-eyed, firmly locked in the zone. Hemed shoots, and looks around anxiously - at the keeper, at Jackson, at anyone for reassurance.

He was never going to score.  It was sad.

• Options
    He tried his best,I think if he had got a goal early on in his stay with us,he maybe would have gone on from their,but sadly the more he played the more it seemed to weigh him down.Seems a good man,wish him well.
  • Options
    A gamble which did not pay off, but not his fault, I always thought he did his best for us and as a striker would have been more frustrated with his non-contribution to goals than anybody. I wish him well and applaud his attitude for flying back from Israel while it would have been the easiest/most acceptable (note this Taylor, Solly and Davis) option to stay at home and avoid the risks of getting on an airplane etc. This all happened while we were in fuller lockdown, risk to life, not to a sports injury... Says a lot, again, thank you Tomer, a truly valiant spiri and effort!
  • Options
    It was difficult for him that he was injured and then when fit he never got a long run in the side to form any partnerships with the others strikers.
  • Options
    One of those that on paper made a lot of sense, he had done a good job in the Championship before. There were games he was anonymous, wasn't particularly great in the air, but I actually thought he created quite a few opportunities for other strikers, but his lack of goal scoring threat was frustrating, when compared to Bonne.