Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonathon Leko - Jan 2024: on loan at Burton (p14)

Comments

• Options
    I have a feeling he is gonna be one of those players that frustrates us at times
    Definitely. Like Fosu he’ll be a player that looks brilliant when things are coming off for him, but fans will get frustrated when things aren’t quite going his way. He’s only young, and decision making will come with experience.
  • Options
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just to let you know <a href="https://twitter.com/JonathanLeko?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@JonathanLeko&lt;/a> is a fake account. He is not on Twitter</p>&mdash; TJ Leaburn (@TraceyLeaburn) <a href="">August 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Options
    I have a feeling he is gonna be one of those players that frustrates us at times
    Especially if you're stuck behind him in the supermarket!
  • Options
    New song doing the rounds on twitter/FB, from David Bowie's Star Man.

There's a star man, running down the right
    His name is Jonny Leko and he's fcking dynamite

It's catchy but Palarse sing the same thing for Townsend and therefore I'm immediately against it.
  • Options
    Hope yesterdays goal against Reading gets credited to him ( took a big deflection) but does anyone know the words of the Leko song sung yesterday, sounded quite catchy, and I think was an old ABBA tune?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    New song doing the rounds on twitter/FB, from David Bowie's Star Man.

There's a star man, running down the right
    His name is Jonny Leko and he's fcking dynamite

It's catchy but Palarse sing the same thing for Townsend and therefore I'm immediately against it.
    I like that one
  • Options
    I think it's pronounced Leko rather than Leeko, but the Peter Gabriel song Biko might make a good chant
    I'd always thought it was Lecko, but the Brizzletators were calling him Leeko. Do they know some thing, I don't know?

By the way, love your Biko idea. Has anyone taken it up?

Oh Leko, Leko, he scores Leko
    Oh Leko, Leko, he scores Leko
    Charlton are winning, Charlton are winning
    Our man has scored
    Our man has scored
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Someone smearing his name around on twitter.

If the accusations were true then leave it to the police, dont start a twitter account called jonlekoisarapist and keep commenting on every post he is mentioned it.

I have mentioned it on here as the more people that report the account the more likely twitter are to remove it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Racist Leeds fan, report to Police and twitter rather than give him more publicity on here
  • Options
    Twitter account appears to have been stopped.

• Options
    If Diangana gets recalled by Wet Spam, would WBA want Leko back?

I know Pellegrini had previously said this wouldn't happen but got to think that position may have changed with their current form and Lanzini out for so long.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    If Diangana gets recalled by Wet Spam, would WBA want Leko back?

I know Pellegrini had previously said this wouldn't happen but got to think that position may have changed with their current form and Lanzini out for so long.
    we live in hope ..
  • Options
    Not that I don’t like Leko, but I wouldn’t be adverse to him and Sam Field going back to WBA. I think a few prem clubs would be quite happy sending us a couple of their wonderkids after seeing Gallagher’s progression.
  • Options
    wouldn't want to lose Field
    I suspect we already have to a long-term injury though - though it's strange he's not been sent back yet if this is the case.

The injury didn't look good though and the club's lack of acknowledgement since points toward a longer spell on the sidelines. I feel there are somewhat mixed messages here.
  • Options
    I want to keep Leko, but I'd rather he was backup to a better striker, just used as someone who you bring on to change a game with his pace. Leko isn't really a striker and it shows. He's also absolutely insane and seems to only make a good decision on the proviso that it is immediately followed by a bad one in the same dribble. On the rare occasion he runs, beats a man and then plays a good ball though you can see how much it opens up the opposition. I still hold out hope that we'll get in Eddie Nketiah on loan in January if Arsenal lose their temper with how Leeds are using him. He hasn't even made the squad for the last two games and Bielsa isn't exactly known for changing his way of working. It's more likely he would end up at Bristol City if they do that though, and Arsenal have a few other things on their plate going in to January to worry about, but the hope is there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I want to keep Leko, but I'd rather he was backup to a better striker, just used as someone who you bring on to change a game with his pace. Leko isn't really a striker and it shows. He's also absolutely insane and seems to only make a good decision on the proviso that it is immediately followed by a bad one in the same dribble. On the rare occasion he runs, beats a man and then plays a good ball though you can see how much it opens up the opposition. I still hold out hope that we'll get in Eddie Nketiah on loan in January if Arsenal lose their temper with how Leeds are using him. He hasn't even made the squad for the last two games and Bielsa isn't exactly known for changing his way of working. It's more likely he would end up at Bristol City if they do that though, and Arsenal have a few other things on their plate going in to January to worry about, but the hope is there.
    Problem is you don't see his pace often enough as he'd rather try to turn his man a thousand times.  
  • Options
    The West From fans seemed disappointed that Field was loaned out but not bothered about Leko . I can see why now, Leko to me is ineffective , sometimes players can learn how to deliver consistent end product but some players end up flattering to deceive
  • Options
    I agree Leko is a frustrating player & some of his decision making is poor. But, what other player do we have which can provide pace & flare? With Williams on the sideline & Oztumer not getting minutes, we don't really have any other player which can take someone on 1 v 1. I'm not his biggest fan but sending him back would be the wrong choice unless we bring in another flare player. 
  • Options
    Maybe if Fulham bring in another striker in January, Parker could do his friend a favour and loan Aboubakar Kamara to us.

He adds strength, pace, and a decent amount of experience, as well as being able to play out wide too. Not started a game since the opening game of the season and I do think they’ll be looking to strengthen in January.

He has previously had a falling out with Mitrović and was subsequently banned and sent out on loan, but let’s be honest, Mitrović isn’t the nicest of people either.

Literally just a suggestion, but one I think would be more reliable on the pitch than Leko. As much as he has done relatively well for us all things considered. 
  • Options

On 31 July 2017, Kamara signed for Fulham for an undisclosed fee on a four-year contract with an option for another 12 months. He chose to wear the number 47 so that his initials and number would match AK-47

During January, Kamara had another altercation with Mitrović in a yoga session at the club's training ground, and as a result, was left out of the team squad for Fulham's match against Burnley. Later that month, Kamara was arrested at the club's training ground on suspicion of actual bodily harn and criminal damage and was "banned indefinitely from all club activities".

Worst than that he's only 5'10" so fails the CL height test for strikers

• Options

On 31 July 2017, Kamara signed for Fulham for an undisclosed fee on a four-year contract with an option for another 12 months. He chose to wear the number 47 so that his initials and number would match AK-47

During January, Kamara had another altercation with Mitrović in a yoga session at the club's training ground, and as a result, was left out of the team squad for Fulham's match against Burnley. Later that month, Kamara was arrested at the club's training ground on suspicion of actual bodily harn and criminal damage and was "banned indefinitely from all club activities".

Exactly, I said he had a falling out with Mitrović but they brought him back in the summer and integrated him back into the squad.

Maybe he isn’t the best of characters and that is of course what Bow and Gallen look for as well, if they’re the right fit. But, if he has calmed down and is actually okay, he has quality to add to the squad.

As said though, literally only a suggestion because I’m trying to think of other strikers with a bit of pace that aren’t playing for their current clubs. Kamara was one I thought of.
  • Options

That's modern football for you! Clearly the two of them were connecting to their inner peace  :)
  • Options
    genuinely don't get the amount of stick Leko gets at all, I must see a different player
  • Options
    The guy is 20. I'd buy him tomorrow if we had the chance!