Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

Comments

• Ben18 said:
    Showed a couple of glimpses yesterday. Particularly when he bullied Bartley, and brought down a long ball, before laying it off. 

Hope his injury issues are behind him and he can be the player we all hoped on deadline day. 
    I agree, he looks a lot sharper than he did earlier in the season.
  • Was more impressed with his attitude than his ability when he came on. You hope going from a premier league player to 3rd choice in a championship relegation battler would give motivation to kick on and show his worth.
  • Both players starting tomorrow maybe?
    No, just ready to put a bib on and sit on the bench :smile:  

Thought he had something about him when he came off the bench against Leeds.  Hope he does start tomorrow as him v Bauer will be a good battle
  • Dazzler21 said:
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/B6vy21ID9_0/?igshid=1juudtheezit9

After watching this, he's definitely lost a bit of weight since his first game with us.

But also you can see he has definite ability throughout his career. 

If we persist with him I am certain he can be a 1in 3 (or 4) striker for us.
    Games or years?!
  • Both players starting tomorrow maybe?
    No, just ready to put a bib on and sit on the bench :smile:  

Thought he had something about him when he came off the bench against Leeds.  Hope he does start tomorrow as him v Bauer will be a good battle

Agreed, thought he looked a notch sharper than in previous appearances. Maybe an hour for him as well with Davison to come on and make a nuisance of himself in the last half hour.

Please, please, PLEASE no more injuries.

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    He has a natural strikers instinct and that’s what we were crying out for last weekend, on the end of some of Green’s crosses. I have a good feeling he’ll score tomorrow

7/2 anytime with 365. Longer odds than Taylor, Bonne and Davison. Probably worth waiting until we see the line-ups though.
  • He has a natural strikers instinct and that’s what we were crying out for last weekend, on the end of some of Green’s crosses. I have a good feeling he’ll score tomorrow
    Please see the preview thread, it’s already been stated by a very wise poster that he’s going to score the winner tomorrow.
  • edited February 2020
    Was a mixed bag for me. Did some good stuff and worked hard but very wasteful and never looked like he'd score. Also seemed knackered quite early. Still there are signs he'd be useful with Taylor if Bonne isn't available for whatever reason. 
  • He must have been a very good player when he was younger. 
  • Talal said:
    Was a mixed bag for me. Did some good stuff and worked hard but very wasteful and never looked like he'd score. Also seemed knackered quite early. Still there a signs he'd be useful with Taylor if Bonne isn't available for whatever reason. 
    Yes, you'd have expected Lyle to be the player needing to come off, not Hemed, considering how sparingly he's been used AND how long it's been since he had that injury
  • Sponsored links:

• One thing I like about him is he is very active on social media. It probably seems like an easy thing to do, but he is always complimenting players in the comments on their posts whether he has played a game or not. It's a little thing, but it does show the team unity is good off the pitch as well as on.

That is pretty cool.  Where are we in the social media league?
  • One thing I like about him is he is very active on social media. It probably seems like an easy thing to do, but he is always complimenting players in the comments on their posts whether he has played a game or not. It's a little thing, but it does show the team unity is good off the pitch as well as on.
    Who cares about his footballing ability!
  • Just back from the pub after meeting qpr mate said he was shit last year for them so no change to this season shit then 
  • Talal said:
    Was a mixed bag for me. Did some good stuff and worked hard but very wasteful and never looked like he'd score. Also seemed knackered quite early. Still there a signs he'd be useful with Taylor if Bonne isn't available for whatever reason. 
    Yes, you'd have expected Lyle to be the player needing to come off, not Hemed, considering how sparingly he's been used AND how long it's been since he had that injury
    Different players will always have different fitness capabilities. Ive seen Hemed at the station and he's a unit. Play the ball into his feet rather than asking him to run channels and chase lost causes, and he will last longer in a game.

He was hardly chasing lost causes on Tuesday, it was Lyle who was doing the running to stretch their defence.
  • Hemed will come good
  • Hemed played nearly every game for Brighton when they got promoted and scored 13 goals that season, and scored 17 the season before that. you don't start 30+ games for a top 2 side in the championship without having a bit about you
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink scored 87 goals in 4 seasons for Chelsea, then 33 goals in 2 seasons for Boro before joining us...
    JFH was 34, overweight, clearly uninterested and looking for a final payday when he joined us. I don't get that impression with Hemed at all